Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Tres Virgines & Borrego Sheep Cabanas
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2010 at 06:28 PM

I am pretty sure the geothermal plant is up and running .... and yes, they were so gracious as well when we dropped in on them. Even tho' the restaurant is not up and running officially, they do have that awesome stove and oven and they have to eat too .... and as my friend said - they cooked for the both of them. Being that they have to eat too, I guess they make a little extra food and make a little extra cash this way too ?

Gotta tell you tho', we saw no work being done anywhere .... so my guess is that this is the way it will be - rustic - for a while !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

Mood: Hot & humid --- not hot & dry.

[*] posted on 12-5-2010 at 06:32 PM

Actually they didn't charge me anything. I was simply invited as their guest. Neat, huh? Since I"d eaten already, I simply noshed and had coffee.

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Even tho' the restaurant is not up and running officially, they do have that awesome stove and oven and they have to eat too .... I guess they make a little extra food and make a little extra cash this way too?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2010 at 06:56 PM

yup...that's Baja hospitality at its best !

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-5-2010 at 07:06 PM

Great post... just hard to view with them going off to the right! But thanks!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2010 at 07:12 PM

hmmm the pics Bryan put up are perfect on our screen. For the record, on another post, I finally figured out how to post a single photo. I am feeling so accomplished since it only took me months :lol::yes::lol:

Come visit La Bocana

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2010 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
Sounds a little expensive?? Bring your own blankets?? Can't you just camp out there in the boondocks? I know, support the local economy but it sounds a little Capitalistic by the ejido. Hunting in the Biosphere?? Sounds like they are just sorting things out. Baja Cactus is only $400 p. Wait and see. Tio:O

Capitalism isn't a dirty word or concept to me. More ejidos should find away to generate income and provide access to their land to tourists with an interest to do so.

Comparing Baja Cactus to this property isn't really apples to apples is it?

Ken

This is why they are given the use of the land - to use it to support themselves.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2010 at 03:34 PM

Ooooommmph. Nuts. I'm working so hard on that David. As promised. They fit for my 17" laptop. I actually don't look at the pixel width. I downsize all my hi-res images to less-than 17" screen width at 1024x768 resolution using MS Photo Editor and some other programs. Pan-wide shots get even more difficult to large image size overall. So I've tried the ol' 90-degree rotate.

Now I'm thinking I'll do a two-step. Smaller-yet image embedded and add a link to the hi-res shots that are worthy of a bigger look. I guess I guess I'm just too anxious to share good quality stuff with the community. Apologies to all.

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Great post... just hard to view with them going off to the right! But thanks!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-7-2010 at 04:44 PM

Maybe Santa Claus will drop a 17" monitor down my chimney, then I will have it made! :lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2010 at 04:47 PM

Bryan,

In another post the width issue was discussed. 800 width seemed to be the compromise, picture quality vs. max width for the most viewers.

Thanks for the information and pics, we will definitely stay there for a night or two. We look over at that valley and wonder every trip down!

Ken

(this image is 800 px wide)
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2010 at 05:04 PM

Having often thought about driving up there, but chickening out, a thought that comes to mind based upon the pix of Blanca and Bryan is that over the many decades that I've traveled throughout Mexico, I have always been awestruck at how these people can make comfortable conditions out of almost nothing. Just so civilized in the wilderness.
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2010 at 05:57 PM

That is so true, Bajahowodd . Note that the pictures and location are just 3 Km off Mex 1. Not all the way out towards the volcanoes.

Quote:
Originally posted by BajahowoddI have always been awestruck at how these people can make comfortable conditions out of almost nothing. Just so civilized in the wilderness.

[Edited on 2010-12-8 by bryanmckenzie]
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2010 at 06:02 PM

Thanks, Tripledigitken. I'm going to have to adjust my editing style, I guess. And start paying attension to dimensions, as well as size - a primary challenge with old legacy software that is actually quite good, but sometimes has a quirky limitation. Hence, my need for multiple programs.

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Bryan,

In another post the width issue was discussed. 800 width seemed to be the compromise, picture quality vs. max width for the most viewers.

[Edited on 2010-12-8 by bryanmckenzie]
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2010 at 07:20 PM

La Tierra es para quien lo trabaja---Emiliano Zapata. I have never liked the idea of privatizacion of ejido lands and question the .. uses other than farming. Our ejido here has turned into a Real Estate company--Los Cerritos Beach ! I wish them luck but there are many dangers.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.