Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  11
Author: Subject: 5th Annual BajaNomad Dia de Reyes Toy Drive
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 12-9-2010 at 09:53 PM

fdt, I started to worry about what had happened to you since I had not seen any posting here for a while from you. I will get toys to one of the drop offs but since I am officially retired now thinking of actually going down this time. Besides toys do you take cookies,candy,etc. down to give to kids while they are waiting to get a chance at receiving a toy? Just asking as I was going to ask people at our church if they would like to bake and put cookies in zip lock sandwich bags to hand out also. If so how many would be needed if I can get them to do this?? Will also see about doing the same with candies, if possible for those that do not bake or do not like ovens as they might attack them if ever used in their house,LOL.

Could you also say what other drop offs there are in Chula Vista and National City or other places. Take care my friend and I wish you along with your family safe travels, good health and yes good financial times in this coming year. Later-- bajafun777 "No Hurry,No Worry, Just FUN"

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 12-9-2010 at 11:09 PM

We need many, many toys and as for food items, in the past and keeping with tradition, we always have hot tamales, frijolitos and hot chocolate served for all the children and adults attending the toy drive and of course the Rosca de Reyes, this we have made and the Rosca we either buy or get donated.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2010 at 12:22 AM

Ok fdt, about how much does the Rosca bread cost to serve everybody at the presentation of the gifts to the kids? bajafun777 "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN"

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2010 at 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
Ok fdt, about how much does the Rosca bread cost to serve everybody at the presentation of the gifts to the kids? bajafun777 "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN"

I will find out today and also post the Chula Vista drop off location info.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2010 at 12:42 PM

By the number of children we will have and the price for Roscas from last years they will run about $200 pesos per rosca, so 5 roscas shoud be suficient $1,000 pesos = 83 dollars at a rate of 12 to 1.

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 08:12 PM

fdt, will be in Chula Vista tomorrow so will drop off some gifts at the place on Broadway. I would also like to send you $40 dollars to help pay for the Roscas. Please give me a mailing address so I can mail this money to you. Take Care & Travel Safe bajafun777 "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN"

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2010 at 01:30 AM

Fernando, very nice people at the Jackson Hewitt where I dropped off the toys and left a little help for the Roscas. Will really try to make it on Jan.16th if I do not have any other family things pop-up. Again, nice place for toys to be left with the warm reception you receive. Take Care & Travel Safe bajafun777 "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN"

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2010 at 06:52 AM

Great, thank you.
Also, for those interested, our good friends at Bajabound insurance are allowing us to receive donations for Dia de Reyes at their downtown San Diego office.

Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc.
750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2010 at 08:25 PM

which one has easier parking ?????????????????? I will drop off some stuff next week and I hate parking downtown :(((((

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 12:30 AM

There is ample parking at the Chula Vista location. Thank's so much for all your help.
Fernando

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 12:33 AM

Agree... Chula Vista is easy drop off location.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 09:00 AM

We have 2 drop off locations for gifts this year, the good people from Jackson Hewitt again have agreed to allow us to receive gifts at their Chula Vista location.

Miss Nidia Puerto is our main contact person.
JACKSON HEWITT
1655 Broadway,
Suite 10
Chula Vista, CA 91911
Phone number (619) 426-6516

The second location is with our friends at BajaBound Insurance

Toy Drive c/o Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc.
750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

I hope you all can participate by donating a toy or more.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 09:51 AM
You are very welcome, my friend!

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Thank you very much Ken Cooke for producing this wonderful video about the 2009 Baja Nomad Dia de Reyes Toy Drive.

The video came out just great! Starring CG, FdT, and Doug from Baja Nomad!:bounce:

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 10:03 AM
2011 Videography (free)

I am stepping up to produce the 2011 Dia de los Reyes video. Every little bit helps...:bounce:

sd
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 10:48 AM

Ken,

So great that you will be there to film the event once again. Your work is fantastic! My daughter Sara will be joining us for her second trip, and I will make my 3rd trip. We are inviting some others that hopefully will join us.

Baja Nomad's - I will match the next $100 in donations. I have seen how much effort is made to put this together, and would encourage any participation that you are able to do.

Scot
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 10:52 AM

Scot - Thank you for the nice words! Last January, my wife had only been in the USA for about 1 1/2 months, and I didn't want to leave her at home where she knew nobody at the time. Now, with her travel documents in place, I am looking forward to bring her (to also help with the Toy effort) and my trusty Handicam.

sd
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 10:59 AM

Ken,

It will be nice to meet Leidys, looking forward to it!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sd
Ken,

It will be nice to meet Leidys, looking forward to it!

I had just showed her the video, and since portions of it are in Spanish (and because she met CG's wife Miriam), she is 100% up for the task! :bounce: This will be a great event, and I'm looking forward to our participation in it.

Leidys and I in Ensenada - July 2010

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 02:27 PM

Ken, my wife and I are also planning to go to this event also and look forward to letting the wives meet and talk. Yes, my wife speaks spanish, which is great because mine is lacking in some area,LOL>

Fernando your work is great on this event and Ken's video really adds that personal touch to it. Again, I encourage all nomads on this site to try and donate if possible. You are never so big as when you bend down to help a child in need. Take Care & Travel Safe bajafun777 "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN"

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
Ken, my wife and I are also planning to go to this event also and look forward to letting the wives meet and talk. Yes, my wife speaks spanish, which is great because mine is lacking in some area,LOL>

Fernando your work is great on this event and Ken's video really adds that personal touch to it. Again, I encourage all nomads on this site to try and donate if possible. You are never so big as when you bend down to help a child in need. Take Care & Travel Safe bajafun777 "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN"

Gary,

That sounds great! Could we possibly bum a ride from you to the event? I'll be carrying my cameras...

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.