Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: For Satellite Man
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2004 at 02:14 PM
For Satellite Man

I live sometimes way back in the hills of southern Baja. I have to drive up two arroyos and over two small ridges to get to my property. About 7 miles.
The owners of the land all around me have been there for years and are very well respected in the community. They own a huge rancho and make candy, raise cattle and pigs and grow mangos.
When they were first married and had their 1st son, the wife was driving up the second arroyo one night with her son and felt something bite her. Like a dog or coyote or something. She stopped and grabbed her son to protect it from whatever had gotten into the truck.

But, there was nothing. No bite marks, no evidence of an animal. Nothing.

So, she goes and gets her husband and they go back to the spot and looked for tracks or something and the only thing that was right there in the road where it happened were 5 small pieces of gold.
The end.
Until,
Same road, different truck, same person alone. She is driving home again in the evening and feels a hand on top of her head. So much so she stopped to see who had climbed in the back of the truck. Guess what.
After telling her husband about it, they went back to find 5 dark colored stones in the exact same spot as the "hand" touched her. Yikes

Same road, different person. The sons have now grown and one of them is going into town and sees a woman in a white dress up ahead on the road.
Except the closer he got, he realized she wasn't on the road but floating about 2 feet above it. And not really a woman but more of a haze, and then not really a haze but gone. Poof. Just like that.
True stories!:o
whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 8-11-2004 at 06:21 PM

these baja ghost stories would make a cool book.:bounce:

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. ? Albert Einstein
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 07:25 AM

I think if I was driving alone at night up an arroyo and felt someone put a hand on my head the truck would be full of s*#t and I'd be breaking the door to get out and probably crash into a rock or tree. But that's just me and the rest of you may be more calm in such a situation.
Satellite Man
Junior Nomad

Mood: :bounce:

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 01:16 PM

As Grover said (in a previous post): ?What ever you do, don?t panic?!

Thanks jrbaja for the cool ghost stories. They give me shivers!! Keep them coming.

Got to Surf!!
Visit my Baja Satellite image art at: http://www.satprints.com
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 01:46 PM
I would have the same reaction as TW

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 02:43 PM
Fortunately TW

I haven't had to find out exactly what my reaction would be. But I do carry wet wipes with me at all times when I am down there just in case.
And every time we drive that road at night, it seems a little spookier. To both Me and Flaco and hes a injun!:o:o:lol:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 06:29 PM

A couple of years ago my two brothers and I were on our annual baja adventure trip. It was right after Memorial Day. One day we drove out to Mission Santa Gertrudis. After touring the mission we started back toward El Arco. It started to get dark near Rancho Miraflores so we decided to find a camp site. There was a narrow road to the south so we drove down it about a half mile and found a spot off to the left. As we were unpacking and setting up camp we noticed there were no animals or insects of anykind. No birds, no wind and no sound of anything. It was so quiet it was spookie. It was this way all night. The next morning we got up and made breakfast, then packed up and left. When we got back to the main dirt road near Miraflores the wind picked up and we saw birds and small animals and bugs etc.

I haven't been back since, but I do think of it and would like to go back just to see if it's the same. Maybe next June.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 06:37 PM

Perhaps you found a time portal and the animals knew to stay clear... Did you check your watches to see if you went back or forward???:o:rolleyes:

Is it time to bring back discussion about EL TOMATAL (Baja's E.T.)??? http://vivabaja.com/et

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 06:40 PM
That's a good one David

and, I've heard of two other places that are supposed to be like that. Haven't been to em yet though. ( Still growing my garlic!).:lol:
Satellite Man
Junior Nomad

Mood: :bounce:

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 06:47 PM

OK, you guys stop it. You?re scaring me!!!:tumble:

[Edited on 8-13-2004 by Satellite Man]

Got to Surf!!
Visit my Baja Satellite image art at: http://www.satprints.com
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 06:54 PM
JR

Let me know when your garlic is ready, I want to go! This is just the kind of stuff I really enjoy! (in numbers of course, :biggrin:)
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2004 at 07:44 PM
There's these mines down south

that remind me of Death Valley. For those that have explored Death Valley and the mines there, you will know the feeling/energy that is in some of those old areas. Utah as well.
Seems to be a fairly common "feeling/energy" where there were a lot of "accidents" in those rough and tumble times.
Perhaps made up in ones mind or perhaps because of the "feeling/energy" but either way, it's guaranteed to raise some hairs on the back of ones neck. :lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.