Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: mt bike bicycle
chrisx
Banned

Mood: baj nomad is broken

[*] posted on 12-23-2010 at 02:02 PM
mt bike bicycle

hey gringo hit the brakes

The mountains are beautiful, biking is safe there. I traveled SW out of San Ignacio turned E towards San Pedro, Mission Guadalupe, then down to Santa Rosalia. Many roads were not on my map. I knew it would be a good trip when the guy at the last tienda put on a funny hat and said {back, you go back].

I used up all 20 of my tire patches, cut some in half to make them last. I had to push, not for hours, but for days. The up hills were beyond legal allowable grades in the US. The down hills beyond the capacity of my brakes (bb7). I made a lot of wrong turns.

The people I meet are the kindest and gentlest I remember meeting. When looking for a nice place to camp, I discovered people were camping there for thousands of years. When I needed water I found some. People in adobe houses with dirt floors offered me coffee, ( best coffee ever), I hummed a little tune for days.

Then I had to ride Mex 1 for 20 miles or so. Mexican people hit the brakes way in advance slowed way down and passed safely, moving all the way into the other lane. Then a giant rolling beer can with yank plates would try to run me off the road. Gringos can not drive!

Went from the mountain people asking if I had enough water and food, concern for my well being. -- Too yanks screeching out of the way or I will kill you.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT YOUR OWN PEOPLE THAT YOU HATE SO MUCH ?

NOTE TO CYCLISTS, Mcbeer and the rest of the anti can not drive. Most likely their license is revoked so they came to baja to beer and drive. wonder if they hang around the pharmacy and listen to rush limbaaa.

[Edited on 12-24-2010 by chrisx]

Brian L
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 12-23-2010 at 02:03 PM

:cool:

Brian
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-23-2010 at 04:04 PM

chrisx, don't hold back...tell us how you REALLY feel!!:lol::spingrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-23-2010 at 04:39 PM

Hang on....I'm going to make some popcorn :lol:

Don't believe everything you think....
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisx

The mountains are beautiful, biking is safe there. I traveled SW out of San Ignacio turned E towards San Pedro, Mission Guadalupe, then down to Santa Rosalia. Many roads were not on my map. I knew it would be a good trip when the guy at the last tienda put on a funny hat and said {back, you go back].

I used up all 20 of my tire patches, cut some in half to make them last. I had to push, not for hours, but for days. The up hills were beyond legal allowable grades in the US. The down hills beyond the capacity of my brakes (bb7). I made a lot of wrong turns.

The people I meet are the kindest and gentlest I remember meeting. When looking for a nice place to camp, I discovered people were camping there for thousands of years. When I needed water I found some. People in adobe houses with dirt floors offered me coffee, ( best coffee ever), I hummed a little tune for days.

Then I had to ride Mex 1 for 20 miles or so. Mexican people hit the brakes way in advance slowed way down and passed safely, moving all the way into the other lane. Then a giant rolling beer can with yank plates would try to run me off the road. Gringos can not drive!

Went from from the mountain people asking if I had enough water and food, concern for my well being. -- Too yanks screeching out of the way or I will kill you.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT YOUR OWN PEOPLE THAT YOU HATE SO MUCH ?

NOTE TO CYCLISTS, Mcbeer and the rest of the anti can not drive. Most likely their license is revoked so they came to baja to beer and drive. wonder if they hang around the pharmacy and listen to rush limbaaa.

Why is it that you choose to be more holy than the highway crowd and do you get some kind of moral superiority out of thinking that you are the only one in the world that is cool enough to go into the back country with a Mountain Bike in Baja and then make snide political comments about someone's political persuasion just because it is different than yours. That certainly shows some real in-depth thinking and evaluation on your part.

I rode most of that same section with a couple of friends and actually ended up in Scorpion Bay and then back and knew that when I hit the highway, that the game had changed and I had to take into account that the highway was primarily there for a whole different useage. And, to top it off, I happen to prefer listening to Rush Limbaugh and (God Forbid) Glenn Beck because I happen to see the world in a very similar political vein. But I have the maturity and decency to not get into a diatribe about how you are wrong not to see things the same way I do, but I would imagine I could find some commanality to share with you about the trip even though you are so blind sided politically.

chrisx
Banned

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 12:03 PM

HEY GRINGO HIT THE BRAKES
this is not a political statement. A sober person would know that. Did rush Limbaugh humbug ever break his drug habit? I saw him in Seattle, he had the same prescription from 3 different doctors, and ran down a 7 year old girl at the Pike Place Market. He blamed everyone else for his problem, threatened to sue police, etc.
Just another dope fiend, blaming the world for his addiction.
Hit the brakes to save lives
Drive with a clear mind to save lives
We all suffer through the alcoholism of another person. People with clear minds know to hit the brakes and pass safely, wait until traffic is clear, move into the other lane and pass safely. People with clouded minds need to be told over and over, hit the breaks. Do not try and squeeze into the same lane with a bicycle.
Note to cyclists, some of the yanks down here are so far gone they think driving is a political statement.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 12:56 PM

:wow::wow::wow:

At first I thought this was about the safety issues regarding cycling the Baja hiways....not a rant about substance abuse or right wing crackpots:?::?:

When I first went to Baja in 1988, I thought bicycle touring there would be a great idea....but I paid attention to the realities of the no-shoulder roads, various driver hazards (not nationality/ ethnically-based), and all that sand I would have to negotiate to get to the places I really wanted to see (pushing a bike kind of defeats the purpose:lol:).

While driving my truck in Baja, I have encountered cyclists and have never had to slam on the brakes, but I have had to slow down suddenly on mountainous corners and be paced by a bicycle until the road opened up (no oncoming)....and I considered that to be risky far more for the cyclist than for me.

Motorcyling Baja I have encountered cyclists riding 2 and 3 abreast as a tour group and I wanted to run them off the road due to their selfish arrogance (or was it just mindless stupidity?)....and I did rip a new one with the tour operator when I tracked him down...

Now, Chris....I am a left-leaning humanist liberal granola-loving type, so don't wag your political finger at me for my comments...bicycling is good for us ....but when my free-rider pals paste themselves into a tree or a vehicle. we usually know whose fault it is :light:

Ya take yer chances cycling Baja hiways....you know that...

Save the temperance rant for another thread....

Don't believe everything you think....
mcfez
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 12-24-2010 at 01:20 PM
would " try " to run me off the road ?

Great opener.
You were just pro stuff there.
I was intensely into your article.

That Yank statement was off the grid. Hey....dont blame us Americanos. It was the Canadians perhaps. Maybe them Germans that visit too, driving in the RV rentals. But dont blame us Americanos!

Again....us Vikings would had stuffed you a in rolling beer can going down a cliff side rather than be kill while swiveling out of the way of a bike roadhog. If I would try to run you off...I wouldnt miss!

Again..I do indeed understand a little wimp o whiners such as you. Issues with childhood bikes just drove you nutz. Go away little boy.

[Edited on 12-24-2010 by mcfez]

jr.jpg - 44kB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
chrisx
Banned

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 02:00 PM

mcbeer shows his stupidity
chrisx
Banned

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 02:14 PM

if people would keep their minds clear (mcbeer) they could drive safely.
At a third grade level even a mcbeer can understand;
if you see a bicycle
slow down, way down
when you have clear visibility and the road is clear
cross the yellow line and pass safely.
unfortunately the mcbeers of the world are so far gone conversation is impossible. Their thought process is destroyed by years of abuse. They drive anyway.
Americans are the worst drivers in Baja!
The best Christmas present I could give myself would be to get some of the mcbeers of the world to slow down and save lives
chrisx
Banned

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 02:25 PM

TO SHORTEN THE STORY
I found Baja so nice pleasant wonderful
a beer drinking pill popping yank-gringo (same thing) burst my bubble and tried to kill me. Yet again. slowing down is ?????? someone state the reason for not hitting the brakes.
Mexican people can drive safely
Yanks can not drive safely
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 02:38 PM

Think I peeed him off? :lol:

More of your life's story please. We're all very interested.

[Edited on 12-24-2010 by mcfez]

viol.jpg - 8kB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Brian L
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 12-26-2010 at 10:10 AM

If we all had to slow way down for every bike on a road, and more and more bikes are on the road, what will happen to the overall average speed of cars? Sounds like a great idea for everyone to slow down for bikes, but it just can't be sustained...

You should spend your energy fighting for more bike lanes and bike friendly amenities. Until then, please stay out of my traffic lane.

Also, you have some poetic writing, and some of it is good, but when we switch gears into raving, you lose us.

Brian
SKIDS
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2010 at 11:41 AM

WOW !! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT !!!:(
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2010 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisx
someone state the reason for not hitting the brakes.

You might spill your beer. :lol:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-26-2010 at 01:10 PM

no, Dennis. don't drink and drive. you might hit a bike rider and spill......

[Edited on 12-26-2010 by woody with a view]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2010 at 01:16 PM

Ya know......all of this crap is meaningless. "We have a right to be on the road."
Bicycle riders have no right to cause a dangerous situation. On HWY-1, most of the riders are Americans. Mexicans arn't that stupid.
There is not enough room for two large vehicles and a loaded bike to share the same space on the road and just because some here think they have rights, which is a joke unto itself, the road won't become any wider.
Insistance here that bike riders have inviolable space on a narrow road only serves to make matters worse...for them.
Go find a road that doesn't present such a hazard when you and your crappy bike are insisting on your rights.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2010 at 08:02 PM

Picture is not too clear. Looks like it was just down the road from Sharkey's. :lol::lol::lol: Anyone recognize the car?

cycle crash 4.JPG - 24kB
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2010 at 09:13 PM

I have no idea who owns the car, but if you want it, I'll take off the cover and wash off the blood. :biggrin:

That is such a heartwarming photo. It's so nice to see folks getting together.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 12-26-2010 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Bicycle riders have no right to cause a dangerous situation. On HWY-1, most of the riders are Americans. Mexicans arn't that stupid.

Not exactly the words I would have used ;D, but you express my sentiments quite well...

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.