Printable Version  
Author: Subject: from BPI website, looking for local comment? todos santos
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-29-2010 at 06:39 AM
from BPI website, looking for local comment? todos santos

From another posted note elsewhere.

"Just a quick update on the Todos Santos airport that has been closed for several years now. They are trying to get it opened up again. They being he ejido and a lawyer working for them. I know the lawyer and unfortunately he doesn't seem to get things done but I will step in and help him as I would like to have it open again. i live in Cabo most of the year but plan on moving to Pescadero (just so. of TS).
I have government contacts wiht the DGAC and others that would like for it to open again or we'll build a new one in Pescadero if need be. I have an experimantal motor glider adn other glider pilots that want to have an airstrip near the Sierra Laguna...right now there is no place for a tow launch.
Any members interested in seeing this strip open and or might want a hangar please let me know...The more interest the more likely the DGAC will reopen it this year."

any locals from there have any input?

[Edited on 12-29-2010 by capt. mike]

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2010 at 07:00 AM

I know the guy who wrote this and he's definitely trying to get an airport going in the area.
BFS
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2010 at 02:16 PM

I would love to see that airport open again, and count on me for any support from here in TS. I have a friend who flies down in a Saratoga from Brown field (sorry do not know any more than that about the plane, but I do know that 4 of us fit inside with surfboards right down the middle, and that using an airplane to explore and surf is a truly decadent way to go!! Closest I have ever been to feeling like a rock star!) every now and then.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2010 at 06:41 AM

BFS - where does the saratoga land? are you saying he's going in at TS now??

monoloco - great news, thx keep us posted i have always dreamed of the day we can land in TS again, makes the lure of prop purchase realistic.
i can get there in 4.5 hrs non stop from AZ. perfect micro climate.
to have a hangar would be the ultimate - i have several canned bldg plans which are for livable hangar condos for an AZ project which got put on hold with the tankage.....

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

BFS
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 04:07 PM

No Mike, unfortunately we cannot land in TS yet. I was referring to other strips further norte.

Bfs

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2011 at 07:29 AM

ok, thx maybe i'll see you in the baja skies.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-5-2011 at 09:40 AM

How about an L.A. Bay airport update?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2011 at 01:31 PM

another example of mexican efficiency.....officially closed according to DGAC notam. no operating permit on file.
planes come and go.

you can't get a filed flight plan to there from any towered operating airport so you have to file phantom to anyplace close with a current permit.
big joke essentially, who knows? it's mexico. go figure.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-6-2011 at 06:32 PM

Gracias Ca-pi-tan

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.