Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: JR
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2004 at 10:48 PM
JR

This should be put on a U2U, but mine isn't working--again.

Steve bought a house, and we'll be moving next week and for a time after that. When will you be here? Our phone is 128-8721, but if you call, keep in mind that when it comes to telefonos I'm a first-class wimp who doesn't answer until I hear a message being left in English. And since I'm usually either in the kitchen or on my computer--both some distance from the phone--it takes me a while to get there.

Look forward to seein ya dude.

Lera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 07:28 AM
Thanks Lera

I'm planning on leaving the 23rd or 24th and hopefully towing the truck. Which, by the way, can hold quite a few things for a move if need be.:light:

Do you guys need anything from up here?
bajasmitty
Junior Nomad

Mood: happy

rolleyes.gif posted on 8-15-2004 at 05:03 AM
towing truck

that old thing still running , should have asked for more:bounce::lol::tumble::spingrin::saint::saint::saint:
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2004 at 08:49 PM
Yes indeedy, JR!

Would you please bring a little cool weather south witcha? Around 85 degrees, say, would be nice.

This aft I was simmering jamaica and tamarindos to make iced tea--and the thermometer in the kitchen read 100 on the nose. Damn thing has to go, I have no need to know the temp when it's that friggin' high.

Lera
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 10:59 PM

I just tried again to send a U2U to JR and got the response "Recipient does not exist." Do you have another name for U2Us, or is there a trick to this that nobody's clued me in on, or have you gone and given up the ghost, or what the hell?

Lera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 11:06 PM

Lera, I just sent one to JR... seemed to go fine...? Are you clicking the u2u button on one of JR's posts? I went to the one in this thread and sent him a short note titled 'test'...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I... sent him a short note titled 'test'...
And you wonder why you run out of u2u space.... ;)

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 11:13 PM

Gee, I heard you should "USE IT OR LOSE IT!!":light::lol::?::yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 02:22 PM
DK

David, I did what you suggested and apparently got through to JR. Then I tried to U2U you in the same way in order to thank you, and it kept whipping back to my post at the beginning of this thread instead of presenting the message form.

So then I tried e-mailing you, and got the ! in the little yellow triangle and a longwinded message: "The host SMTP could not be found. Please verify that you have . . ."

My computer skills don't amount to squat--to me they're a very high-tech typewriter, except I've never owned a typewriter that in addition to having a bad attitude also wanted to do my thinking for me.

Anyway, thanks again,

Lee

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 02:45 PM
Lera

do you have a system cleanup tool like Norton ? Maybe it's time although, I am no expert on these danged blamed contraptions.
I been having a bunch of weird "occurances" happening on here and I did all the Norton cleanup, sort, file, hide, make better stuff I could find and it seems to have

:lol::lol::lol:
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 03:17 PM
Computers Hate Me Too!

Computers are easy to fix!
Go borrow the neighborhood 15 year old.
Show him the certificate,show him the computer.
Viola!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.