Printable Version  
Author: Subject: more plane thefts.....hang the S.O.B.s
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

mad.gif posted on 8-14-2004 at 07:26 AM
more plane thefts.....hang the S.O.B.s

from the BBP site today:

"Headed to the north boat ramp for another day fishing at Punta Pescadero, looked to the left to admire my 1982 blue white and gold T 210 N9949Y and it was gone prop lock, throttle lock, and all. From the best we can put together it departed between 5:30 and 5:45 am local time out over the water at low altitude with no lights. We had aarrived on the 11th from northen Calfiornia :Pvia Loreto."

3rd 210 ripped since early spring. bastards!!!!:fire::mad:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 07:30 AM

plane thieves, wow.

maybe a disconnectable fuel line would help. no gas no go. probably drug related, as dope runners seem to use them once to run thier load and abandon them.

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. ? Albert Einstein
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 07:33 AM
No way whey

Now that's some kind of adventurers!! Who does that kind of stuff? Smug drugglers?
And where do they take the plane? Secret landing strips in Mexico?
That's some amazing doodoo there !
Do they ever get caught or find the planes?
I see the makings of an incredible story here!
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 08:58 AM

don't wanna blow the ballon to oversize, but that should be reported to a) FBI or b) Homeland Security.
What if terrorists are 'collecting' small planes - still in Mexico - to perform an attack i.e. on L.A. or San Diego with 5/6/7 of those.
No Navy or Air Force aircraft can stop them on their short way from the border to S.D. or L.A.

and capt.mike you - as an American - don't want to be a part of an anoying investigation of the Feds because you failed to report this possibility of an terrorist attack.
Not cooperating can end you up in prison.
>>or do you want to emmigrate anyway??
Kind Regs and take it serious
Germanicus
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 09:17 AM
Whoever lost their planes

should try to contact Art Willis. His business is finding lost, stolen and wrecked planes and getting them out of Baja. He is listed as a member here, Good Luck. And tipping off the FBI didn't sound like a bad idea either.. k
Cyndarouh
Nomad

mad.gif posted on 8-14-2004 at 09:36 AM

I am Truly Sorry to hear this. I can't put my thoughts about people that do this in writing not a good thing to put in print. I wish you the best and do hope they find your plane. Also you can get home safe. Our thoughts are with you. :fire:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 10:05 AM
hey - it wasn't my plane, i can relax

i just reported what was posted elsewhere. Art is good but with these deals NO ONE ever finds the planes or gets them back. the are dumped and destroyed after transporting a cargo that's worth 50 times what the plane's worth! the druggies just go steal another one.

trust me, these are all reported to the FAA and linked to interpol, FBI et al ad nauseum. but they are NEVER recovered and NEVER make it back to USA.

the insurance pays the hull value and all of us (AC owners) get to pay for it in higher premiums. I have friends paying up to $100 to $200 a week on their light single and twin AC's hull coverage. That's $5 to $10K a year.

Ya gots to luv to fly to put up with that!:o:(

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 10:47 AM
Do those figures mean

they just pay for the insurance whenever they use the plane ?
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 11:56 AM

Don't planes have keys or locking doors or something like that to keep them from being stolen?
While on the subject of planes, my investment newsletter was touting a stock by a company that makes parachutes for airplanes--so far just for light planes--have saved around 60 lives, Apparently they are working on chutes for the airliners too. Anybody used them or know about them?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

cool.gif posted on 8-14-2004 at 04:41 PM
Right you are Grover.

$5 to $10 grand a year to insure your bird's hull - liability is on top of that!! no matter if it just sits in its tie down. Next time some one tells you it costs $100 to $200 an hour to operate his small 4 to 6 place single engine plane, and do ya want to share costs? Well, you'll have to appreciate the reality - boat owners running nice sport fishers have the same relative dilemma. big boyz.....big toyz....huge bills!!

whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 11:07 PM

locks can be deceiving.

just blast it with a can of easily obtainable freon for a few seconds and hit it with a hammer.

it will shatter. :(
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 8-15-2004 at 03:48 PM

Capt M: I too have wondered about fuel disconnects...Is there any realistic theft prevention through this means? On another note, I would appreciate some of your wisdom/knowledge related to private
light AC ownership. Tim

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 05:49 AM
Tim, ck your PM

PM

mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 11:12 AM
Airplane thefts

Quote:
Originally posted by whodat54321
locks can be deceiving.

just blast it with a can of easily obtainable freon for a few seconds and hit it with a hammer.

it will shatter. :(

You are so right about that! Here in Arizona the train robbers use liquid nitrogen on the container locks on all that Chiness junk they steal from the RR. Liquid nitrogen is legal and easy to purchase and those locks just disentergrate. I woun't want to use it too close to an airplane propeller though because its even colder than feon. Guess they should be cited for air pollution too!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.