Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Opinion desired on Eddies Hideaway, El Cardonal
wecangarden

question.gif posted on 1-20-2011 at 10:05 AM
Opinion desired on Eddies Hideaway, El Cardonal

My wife and I are planning to stay at Eddies Hideaway in El Cardonal for a couple of weeks. Does anyone have information on that location? This is our first trip down driving and we have a month to do it. We are travelling in a VW Eurovan camper and intend to "camp out" along the way. Our stops down are as follows: Puerto San Isidro, El Rosario, Guerro Negro (2 days), San Ignacio (2 days), Mulege (2 days, saturday pig roast, sunday super bowl), Mag...Bay (2 days) then to El Cardonal for two weeks. Any tips or special features are appreciated. c ya. gregory
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-20-2011 at 11:49 AM

Perhaps willyairstream will reply....dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2011 at 04:30 PM

You can camp anywhere in the region for free and there are also paid campgrounds. Arroyos are beautiful now. Perhaps you would enjoy being on your own instead. Have fun
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2011 at 04:48 PM

Do a search function here on "Eddies Hideaway", or "El Cardonal" and you may find more information than you even believed possible.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2011 at 05:02 PM

That's right. However, it appears that you are planning to stay at El Cardonal's Hideaway, which happens to be run by Eddie.

Geez. #1 hit on Google for Eddies Hideaway is a place in Israel!:lol:

http://www.elcardonal.net/
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2011 at 06:09 PM

wecangarden - Welcome to Nomads! Check your u2u.

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2011 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wecangarden
My wife and I are planning to stay at Eddies Hideaway in El Cardonal for a couple of weeks. Does anyone have information on that location? This is our first trip down driving and we have a month to do it. We are travelling in a VW Eurovan camper and intend to "camp out" along the way. Our stops down are as follows: Puerto San Isidro, El Rosario, Guerro Negro (2 days), San Ignacio (2 days), Mulege (2 days, saturday pig roast, sunday super bowl), Mag...Bay (2 days) then to El Cardonal for two weeks. Any tips or special features are appreciated. c ya. gregory

I think just recently Eddie was posting for a manager and a cook , did they ever get one
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

I think just recently Eddie was posting for a manager and a cook , did they ever get one

That is how WillyAirstream got hooked up with Eddie and he has sent them a U2U. Also, if you want an earful, ask Jimmy Smith's Daughter from Los Barilles.

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Quote:

That is how WillyAirstream got hooked up with Eddie and he has sent them a U2U. Also, if you want an earful, ask Jimmy Smith's Daughter from Los Barilles.

yes that what I was thinking , it does look like a nice place, but I think they may have some issues:?::?::?:

[Edited on 1-21-2011 by desertcpl]
Salsa
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 08:06 PM

Eddie is a strange character. I've never met him, but I have observed his writings on the net.
He said he was a lawyer who lives in La Paz.

Don
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 08:26 PM

If you want a secure area with amenities, try Martin Verdugos.

w

[Edited on 1-23-2011 by windgrrl]

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 09:08 PM

Quote:
...I think they may have some issues:?::?::?:

:light:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 09:18 PM

http://latrinidadrvranch.com/

Above is a nice alternative in La Ribera.
rebob

[*] posted on 1-23-2011 at 10:54 PM

We last stayed at Eddie's in late November 2010. The washrooms and showers are clean, but Eddie seems to have been dealing with some stuff. His family was not around.

Eddie was heading back to La Paz for a few day's work and just left the keys with us for us to lock up while he was gone.

It was a little different than our experience staying there previously, but there were no problems and we did enjoy the area.

Few more McMansions along the beach in El Cardonal as well...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2012 at 11:43 AM

Did you bury fast eddie in the desert? :lol:
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2012 at 12:32 PM

Very nice area but windy and some ghosts in the closet "Stuff". Read up on Cabo Pulmo south to Vinorama. North Beach campground in Los Barriles has services as well as La Trinidad Ranch in nearby La Ribera (very nice!). Reservations are not needed. And remember this is windy time of year?sailboard Heaven! Tio
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-13-2012 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JuanitaYRaul
You seem to be the "Fast" one ready to bury Eddy.
The Eddy I work with has slowed down a bit.

Sólo para su información. Eddie llegó a este foro hace uno y media años y hizo una gran escandalo amenazandó otras con demandas y les dijo que a algunos él va a meter en la carcel.

Los mayoria aqui piensan que él es una sinvergüenza y mamaverruga.

Paz, amor y tacos de pescado.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2012 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JuanitaYRaul
The Eddy I work with has slowed down a bit.

I guess that means he's still there. :no:
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2012 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mengano
Sólo para su información. Eddie llegó a este foro hace uno y media años y hizo una gran escandalo amenazandó otras con demandas y les dijo que a algunos él va a meter en la carcel.

Los mayoria aqui piensan que él es una sinvergüenza y mamaverruga.

Paz, amor y tacos de pescado.

Since you have a thing about correcting others' Spanish here, Mengano, I'm sure you'll appreciate the help where needed, right?

That should be:
Sólo para su información. Eddie llegó a este foro hace un año y medio, haciendo un gran escándalo, amenazando a algunas personas con demandas y diciéndoles que metería a algunos de ellos en la cárcel.

La mayoría aquí piensan que ("él" is understood, not needed) es un sinvergüenza y ...

A simple "thanks" will do, Mengano.

There most certainly is but one side to every story: the TRUTH. Variations of it are nothing but lies.
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-13-2012 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper
A simple "thanks" will do, Mengano.

No thanks are required. You have not corrected anything. You have rewritten it in a different tense, that's all.

I wrote: "hizo una gran escandalo" [made a big deal]
While you (really Zully, right?) wrote: "haciendo un gran escándalo" [making a big deal]

All you did is change to a gerund phrase. You corrected no error. You just rewrote it another way.

I wrote: "amenazandó otras con demandas" [threatened others with lawsuits]
While you wrote: "amenazando a algunas personas con demandas" [threatening some other people with lawsuits]

Again you did not correct it, you merely rewrote it with a gerund phrase.

I wrote: "les dijo que a algunos él va a meter en la carcel." [said to them that he will put some in jail.]
While you wrote:"diciéndoles que metería a algunos de ellos en la cárcel" [saying to them that he would put some of them in jail]

So all you did, was change "made" to "making", "threatened" to "threatening" and "said" to "saying". That was not a corrrection, it was a change in tenses. And yes, I know él is understood. But it is not incorrect to also write it.

"Eat?" and "Did you eat?" are both understood in English, and both mean the same thing, but the longer version is not incorrect.

And if your Spanish is so plucking good Stevie, why don't you make use of your talents and translate some of the Spanish language news for the folks here, instead of looking for a fight?

By the way, I am a published author and know a few things about good composition. Gerund phrases -- i.e. words ending in "ing" -- are considered weak and generally avoided. Direct and simple statements are the best, for example:

"To run and jump is good," is grammatically preferable to "Running and jumping are good." That's something you just won't learn after 20 years in the motor pool.

So your "corrections" are not even for the better. They are worse.

[Edited on 1-14-2012 by Mengano]
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.