Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: GUIDE TO BAJA TACO STANDS
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 04:56 PM
GUIDE TO BAJA TACO STANDS

It had to be done, so here's a simple start to a daunting project. I've made it possible for anyone to submit new taco stands, and I've started with many of the recommendations found here, so click over and rate some of these bad boys and lets get this list rolling. Once there are more than just a handful I'll move the site to a legit URL and make it look a little better but for now, it'll do.

http://www.tacosdebaja.com

[Edited on 1-21-2011 by Bajamatic]

[Edited on 2-1-2011 by Bajamatic]

yuletide
Brian L
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 05:29 PM

I like it, can't wait to see it populated with data.

You even have the srhimp taco stand! :lol:

Brian
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 05:43 PM

Have you any idea how many taco stands dot Baja? Seems that you have endeavored into a full time job.

That said, why do you only list Santa Rosalia and Todos Santos in BCS? Fact is that some of the best taco stands are to be found on the streets of well populated places such as La Paz and Cabo.
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 05:46 PM

I just dont have those names. the regions are set up, but until someone enters a taco stand from one of these areas, it wont show up. So.... Enter one!

yuletide
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 05:49 PM

Got it. However, man cannot live on tacos alone!;)

[Edited on 1-22-2011 by Bajahowodd]
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 05:49 PM

Also, of course I have a pretty good idea how many taco stands dot Baja. Thats why i made it based on your entries, not mine. but I'm hoping people will be more inclined to share this knowledge than say, surf spots in the sisters.....

yuletide
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 06:53 PM

I wanted to add "El Paraiso" to the San Quintin list, BUT it's no longer just a taco "stand" but a restaurant now. If it used to be a stand, but isn't any more, but still has amazing tacos, can it be added?

Sorry for the quality of the photo.

P<*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 06:55 PM

heck yes

yuletide
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 07:07 PM

Added it.

It would be great if photos could be attached for us visual learners.

P<*)))>{

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-21-2011 at 07:11 PM

Very cool... just took a quick look and added a review to China's in L.A. Bay.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 12:15 AM

This looks like a cool opportunity.

I've been looking at some of the listings and wondering....where the heck are they in the city/town?

Getting someone to post a name is great, but for others to find said establishment, there has to be a little more info....such as location. Or does this assume that when someone gets to La Paz, Ensenada or Loreto, the said taco stand will be right there on MX1 for all to see?

GoogleMps/GPS/CornerofXandY/something?

How are we to find these gems?

edit- also, when clicking on the "top 10" stands, when clicking on the stands it doesn't link to where the stand is or it's posts. Probably just a technical thing, will check back later.

[Edited on 1-22-2011 by BajaNuts]

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 12:40 AM

I added a reply to Parcela 12.
For more info on this great place, see Mia's review
http://www.bahiadelosangeles.info/san-quintin.htm

P<*)))>{

[Edited on 22-1-2011 by Paulina]

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 07:15 AM

Is there a reason that Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are not on the list?

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 08:27 AM
No taco stands in San Felipe

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajamatic
It had to be done, so here's a simple start to a daunting project. I've made it possible for anyone to submit new taco stands, and I've started with many of the recommendations found here, so click over and rate some of these bad boys and lets get this list rolling. Once there are more than just a handful I'll move the site to a legit URL and make it look a little better but for now, it'll do.

http://btsproduction.com/taco/

[Edited on 1-21-2011 by Bajamatic]

San Felipe has no taco stands. Thousands of tourist drive over to TJ every lunch hour to get their tacos. Some folks have FedEX deliver a few. I usually buy 8 dozen Fish Tacos in Mexicali on my way down to San Felipe....that supplies us for a week.

Sometimes I even drive over to DENNIS's house and get a few bicycle tacos!

Where's the San Felipe slot?

[Edited on 1-22-2011 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 08:34 AM

Great idea. A much more enduring part of the economy than the "here today...gone tomorrow" restaurants. Taco Stands weather the test of time because they have a good product that sells quickly keeping the ingrediants fresh and safe.

There's a kickass fish taco stand on the road to La Bufadora near Ramos Pools. I'll get the name today and return with all I know and handsfull of greasy fingers.
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 08:58 AM

That would be Lupita's, the best fish taco stand on the planet. Start out with one pescado, one camarón, and go from there.

Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 01:18 PM

I'm working on getting the stands to show there locations in the list view. I'm also working on a link to show them on google maps. And again - once someone submits a stand for a region not yet represented the region will become visible on the board. So make sure you include location info if you submit a new taco stand. Also I've been grabbing paulina's pics off this thread site until i can figure pout how to include pics in the submission form, so if you have pics, drop ewm here and I'll move them over.

yuletide
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 02:09 PM
Marco Antonio's

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
That would be Lupita's, the best fish taco stand on the planet. Start out with one pescado, one camarón, and go from there.

hey, don't you guys have photos of Marco Antonio's???????....that would be another great one add to the list.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajamatic
I'm working on getting the stands to show there locations in the list view. I'm also working on a link to show them on google maps.

You're going to run out of push-pins.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2011 at 06:51 PM
Okay....Here's San Felipe

On the Malecón of San Felipe. Maria serves up a crunchy fish taco with all the trimmings. Most of the shrimpers go to her green little hut for meals. She also serves up the coldest Coke Cola in San Felipe. Maria has been at this location for 34 years! Has her grand daughter helping out at times

Baja06_055.jpg - 46kB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.