Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: You haven't lived Part III
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 09:04 AM
You haven't lived Part III

You haven't lived until you have gone into unknown parts of the mountains, eaten fresh deer meat, caught wild tilapia, and eaten tamales and enchiladas made from homegrown ingredients by the local indian inhabitants.
While listening to 45 records on a hand cranked phonograph. :lol:
Pictures at http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 01:51 PM

Absolutely, JR!

And don't nobody go rainin on this-here second parade of JR's sweet cuddly positive and sort of inspirational side by bringin up any goll-dang i*e ch*sts.

Lera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 02:29 PM
Thanks Lera

but actually, I was thinkin it's kinda boring around here when I'm not stirring up some kinda Bull ya base!:lol:
I'll think of something antisomething to stir the pot with though. hahahahaahaha
I know, how about Tucker telling Debra her dates were wrong when he picked up the hitchhiker in Santa Rita, "south of El Centenario".
Strange things happen in those deserts, eh Tucker?

See ya soon.:
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 02:36 PM
Very funny JR!

:biggrin::biggrin: My dates could have very well been wrong, no calender or watch in Baja!

And sorry to "freeze out" JR's 'cuddlyness' Lera, but, I really had to know about 5 day ice!

[Edited on 8-16-2004 by Debra]
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 03:01 PM
Shure nuff o' great traveller

El Centenario is south on the road from Santa Rita.

The food you describe is similar to what we had as kids, a function of being poor. The food is better, no preservatives, sugar etc.

And we had a hand-cranked Victrola, kerosene lamps, outhouses, see-through walls and all the other things that are great when it's not you having to endure it.

[Edited on 8-16-2004 by Tucker]

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 03:03 PM
Don't know about the dates Debra

what I'm pretty sure was wrong though, is the location of Santa Rita:light:
But nevertheless, no big deal.
And yall kin "freeze out" my posts anytime, I'll be chowin on Mangos real soon!:lol:
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 03:12 PM
Better quit smoking those mango's

Are you sure

it was the 21st you picked up the hitch-hiker? On Wednesday the 21st I picked up a young man in Santa Rita (south of C. Constitucion). Seemed very spiritual, only food I had was pretzels, he crossed himself when I gave him some. He was headed to San Jose with no money. We didn't talk much, my van was limping so bad I was a little uptight. I let him off in El Centenario and gave him a hundred pesos. He placed his hands together and bowed. To bad I didn't ask his name.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.