Author: Subject: release: JMJ To Develop 1,200-Acre Baja Resort
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 11:48 PM
release: JMJ To Develop 1,200-Acre Baja Resort

http://www.globest.com/news/98_98/global/125716-1.html

By Brian K. Miller
August 19, 2004

CABO SAN LUCAS - A 1,200-acre resort will be constructed here by developer JMJ Development of Dallas and Bonito, CA-based Pueblo Bonito Hotels and Resorts. The two companies recently agreed to terms for Cabo Pacifica, which will include two championship golf courses, hotel sites, condominiums and individual home sites.

Eliud Garcia, the vice president of Latin America operations for JMJ, tells GlobeSt.com the site is five minutes from Downtown Cabo on the western tip of Baja, adjacent to Pueblo Bonito?s 55-acre Sunset Beach resort. The landowner is a principal of Pueblo Bonito Hotels, he says, and JMJ will be the fee-based master developer.

The project, estimated at several hundred million dollars, is scheduled to break ground this fall and take about 10 years to build out. However, Garcia tells GlobeSt.com that that development schedule could be cut by as much as half if a deal being negotiated with ?a major US developer? is consummated. The unnamed company would come in and develop much of the residential housing, says Garcia.

The 1,200-acre property includes between eight and 10 hotel sites, says Garcia, some of which likely will end up being condominium developments or fractional ownership properties. The sites will either be sold to a hotel developer, or developed by JMJ to suit a particular hotel operator. The development also includes a retail center currently planned at around 100,000 sf, he says.

JMJ Development, a subsidiary of JMJ Holdings, is a real estate development firm, which partners with private landowners in developing real estate projects throughout the world. JMJ currently is developing two ultra-luxury hotel properties in Mexico at Punta Mita and Playa del Carmen, and at the same time developing properties in Colorado, Texas, Brazil and Indonesia. For Pueblo Bonito Hotels and Resorts, one of the main developers of high-end time-sharing properties, Cabo Pacifico is its first venture in the resort development aspect of the tourism industry.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 08:25 AM
If they keep this up,

Lands end may just be moved up to the La Paz area. All that new weight may just cause Los Cabos to sink!:light::lol:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 07:56 AM

:lol::lol::lol:...not to worry ...us gringos are good swimmers.....
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 08:20 PM
free recipes

With each home purchased, a free recipe book "1001 delightful dishes concocted from salt water"
And seawater grass lawns to match.

Baja Arriba!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol.gif posted on 8-29-2004 at 06:47 AM
New PB Development in Cabo

OK, I may be wrong here, but the area I'm picturing based on the description at the start of this thread ("..Eliud Garcia, the vice president of Latin America operations for JMJ, tells GlobeSt.com the site is five minutes from Downtown Cabo on the western tip of Baja, adjacent to Pueblo Bonito?s 55-acre Sunset Beach resort. ..") sounds an awful lot like it's smack dab in the middle of an arroyo that floods out EVERY year!
Unless the site is farther "upstream", like right behind the new "zona de tolerencia" and the rodeo ring, I'm thinking it's right between the Sea of Cortez and the bridge that gets rebuilt every other year, where you turn north towards Todos Santos. I hope they've got a plan for dealing with all that water!
I'll check with my next-door neighbor in Todos Santos (He works at P.B. Sunset Beach) and post again if I've got info!
Cameron

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.