Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: La Fonda Rip Of supporters
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2004 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Only cost us about $83.00 dollars for 2 drinks without lunch but hey, the bill was right on the money and the truck was still there.
Viva Baja and the tranquility available here!:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 9/29/2004 by jrbaja]

$83.00!!!!!! You must have JUST missed Happy Hour!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2004 at 04:13 PM
I dunno

they all seemed pretty happy the hour we were there:light::lol:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-29-2004 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It's not just us evil Baja Nomads spreading rumors! Go to Fred's board... someone just posted that La Fonda hotel lost a week's reservation (pre paid by a returning guest)!!! Would not honor it...

The food ripoffs are infamous and the room ripoffs are legendary for years. Tht's why they have been in the mood to sell the place for ten or more years and no one has bought.

After reading all of the ripoffs and the kindly old ladies (kindly old lady voice) ""now, you be careful down there in baja"", comments...lets admit it, we accept the frauds we want to.

The frauds we like, the frauds we dont mind, the frauds that make us laugh and pour us a drink....:yes:
oh, sweet oblivion:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2004 at 08:17 PM
"Sweet Oblivion"

This is apropos of nothing on this thread, it just felt weird seeing that term again after thirty nine years. That's what Alex, from Arkansas, used to say in Panama when he took his first drink of the night. We always carried him up the stairs of the barracks for the night, when the drinking was done.
bigzaggin
Nomad

Mood: way too ites

[*] posted on 9-29-2004 at 11:56 PM
allz I'm sayin is...

if you think any measure of complaining and bill bickering will affect change on any greedy businessfolk, in Mex or elsewhere, you're tragically mistaken. The very basis of this thread is that La Fonda has been ripping people off "forever."

There's always another taco stand, llantera, bottle shop, etc. just down the road...go there instead. Finding honest people takes less time than trying to reform crooks.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-30-2004 at 10:46 AM
la fonda crooks

Quote:
Originally posted by bigzaggin
if you think any measure of complaining and bill bickering will affect change on any greedy businessfolk, in Mex or elsewhere, you're tragically mistaken. The very basis of this thread is that La Fonda has been ripping people off "forever."

There's always another taco stand, llantera, bottle shop, etc. just down the road...go there instead. Finding honest people takes less time than trying to reform crooks.

i agree.
but isnt it interesting how many baja frauds are supported by the clique?
that is exactly why one must shop around and take what is said, anywhere witha grain of salt.
i mostly lurk, not enough time to devote to any online life. but, i one could make a list of the double standards and fraud supporters...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2004 at 11:47 AM
For some reason

"not enough time to devote to any online life. but, i one could make a list of the double standards and fraud supporters... "

This piece of anonymous sounds just like the rest of them. If it weren't for blah blah blah, I could blah blah blah.
While insinuating they know a lot about Baja while having vacationed here once or twice.:lol:
bigzaggin
Nomad

Mood: way too ites

[*] posted on 9-30-2004 at 02:39 PM
Anonymous...

Jesus, you get a seriously bum rap for being "anonymous" around these parts. As if every screen name on this site the reveals the home address of its owner. Also as if being registered implies a deep knowledge of Baja. Hopefully I never stumble on team self-righteous with flat spare halfway between Canoas and Catavina.

Well, I would help them anyway but enough with the holier-than-thou 'tude.

Now, someone get me a cold ballena from the cooler!

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2004 at 03:40 PM
Anonymous for the new guys

Anonymous posters in the past have been blatant pompous ass gringos who do nothing but try and stir up trouble with quotes or babble they have heard from someone else or out of the gringo gazzoot and seldom have been able to prove they have a mind of their own.
Forgive me for generalizing but living here and listening to what generally comes out of nameless posters gets old after a while.
Know what I mean ?

This may come as a surprise to you but many on here that use their handles to post have some really valuable information.
This hasn't been true with nameless posters and with the potential for so many of them, it's just a little confusing as to which anonymous is which or what they have to say. Thus the attitude:light:
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 9-30-2004 at 06:19 PM
JR..your point is exactly on target

If anyone is interested, back at the beginning of this thread is the first answer to Anonymous, which outlines the situation perfectly.

Those of us who register are, thanks to the freedom of the Internet, disclosing as much as we are comfortable with, and perhaps enhancing or refining our wishes about how we wish to be perceived.

To me, *Anonymous* posters kind of resemble that boiling soup of guck that the Terminator 2 got dropped into at the end of the movie. The pot boils and rumbles and every once in a while, something ugly sticks its head up out of the muck to try and stir things up on the outside again.

Just IMHO :P

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2004 at 07:52 PM

I've read all the threads accusing Joe and Sara of ripping people off with amusement.

1. La Fonda is the only gringo tourist restaurant on the coast that is consistantly busy. In fact, when every other place is empty, they are full.

2. Their clientele is mainly repeat business that they have developed over thirty years.

These are facts and can only lead to two seperate conclusions:

Either the derogatory stories are false or...Most everyone who goes there is an idiot.

Help me out with this gato. Are we idiots? They say you're always the last to know.:biggrin:

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2004 at 08:47 AM

Yes we are idiots!!!!!!!

Meet you there for dinner Sunday?
:lol:
nombre descondido

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 05:03 PM
get over it!

Did someone call the whambulance? Jesus h. christ.

If you don't like it, don't go back.

And get two ballenas while you're up.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 05:10 PM

Idiots everywhere.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 05:33 PM

Had dinner there last night! Nice sunset,soothing guitar, good c-cktails,great meal,fabulous company. The bill was right on and the car was there when we walked out.:lol:

See you there soon? :P
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-5-2004 at 07:07 PM

You know that Aztec pyramid (smaller than original naturally) on the west side of the toll road, south of Rosarito and Cantamar? Well that is where the Pyramid Resort is (Plaza del Mar), and the next exit after passing that pyramid is signed (one or more of these): Plaza del Mar, Alistos, La Mision... take that exit!!! and when you hit the old (free) road, you are almost across the street from La Fonda, just south of Hotel La Mision and Alistos K-58 beach.:wow:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2004 at 04:03 PM
Be afraid. Be very afraid. Or not.

The only time I've ever had to sleep with one eye open at La Fonda was when the knucklehead my sister was dating started tossing firecrackers down our fireplace chimney one night. Nothing like an exploding fire to get the ol' adrenalin pumping. He got what was coming to him a short time later, when my sister threw up all over him in their bed. Heh. Tequila is the perfect instrument of revenge.
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 11-10-2004 at 04:54 PM
Good one "Hose A"...you snagged one!

:lol:
paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2004 at 08:20 PM

la fonda is the classic mexican road house, and sara and joe will be missed even by nut-jobs that allow themselves to get screwed.... all nomads should stop by and wish sara and joe well!!!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.