Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 03:53 PM

Simmer down now.....:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian L So, you guys can't take 5 minutes and give the Reader's Digest version?
I thought I did that already?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 04:28 PM

Seriously, there will be lots to read and see. everyone will post a trip report i believe. i am on my cell phone away from home now but before i left i did get started on part 1 of the trip report. i took almost 300 photos and vern took around 400 plus several video clips. this was a great trip because of the location and people. el volcan is an awesome region of an awesome peninsula.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 05:54 PM

Well, I'm back in San Felipe. Got home about a hour ago, so I might post some of the secrets tomorrow.

Great trip and really great people -

Oh and I didn't have to abandon anything along the road----

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 06:01 PM

This show is worst than "LOST" :)

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I don't remember seeing any Jeep in my lane almost missing a head-on... sorry. BajaCat was behind me, and also never saw Ken's Jeep... No group of motorcycle riders, either... sorry!

We had a nice drive south talking and listening to satellite radio... At Arroyo El Volcan, we were wondering if Ken and the others would show up... but it didn't surprise anyone when he didn't... We figured Mision Santa Maria would have been enough... (I wonder if he even made it in there?).

So, of the three of us southbound, nobody saw Ken northbound. I don't doubt he saw us, as we would have been near Colonet about that time... I think we arrived in El Rosario around 2:30 Friday.
David I did saw the jeeps , but never it cross mi mind that it was Ken, I thought he was in EL Volcan wating for us. I will add to any trip report that you guys make I will not make on of my own,,lots of pictures...and great stories...thanks all that took the time to make this happen it was a blast..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 09:33 PM

Part 1 of my Trip Report posted (with photos): http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=52696

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 11:45 PM

Glad you made it home OK lou.

A great trip with great people to the land of the lost. Three wonderful filled nights in a wind blown arroyo where the truth and fiction sometimes get blurred over the toasting of fine wine. I'm leaving for the NORRA race Wednesday morning so I'll do a report when I return. I can add the corral photos and the area across from it. All I can say for now is if you were not there you missed a wonderful event.
elbeau
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 08:36 AM

It is with regret that I inform everyone that the Internet has run out if space so there is no possible way to post even a brief description of the sites. :(
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 11:01 AM

The race car I was going to chased in the NORRA race is out with engine problems so I'm going to stay home and rest from the mission hunt and work on the trip report.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 11:06 AM

Too bad Tom, but after last weekend, we can use some rest.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

Mood: Hot & humid --- not hot & dry.

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 11:51 AM

Memory stack overflow --- the Internet is full.

Quote:
Originally posted by elbeau
It is with regret that I inform everyone that the Internet has run out if space so there is no possible way to post even a brief description of the sites. :(
elbeau
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bryanmckenzie
Memory stack overflow --- the Internet is full.

Quote:
:lol::lol::biggrin::biggrin::spingrin:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-6-2011 at 05:08 AM

Quote:
Santa Isabel Found - not joking - nomad wanted

All joking aside, I believe I have found the site of what people call the lost mission of Santa Isabel using Google Earth...please pause here to laugh :)...

Now that you're done laughing, please look closely at the images in this post. One is a rough drawing I made of what I think I see there. The other is a screenshot from Google Earth converted to grayscale. The site matches the location and description from at least three of the most popular legend stories, and it is built on a MUCH LARGER complex of ancient sites that will rewrite what is known of pre-columbian Baja civilization.

I've tried contacting nine different professors from various parts of academia. Only one of them gave me the time of day and he loves what he sees, but like myself, he wants someone to go onsite to confirm it.

I'd love to go onsite, but I'm the father of four daughters (one with special needs) and I'm a 26 hour drive from the site and I really can't get away for a trip like that.

So...I'm looking for a nomad with an adventurous spirit who is willing to drive to a remote spot in Baja California and then hike for about 3 miles to the site. There will be MANY other ruins along the way. Before you go I will provide Google Earth KML files so that you can look at the area yourself and make sure I'm not just a nutjob.

All joking aside, if this does pan out and I really am seeing what I think I'm seeing, this site is vulnerable to looting and needs to be protected as much as possible. Mexican government involvement is a must as soon as we have confirmation of the site.

So, if you're interested in writing yourself into this story, please let me know. I won't listen to anybody who isn't a long-time active member of this site because to open this up to anybody would only increase the chances that someone with the wrong intentions would get to go there. I will also want a promise that you will not disturb ANYTHING at the site.

Any takers?

If not, I'll start posting more and more and more pictures of architecture and ancient public works projects until someone bites.

I know it's hard to understand the scale of what you are looking at in these pics and I know how well our eyes can get tricked by Google Earth, but trust me, these images hold up under scrutiny.

hey, did anyone ever find the lost city of elbow? :lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2011 at 07:38 AM

Funny - I think that should be the new name for Site B - Rancho Elbow. I'm going to go eventually and look for everything that was missed by those yokels; and I'll put up a sign.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2011 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
Funny - I think that should be the new name for Site B - Rancho Elbow. I'm going to go eventually and look for everything that was missed by those yokels; and I'll put up a sign.

It really was a great hike as that canyon is wild with geology! I just posted the photos of the site... Part 2 of my trip report: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=52735

[Edited on 5-6-2011 by David K]

Pages:  1  ..  21    23

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.