Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: wanted-Playa Del Carmen lodging for xmas
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2011 at 12:56 PM
wanted-Playa Del Carmen lodging for xmas

I am tour guiding the relatives for a week @ Playa del Carmen or nearby vicinity. There will be as many as 14 people with half of them between 20 and 30. They want bars and nightlife. I would like to be close to good restaurants and maybe some adventurous nature trips. I've never been to an all-inclusive...maybe that would work?? A large house might work but... prefer rooms for some privacy. Always looking at the budget too.
I've never been to that part of Mexico.
Any hot tips?
Thanks
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2011 at 01:23 PM

You mean next Christmas?
Jeeeezo...how old are you to be planning that far ahead? Must be just a pup. :biggrin:
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2011 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
You mean next Christmas?
Jeeeezo...how old are you to be planning that far ahead? Must be just a pup. :biggrin:

WOOF! A little weird... you're right Dennis. Some fool told me I had to book xmas early and I believed him. 53 in dog years
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2011 at 02:23 PM

definitely book early for Christmas-been there many times and I would suggest staying in town, either on 5th or the ocean. You can experience the wonderful restaurants and the whole street scene. We would never stay at an all inclusive in Playa! If you haven't already, check out Playa.info and read the forum :light: It will tell you all you need to know and more.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2011 at 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by krafty
definitely book early for Christmas-been there many times and I would suggest staying in town, either on 5th or the ocean. You can experience the wonderful restaurants and the whole street scene. We would never stay at an all inclusive in Playa! If you haven't already, check out Playa.info and read the forum :light: It will tell you all you need to know and more.

I totally agree.

Rooms can be very pricey in the area, especially at the holidays.

We just love this place and have stayed there three times. Small, unique, and right in town.

http://www.lunabluehotel.com/index.html
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2011 at 06:00 PM

We stay on one trip at the Labnah-we had a large gang and rented the palapa room and several more rooms-the palapa room has a great terrace that was perfect for happy hour, and the rooms come with a delicious breakfast
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2011 at 08:54 AM

Thanks Krafty, Howodd and Patch for the replies. That Playa.info website is great. Looks like a partying place

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.