BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  10
Author: Subject: HEY NOMADS…WHERE’S YOUR HOME ?
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 12:10 AM
HEY NOMADS…WHERE’S YOUR HOME ?

Starting another new topic here.

Over the years of reading Baja Nomad, I’ve read about where some of you are from and what your home location and living situation is. Some have posted beautiful pictures of snow-bound cabins in the woods and riverfront homes, some live in California and some VERY FAR from Baja. It’s been fun to read about them and see the pics.

BUT…having read or known where some live, I’ve often wondered where the homes of many other fellow Nomads are located AND whether you might even be my neighbor here in the U.S. and I we don’t even know it!

WHAT I’M WONDERING about is…your regular, permanent home. The place you hang your hat when you’re NOT in Baja...the place where you raise your kids and maybe a dog or cat (or even a cow, pig or whatever!), the place where you pack TO GO to Baja!

SO, IF YOU WANT TO…share a little or a lot of information with us. Share whatever you want, But not too much if it makes you uncomfortable! If you want to share some extra detail, that would be okay too. LIKE maybe…do you live in a log cabin in the woods OR….??? …What city or town do you live in? …What state or province is it in? And…is your home located in the U.S. or maybe Canada?

AND… if you want o add a picture or two or even three of your cabin or house, THAT WOULD BE OKAY TOO! And…if it’s got you and the kids sitting on the porch swing…that would be even better!!

AND REMEMBER…just because you post here, it doesn’t mean we’ll be bothering you or dropping by to see you (unless we’re invited!)

CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Take Care, Michael / Amo Pescar / Miguelamo :?: :saint: :?: :yes:
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 12:16 AM

Here's MY info...

I live in Vista, California, in North San Diego County. I’m about 50 miles from the border at San Ysidro. Been here 16 months. I’m single these days and live in a roommate situation, renting from a buddy of mine in his condo.
I previously lived in Carlsbad for 10 years. I know a couple of other Nomads lived there too…El Jefe (Tom) and Baja Dogs (Mark).

David K and his wife Baja Angel live in Oceanside is just a few miles from me.

Miguelamo :yes: :) :cool: ;)
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 06:46 AM

OK -First everyone posts a photograph of themselves right?
Now- everybody Posts just where they live in Mexico, is that the way this goes?
So now anyone who wants to see where I live in Mexico and my photograph is just going to look at this post and come on over right?
Sorry-
Fish aint bitting.....

Word to the wise dont post Photographs of yourselves on the internet or any personal information.

Trust me I know what I am talking about.

Sincerely
Corn Dog

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
Brian L
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 08:46 AM

Corn, you just busted AmoPescar's evil scheme to shed you of everything you own! The next post will ask exactly when everyone plans to be gone from either home, so he can then steal everything you got.

NOT.

Lighten up Francis.

I live in Alpine, CA. 20 miles north of Mexico, 25 miles east of downtown San Diego.

Brian
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian L
Corn, you just busted AmoPescar's evil scheme to shed you of everything you own! The next post will ask exactly when everyone plans to be gone from either home, so he can then steal everything you got.

NOT.

Lighten up Francis.

I live in Alpine, CA. 20 miles north of Mexico, 25 miles east of downtown San Diego.

With all due respect I do know what I'm talking about.

Brian L
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 09:08 AM

I'm sure you do, but you should try and live by the motto written in your signature line.

Brian
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 09:11 AM

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after ya.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after ya.
:lol::lol::lol:
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 11:40 AM

Weaverville, CA is home, I also spend time at the cabin in Junction City, CA, Trinity County is home for me. JH
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 11:44 AM

Mexicorn- you may be right but I live in Wheat Ridge Co which is about 4 miles West of Denver. My picture and complete address is on several different internet sites. Recently I was visiting a friend in Washington and he mentioned his son who is a rodeo clown was in Denver for a rodeo. My house is for sale and I have a lock box with the key on the front door. I gave the lock box combination to the son (who I have never met) and told him to make himself at home. He stayed at the house 4 or 5 nights- When we returned to Wheat Ridge ( a couple of months later) we found the house spotless and a note thanking us etc. Someday my hospitality will probably come back to bite me but so far I have found that in general people are honest. Seems to be that "karma" thing. Ron
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 11:51 AM

Whoops- forgot the pics

ron and dogs baja reduced.jpg - 33kB
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 12:40 PM

WOW MEXICORN...ARE YOU A LITTLE PARANOID???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better be careful Brian...I'm going to come to Alpine and I'll be showing your picture around and checking EVERY home in town to see if you've gone to Baja!!

And hey Bajamedic...you'd better put some extra deadbolts on your doors and install some electronic surveillance because I'm on my way to Weaverville and Junction City to rob you blind!!!

And that goes for you too Absinvestor...my gang buddies from the Denver Hood should be knocking door to door right now looking for your house and just waiting for you to leave. Sure hope you don't niss your Big Screen TV to much!!!

Michael C :lol: :tumble: :lol: :tumble:

Oh crap...now you know the first letter of my last name and you know that I live SOMEWHERE in Vista...I guess I can kiss my extremely valuable coin collection goodbye!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 12:43 PM

OH YEAH....and You'd better watch out for BAD Santa. I'll be coming to ALL your homes on Christmas to rob, steal and pillage!!

Miguelamo :yes: :yes: :yes:
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 12:54 PM
Mexicorn Makes a Good Point

Kidnappers and thieves troll the internet--Facebook especially, to mine information and find targets of interest.

Nomad postings are not immune to this activity, either.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 04:33 PM
The Natomas Farm

Here we are in the North Sacramento County....an area named Natomas.

We are currently building this organic farm (5 year project), and we do live here. A little house on the hill top overlooking the fields. Almost story book.

Sugar and Big Girl is out there inn the field.....Big Girl being formally a race horse. Boysenberry Mother crop in the rear. We be selling to a distillery in the Bay Area.

All this, and the big city is just 6 miles from us.

Any Santa Claus seen coming up our driveway will be dealt with in the strictest manner.

farm.jpg - 45kB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 04:58 PM

Ok Jump on the Mexicorn Paranoid band wagon!
So I see you are just a lovable old man with the best of intentions and welcome to the Baja Nomads!
However, I still believe it is not in your best interest to post personal information.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid. (John Wayne)

AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 05:33 PM

Hey there Mexicorn,

GEE...thanks for welcoming me to the Nomad board...but you know...it should be ME welcoming YOU to the board!!

Even though I didn't sign up until 2006, I've known Doug (he's Nomad #1) since 2000 and when not traveling, had been reading the Nomad board since it's early days.

Michael :yes: :spingrin: :saint:
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 07:30 PM

San Diego,Ca (Mira Mesa area)

Derek
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 07:53 PM

We live in the Mission Bay area of San Diego and have owned this home for 18 years plus grew up in the same neighborhood since birth.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
Hey there Mexicorn,

GEE...thanks for welcoming me to the Nomad board...but you know...it should be ME welcoming YOU to the board!!

Even though I didn't sign up until 2006, I've known Doug (he's Nomad #1) since 2000 and when not traveling, had been reading the Nomad board since it's early days.

Michael :yes: :spingrin: :saint:

Excuse me Don Miguel

Pages:  1    3  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.