BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: September Rains
Peter

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 12:19 PM
September Rains

I am planning to drive to La Paz in early September, however I hear that rains at this time of year can make the trip difficult.

Would like to hear of your experiences and suggestions for alternative drive times.

Peter
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 10:41 PM

Please remember that hurricane season is coming. Last year the cape region got hit with Hurricane Ignacio in the last week of August and three weeks later got REALLY hit by Hurricane Marty.

I managed to miss both of them on my trip to the end of the road in September and other than a few "wet crossings" had no problems after Ignacio. Marty hit the day after I left La Paz.

There is no crystal ball to tell you when it will be safe at this time of year, but if you watch the weather predictions, you'll have a couple of day's notice.

Have a save trip and tell us about it when you return.
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 07:02 AM

hurricane season is now so allways be prepared and keep an eye on the weather. we just made it through catavina last year when the road was shut down due to high water, was a very wet trip.:coolup:
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4baja
hurricane season is now so allways be prepared and keep an eye on the weather. we just made it through catavina last year when the road was shut down due to high water, was a very wet trip.:coolup:

What time of year?
I am planning on passing through Catavina in the middle to end of Sept.
Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 06:12 PM

You'll be in the middle of the season. Some of these storms look like they might miss and then WHAMO!! your stuck between some arroyos. Waiting for the water to go down. I allways wait for a bus or semi to pass thru running water to see how deep and fast it's going. On the other hand, rain in baja is super neat. Warm and the flowers start to come out. Just go slow and have fun .

All that wonder are not lost
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 08:59 PM

Be careful, very careful, but go as this time of year can also be a good time....for other reasons. Never cross water that you are not perfectly clear of...never....

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2004 at 06:56 AM

taco de baja, i too will be in that area on oct. 1st, i'll have my boat in tow behind my toyota. look me up at gecko if your in the area.:coolup:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.