Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Review Hotel Hacienda, Punta Chivato
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 12:21 PM
Review Hotel Hacienda, Punta Chivato

We stayed a couple of nights in Punta Chivato, one night at El Hotelito and one at the Hotel Hacienda. For hotel accommodations, until these two properties opened, you had one choice, Posada de las Flores. That location is the property that once was the Punta Chivato Hotel.
The hotel is managed by the Lujan family with Bob Lujan being the contact person. The buildings were originally a home built for a “dot.com” millionaire, and no expense was spared believe me. We were told the 12” by 12” timbers used were salvaged from old trestle bridges in California. Artwork is found throughout the grounds and every room has fresco paintings on the walls. Rooms are all air-conditioned and heated with fireplaces as well. The attention to detail is amazing.
We stayed in one of the garden view rooms which is normally $120 night, but currently is $80 including an excellent breakfast. There was only one other guest while we were there, so we had free run of the entire property. The kitchen/dining building is available to use and has books and an entertainment center as well. The office has wi-fi which worked fine during our stay. There is access to a rocky shore, and the camping beach is within a short walking distance. Lunch and dinner is available over at Los Chibatos adjacent to the El Hotelito.
I have to say we were a bit taken with this place, in part because we have such fond memories of staying at the Punta Chivato Hotel back in the 80’s, but also because of the style of the place. The view is straight into the mouth of Bahia de Concepcion.
Anyone that has a chance to get out there to experience this property will, I’m sure, be glad they did!

Ken

our room

master suite

[Edited on 3-19-2011 by tripledigitken]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 12:39 PM

Ken, how about another push pin indicatior for this hotel on Google Earth?

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Ken, how about another push pin indicatior for this hotel on Google Earth?

Here you go Hook.

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 01:24 PM

Just booked 2 days in June. Thanks for your review Ken. Awesome job on the pictures and write up.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 02:47 PM

Thanks for the photos, Ken. The place looks absolutely awesome.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 02:55 PM

very nice Ken.
i walked this entire hacienda a few years ago when we stayed at Alvarado's hotel before Marceletto changed it. a very interesting compound for sure.
i look forward to a visit and stay this fall sometime.
as usual your photography is stunning.

when do you start for Az Highways??:tumble:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 08:47 AM

Thanks for the comments. You will enjoy your stay there I am sure!

Ken
R2LUJAN
Junior Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 3-18-2011 at 06:25 PM
Hacienda

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
We stayed a couple of nights in Punta Chivato, one night at El Hotelito and one at the Hotel Hacienda. For hotel accommodations, until these two properties opened, you had one choice, Posada de las Flores. That location is the property that once was the Punta Chivato Hotel.
The hotel is managed by the Lujan family with Bob Lujan being the contact person. The buildings were originally a home built for a “dot.com” millionaire, and no expense was spared believe me. We were told the 12” by 12” timbers used were salvaged from old trestle bridges in California. Artwork is found throughout the grounds and every room has fresco paintings on the walls. Rooms are all air-conditioned and heated with fireplaces as well. The attention to detail is amazing.
We stayed in one of the garden view rooms which is normally $120 night, but currently is $80 including an excellent breakfast. There was only one other guest while we were there, so we had free run of the entire property. The kitchen/dining building is available to use and has books and an entertainment center as well. The office has wi-fi which worked fine during our stay. There is access to a rocky shore, and the camping beach is within a short walking distance. Lunch and dinner is available over at Los Chibatos adjacent to the El Hotelito.
I have to say we were a bit taken with this place, in part because we have such fond memories of staying at the Punta Chivato Hotel back in the 80’s, but also because of the style of the place. The view is straight into the mouth of Bahia de Concepcion.
Anyone that has a chance to get out there to experience this property will, I’m sure, be glad they did!

Ken

our room

master suite

Hola Ken,

Great Photos it was a pleasure meeting you guys, look foward to seeing you here again.... take care.;D
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 06:55 PM

FYI I've sent emails and PM's to make a reservation but no answer at all.........

Derek
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 07:20 PM

Hey Frank, we will be there June 21st and 22nd, and then on the way home, I think on the 29th. Granite Hills high school doesnt get out until 17th.

Derek, I called the number and Ken answered right away.

Manager Ken from us 011 521 615 104 5722.
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
Hey Frank, we will be there June 21st and 22nd, and then on the way home, I think on the 29th. Granite Hills high school doesnt get out until 17th.

Derek, I called the number and Ken answered right away.

Manager Ken from us 011 521 615 104 5722.

Thanks alot Frank.......Looks like maybe they are a little slow on the emails!!!!! Can't wait

Derek
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2011 at 03:23 PM

bump

For those interested, I added a few more photos to the original post.

Ken
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2012 at 08:15 AM

BUMP

for those that didn't see this last year

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.