Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: settled and finished
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lookingandbuying
So what are the rules for a Gringo to be able to work in Mexico? Also, are there specific rules that need to be followed if you are hiring someone to do work around your personal house. I think I have heard if you hire someone to clean your house on a routine basis you become obligated for a bunch of stuff. Anyone have a short version of the do's and don't's for both os these types of issues??

Thanks! :?::?::?:

http://www.mexicanlaws.com/STPS/laborlawindex.htm

if you have any other questions can you start a new thread please...Thanks

[Edited on 3-23-2011 by fishabductor]
lookingandbuying
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 05:20 PM
That did it

Thanks Fish, perfect reference...did not mean to Hijack your thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by fishabductor
Quote:
Originally posted by lookingandbuying
So what are the rules for a Gringo to be able to work in Mexico? Also, are there specific rules that need to be followed if you are hiring someone to do work around your personal house. I think I have heard if you hire someone to clean your house on a routine basis you become obligated for a bunch of stuff. Anyone have a short version of the do's and don't's for both os these types of issues??

Thanks! :?::?::?:

http://www.mexicanlaws.com/STPS/laborlawindex.htm

if you have any other questions can you start a new thread please...Thanks

[Edited on 3-23-2011 by fishabductor]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 06:11 PM

This whole issue will die a natural and timely death....unless, of course, it's kept on life support.
slimshady
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 06:32 PM

Fulano states his name is Paul Clark who developed Castillo de Arena. Baja sure attracts some slimy folks. We will put him in the same list as Ray Novelli another crooked Canadian.

Nothing better than a good ass kicking for them.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slimshady
We will put him in the same list as Ray Novelli another crooked Canadian.

Let's not forget Fast Eddy. That guy is a puke delux.
Jim/Liisa
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim/Liisa
I know of an american that was turned in for building kitchen cabinets. the owner of the house had offered the campo owner 15% of the cost and the campo owner ageed. The american was reported the excuse used by the campo owner was that He wanted to hire his own cabinet maker, wich I'm sure woul have been him.

Wasn't the Americans home... The land and everything on it belonged to the campo.

Guess your right. Some Campos are like that most though have a clause in the contract about a 10 to 15% allowing someone else to do the work, wich this campo owner originaly accepted. Kind of cold to Me.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 07:51 PM

cat is out of the bag, right? what does this puke say when you confronted him?

Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 08:25 PM

My name is Paul Clark, the developer of Castillo de Arena. Matt is fairly accurate in his description of events. We have a safe secure community and have no issues with our neighbours unless they break the law. In this case Matt Fitch and his employer, Rob Loughan restricted access to the beach. When they did so the first time I wrote them a letter and sent a copy of the legislation prohibiting anyone from blocking an arroyo. At that time they were told that I would report them to the authorities if they continued or blocked the arroyo in the future. They agreed and assured me in writing that they would not fence or block the arroyo and asked that we work together protecting the beach.

They chose to ignore my warning and fenced the arroyo, so I reported them to the authorities.

Now for the people who want to send a hit man or tar and feather me etc., here I am. I have made a commitment to this country and I am proud to be a Mexican citizen.

I am protecting a community from illegal actions and restrictions and I am very happy to put my face to it, all my posts and all my actions.

Regards
Paul Clark
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 09:00 PM

:rolleyes:.......hmmm....I think I will stay out of this mess:yawn:.
slimshady
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 09:03 PM

Paul, are sure they are behind the closing off of the arroyo? Perhaps the squatters did it. Regardless closing off the arroyos is wrong.
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulclark
My name is Paul Clark, the developer of Castillo de Arena. Matt is fairly accurate in his description of events. We have a safe secure community and have no issues with our neighbours unless they break the law. In this case Matt Fitch and his employer, Rob Loughan restricted access to the beach. When they did so the first time I wrote them a letter and sent a copy of the legislation prohibiting anyone from blocking an arroyo. At that time they were told that I would report them to the authorities if they continued or blocked the arroyo in the future. They agreed and assured me in writing that they would not fence or block the arroyo and asked that we work together protecting the beach.

They chose to ignore my warning and fenced the arroyo, so I reported them to the authorities.

Now for the people who want to send a hit man or tar and feather me etc., here I am. I have made a commitment to this country and I am proud to be a Mexican citizen.

I am protecting a community from illegal actions and restrictions and I am very happy to put my face to it, all my posts and all my actions.

Regards
Paul Clark

Paul,

For the record, I am sorry your name got out as that was not my intent. If it was I would have just put it in the original post. I meant to do no harm to you and stated early on that I would not let your name out. I do not know how fulano got involved or how he made the connection and I am peeed about it. I should have just let this slide, and not tried to do whatever I was I thought I could accomplish by posting on here. I guess I was concerned that this would never stop, and was trying to put a stop to it.

Like I originally said, I had absolutely no part of fencing the arroyo, and I signed a statement to immigration stating that. I pulled out at the rocks immediately at your request when you sent me the law, as I had no interest in making enemies with you or anyone else. The legal rep for the corporation signed a statement saying that he was responsible for hiring the fencers and that they in fact made a mistake and removed their mistake as soon as Ceasar showed up and told them to pull it down.

Now that this has became what it has, we are sick to our stomachs. We don't want any trouble and if there is to be any trouble we would rather leave baja at this time and return north as we are really on our way out anyways, so we can provide Wyatt with an education and I can repersue my career as a Project Manager. All that is important to me is raising my son and providing for both him and Chelo. As well as fishing of course.

Like I previously said, I am terribily sorry that your name and company came out, if possible I would like to sit down with you and discuss this calmly in person and put this behind us, as we have other things in the past.

I am extending an olive branch and hopefully you will accept it. You have know me for 10 yrs and I am nothing if I am not honest and sincere, and hopefully we can go on about our ways. I want to bury the hachet all the hachets.

Please accept my apology. I forgive you for turning me in after this fiasco. This blew up into a huge mess, something that I in no way wanted. Now that I look back at it, i have no idea what I was trying to accomplish, I just know the outcome was not it. If I could find a way to remove the fulano files I would. Hopefully Doug will delete or lock out this post. Doug if you are reading this, if possible will you do this? I can delete the original posts and all my posts, but not everything.

The squatters had nothing to do with the fence in the arroyo, it was done as an accident by the fencers.

Once again I am terribly sorry at the results of my posting.

Sincerely,
Matt Fitch
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 3-22-2011 at 09:58 PM

Quote:

Regards
Paul Clark

Wait a minute. They put up an illegal fence, so you filed a false report with immigration? The only authorities you should have reported them to is the ones who keep the beach access open. How does filing a false report with immigration resolve you legal issue? That was a retaliation, not a legal resolution. And if you are happy to put your face to it, why did you have his brother-in-law sign the letter, and not sign it yourself? And which community are you protecting if the fence was put up to stop robberies?

You have a lot of explaining to do, Seņor quien era una gabacho, pero ahora is puro mexicano en su metodo y mente.
Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 06:31 AM

Well said Matt --Thank you, Paul
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 06:37 AM
Big men here

Matt.....very good letter to Paul. It's very clear, and humble.

Paul....you are a businessman, I am too. Mistakes are made everyday....we deal with them in a positive way and move on. You must be a good guy...otherwise you would not be too successfully down there.

Lets have 2 big men here.

And Matt.....you love it down there. Stay and work things out.

Good luck to you both.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 06:43 AM

Quote:

Regards
Paul Clark

fence issue sounds like it was resolved by reasonable parties.

the only thing you don't explain is the alleged false report to immigration. what about that?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette

gabacho

I really dislike that word.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 06:56 AM

I too would like to know why a false report was filed. It sounds as though someone went outside of the law to harm someone else and now needs to explain why they did that. If a false report was filed here in the USA that person would be in a lot of trouble. I hope Mexico has the same on their books for those who file false complaints.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette

gabacho

I really dislike that word.

how about gaspacho?
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 07:40 AM
QUE LINDO LAS MENTIRAS

[Edited on 3-23-2011 by ELINVESTIG8R]

Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 07:56 AM

Now the hate mail starts --- and I post this to share and educate and not to bring our dispute back into play, which is settled.

Received this morning by email:

THE GULL <bajad***y@hotmail.com>
It's in the works. I make it my business to have crooked CANUK developers run out of mexico.

regards
TheGull

[Edited on 5-25-2011 by BajaNomad]
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.