Our dispute is settled:bounce:...

I am done with this thread.

Peace!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulclark
Now the hate mail starts --- and I post this to share and educate and not to bring our dispute back into play, which is settled.

Received this morning by email:

THE GULL <bajad***y@hotmail.com>
It's in the works. I make it my business to have crooked CANUK developers run out of mexico.

regards
TheGull

You're way down on the list of those who have received nonsense from a fictitous Gull. It was happening all over the place during the Fast Eddy thread. Just ignore it.

[Edited on 3-23-2011 by DENNIS]

[Edited on 5-25-2011 by BajaNomad]
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Now the hate mail starts --- and I post this to share and educate and not to bring our dispute back into play, which is settled.

It's in the works. I make it my business to have crooked CANUK developers run out of mexico.

regards
TheGull

You're way down on the list of those who have received nonsense from a fictitous Gull. It was happening all over the place during the Fast Eddy thread. Just ignore it.

If you really want to know where this garbage came from, check out this site: http://aruljohn.com/info/howtofindipaddress/
This phony "Gull" is well known to many of us.

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:

regards
TheGull

I'll confirm this too, Paul.......(above). The GULL emails are bogus. I get one a month from the wonderful fruitcake....whoever it may be.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 10:28 AM

Jenny.navarrette poses a legitmate question that has not been answered.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 12:39 PM

this thread serves as a learning tool...a warning to people who do more here than just be a tourist. The lines of what is legal/acceptable are blurred and countless gringos have been turned in by other gringos or mexicanos...usually ones who feel slighted, are jealous, losing business themselves or simply have an axe to grind....so it is very important to have all your ducks in a row.

To answer the original question, I have been turned in to immigration also on bogus charges and I found out that if the rat is well positioned politically, forget about fighting it...you wont win...so just pay the fine whatever and get on with it. They dont have to even prove it...Yeah it sucks big time but thats life here. It is one of life in baja's miserable things.

When someone wants you out they will go to great lengths to accomplish their goal and try different strategies...pretty scary stuff and it can be really daunting....so be careful out there.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Eugenio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 12:56 PM

Very well said shari.

And this was over a fence - which had already been taken care of in a timely manner.

I have a couple other points - but I'd like to give Sr. Clark the opportunity to respond. I wouldn't want to be suggesting that someone else is overreacting to a situation or jumping the gun, while committing the same offense myself.

Sr. Clark. With all respect - here's your opportunity. What involvement did/didn't you have with the mexican migra?
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 01:06 PM

As the Palapa turns...Drama...Drama...Drama
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
[ Señor quien era una gabacho, pero ahora is puro mexicano en su metodo y mente.

Wonder why you felt the need to say this in your bad Spanish?

I also wonder if you'd be willing to ID yourself so I can send over a few of my Mexican buddies (I won't bother with any legal crap) so you can explain what you mean by it to them.

And then you can write a letter of complaint about being "turned in" by a fellow Nomad.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 01:08 PM

Quote:

I really dislike that word.

Now there, Dennis, is something we have in common.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
gringos have been turned in by other gringos or mexicanos...usually ones who feel slighted, are jealous, losing business themselves or simply have an axe to grind....so it is very important to have all your ducks in a row.

When someone wants you out they will go to great lengths to accomplish their goal and try different strategies...pretty scary stuff and it can be really daunting....so be careful out there.

I carefully avoid these types of problems by being a total failure at everything I try.:lol:
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eugenio
I wouldn't want to be suggesting that someone else is overreacting to a situation or jumping the gun

In a country where one doesn't expect justice from any authority it's common nature to overreact. You throw everything against the wall hoping something sticks.

I don't know enough to judge either party, just explaining how the process usually works...

For those expert at playing the game. ;D

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 01:36 PM
That's ENTERTAINMENT

Reminds me of one of the MANY times years back when I'd be at a party and some (usually) residents North of San Felipe would start into their "Bad Guy Complaint" routines.

Finally, getting tired of hearing the Horrors, I said "Look, IF it is what you say it is, the guy deserves WHATEVER you can come up with, so you ought to can the talk, wait a reasonable time for the trail to go cold and then DO what needs to be done, personally or through a (cheap enough) agent".

I've always felt it's better to do that kind of thing without involving others who can dime you out if the occasion arises. Nobody can be trusted completely, especially people who make a living doing things illegal.
elbeau
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
My name is Paul Clark, the developer of Castillo de Arena...

...I have made a commitment to this country and I am proud to be a Mexican citizen.

I am protecting a community from illegal actions and restrictions and I am very happy to put my face to it, all my posts and all my actions.

Regards
Paul Clark

Happy to put your face to "all your actions"?

Quote:
Originally posted by fishabductor
In the past 2 months, I have been turned into Profepa, Semanac, Immigration and the subdelgado. The military also showed up at my house and searched for drugs for 1hr using a electric sniffer and 40 armed soldiers, is this just a coincidence or did I get turned into the military too?

Please provide a "Yes" or "No" for whether you had anything to do with each of these actions. My guess is that you'll just dodge answering this entirely, leaving us to speculate on whether or not you did ALL of them, but leaving us without any doubt that you are lying to us when you say "I am very happy to put my face to it, all my posts and all my actions."

I mean seriously, where do I go wrong in my understanding of this story:

You are an influential real estate developer who wrote an appropriate letter to your neighbor when he illegally blocked the arroyo, whereupon he complied with your request to reopen the arroyo. Then, someone else hires a fencing company who inadvertently fences the arroyo and you simply assume it's the same guy. So far, this all seems reasonable...but here's where things REALLY start to stray.

Instead of following the legal course of action that you described in your initial letter to your neighbor, you created a fraudulent document and signed your neighbor's brother-in-law's name to it and used your fraudulent letter to file a fraudulent report with immigration officials. It also seems likely that you are responsible for turning your neighbor into Profepa, Semanac, Immigration and the subdelgado and the military. You evidently got responses from the agencies you lied to...probably because of your personal influence rather than from the persuasiveness of your arguments. You caused your neighbor and his wife to LITERALLY fear for their futures and even their lives...to the point where he's still afraid because you now know that he went looking for advise on what to do and someone else outed your name. AND, while you were doing all this, you pretended to be a friend and sent their kid a Christmas present.

Then...to top it all off, AFTER your neighbor described in this thread what had ACTUALLY happened with the fence, you have the gall to tell us in your post that "HE" is the criminal and "YOU" are just doing your patriotic duty.

Did I miss anything? Please correct me wherever I went wrong, because I definitely am seeing criminality in this story, but it's not from your neighbor.

Also, as a hypothetical question...based on your response to what you percieved as your neighbor's criminal blockage of an arroyo, what response should the community have in response to a real estate developer who creates fraudulent documents and uses them to file fraudulent reports to various authorities?

I look forward to your answers.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

It happened to me. It really doesn't matter much if the accusations are true. If the accusor knows enough phone numbers, you are out of here.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper
Quote:

You finally found something? I would have guessed we had much more in common. We both love your Mom, don't we? :biggrin:
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 03:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper
Quote:

You finally found something? I would have guessed we had much more in common. We both love your Mom, don't we? :biggrin:

I don't like Gringo or Gabacho much either. I prefer Yankee for a number of reasons. I do understand people throwing everything they have at a problem down here, and seeing if anything sticks. I don't like people crossing the line and making false accusations to authorities though. People just get so frustrated down here because even the correct course of action seems to take forever and ever and you never know whether to just give up or not. If you believe your cause is worthy (protecting pedestrian beach access) you just have to go with your gut. My Mexican family accepts defeat in the face of injustice, corruption and undo influence in matters down here much better than anyone in my Yankee family ever will. jmho

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 03:24 PM
Well, I Have Worked Legally in Mexico

And never got messed with--my jobs were deemed "of benefit" and recieved the appropriate work stamps on my FM3.

First job in Mexico, working as a advertising manager for the Gringo Gazette.

Second job, working as a sales represenatative for a U.S. based company signing up maquiladoras for ISO certification.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2011 at 03:31 PM

Miss Jan.......You can do no wrong. Others here can, but not you.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

puzzled.gif posted on 3-23-2011 at 03:36 PM
Long thread

Is this the thread on Darwin's theory or intelligent design?
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.