Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Time share sales
Smugla

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 05:34 PM
Time share sales

I have considered employment in Cabo area that would give me comparable income in the states...does anyone have any info about vacation rental or time share sales in Baja Sur?

Is it available to gringos ...what kind of income....do some positions include room and board?
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 06:47 PM

Depends on your skills as a salesman, if your average you may find tons of work hooking people on the street to show up at your hotels "breakfast", income: very low.

If your good, you may find work as a closer at a resort, i have one friend down in cabo that makes tons of money, but hes the exception, not the rule.

Smugla

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 07:34 PM
Who would I contact

Would you have any objection to passing on his name and how to get in touch...I am a top salesman most instances but who knows
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 07:43 PM

You need to go down there and ask, theres dozens of Hotels that have time share operations, and in most cases, you will find where to stay very quickly.

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 10:14 PM
happy hooker

I know 2 hookers,a se?orita in Mazatlan and and un hombre in PV that make$175.00USD for a single and $300.00 USD per couple they hook into the van to the resort and the high pressure salestaff...Both work about 3 or 4 days a week and both make in the nieghborhood of $70,000.00USD per year...not bad for Mexico...because some of the hookers give away money($100 to $200 dollars) instead of breakfasts or blankets many travelers go to a couple of these presentations to help pay for thier trip...quen sabe
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 10:29 PM
I once knew a hooker in Mexicali...

Yo, Doug, we may be on to a whole new board topic here....

Baja Arriba!!
CaboJohn

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 07:42 AM

Yes, Gringos can and do sell the majority of the timeshares.

A good closer can make over $150K per year. Hours are tough, 5 days per week, 8am - 2:30pm. I have several friends in the business.

A lot of the outfits prefer to higher people with no experience so they can train you to their method. The sales managers are used to Gringos showing up for job interviews and claims that the applicant will be back down in?..

Show up with an FM3 in hand, tell them you already moved here, and you should have a job within a week (probably less).

Good Luck!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 08:50 AM

A bit of incorrect advice from Cabo John. You can't get the FM3 until you have the job.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 08:59 AM
An FM3

has absolutely nothing to do with having a job. And you need to have an FM3 to live here as well as work here but your FM3 will be stamped after you find the job and pay the fees.
This is not speculation and I have dealt with it for 9 years. Both with and without a work permit stamp.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 09:57 AM

The FM3 for working and the FM3 for living (where you have to show a regular income from your home country) are two different things entirely.

Assuming that Smugla has proof of monthly income of approx 1000-1500 US he can get an FM3 which can be later converted to a working FM3; however, you have to have a JOB before you can get a working FM3..i.e. the FM3 is tied to a particular place of employment. If you get a job at the Hilton and later switch to Pueblo Bonito, you have to go to immigration and get it changed.

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 10:02 AM

If the Applicant either wishes to reside indefinitely in Mexico while working with a Mexican based firm or will be temporarily transfered to a foreign company?s office in Mexico and/or paid for services rendered by the Mexico office, the Mexican employer must directly request an employment authorization by the Immigration Institute of Mexico (whether so that a specific Mexican Consulate or the INM itself issue the FM3)

Note..

the Mexican employer must directly request an employment authorization by the Immigration Institute of Mexico

You have to have the job first..the employer sponsers you..
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 02:29 PM
Dollars or Pesos

The funny thing about this thread is everybody is talking about the different FM3's and nobody is in shock that these salepersons are making more money($70,000 to $150,000 USD) than most of the people on this board. I'll bet none of them is growing bamboo:fire::moon:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 02:37 PM
Correct

"Assuming that Smugla has proof of monthly income of approx 1000-1500 US he can get an FM3 which can be later converted to a working FM3;"
Incorrect;
" You can't get the FM3 until you have the job."

Make up your mind oh namless one. Do you have two FM3's ? Or even live in Mexico? Or is this info out of an issue of the "gringo" gazette ?
And as far as people being in shock, most of the people don't even pay attention to those that post anonymously.
Again, you have reminded us why.:lol:
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 06:06 PM

JRB, Amen

Ellen

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 09:11 PM

I registered a name..does that make me more credible?

I have been living and working in BCS since 1988. Currently I'm FM2 inmigrado and plan to stay at that level.

There are two types of FM3s. One is commonly called rentista, although the Mexican gov refers to it as retired. That FM3 is for people who can demonstrate a certain level of income, proving they can support themselves and not planning to work in Mexico.

There is also an FM3 for people who have a job, in real estate or timeshare, for example. You don't have to prove income, but you do need to have sponsership from a business that hires you. I'd be happy to provide links in both English and Spanish to anyone who doubts me. .

I'm really surprised that anyone who says he lives in BCS has such an incomplete knowledge of Mexican law in this case.
Ellen

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 09:16 PM

I see in the quote above, JR felt free to edit out the important word "working"
Ellen

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 09:18 PM

JR quotes me as saying

" You can't get the FM3 until you have the job."

I said You can't get the WORKING Fm3 without a job.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 09:26 PM
Your entire post 9 posts ago

"A bit of incorrect advice from Cabo John. You can't get the FM3 until you have the job."
Get a grip ! I couldn't possibly make that up. It's your friggen post.
*************************************** :O

[Edited on 8-29-2004 by BajaNomad]
Ellen

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 09:39 PM

Do you not understand that there are TWO types of FM3s?

1. For people who retire in Mexico with income from their home country to support themselves

2. For people who are working in Mexico.

Nothing I have said contridicts itself.
Ellen

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 09:43 PM

I'm sorry and I don't understand why you want to attack me. It is very simple. If you want to sell timeshare, you have to get an FM3 sponsored by whomever you work for, you cant get an FM# (rentista) and work on that, I've been working here for years and was just trying to clarify for Smugla what the process is. I apologize if the fact that I know what I am talking about offends you.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.