Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Reading the "signs"
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2004 at 01:54 PM
Reading the "signs"

Well, after waking up ready to go this morning, walking outside and seeing the flat tire, I have decided to follow everyone's advice.
This is not a good week to go south!:lol:
Thanks for all the advice and U2U's everyone.
I appreciate it.
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2004 at 02:02 PM
Reading the Signs

I would say that your moons are difinately not in confluence!
I can always tell when days (or weeks) are starting like that but sometimes it takes me a little while! Shake the bones and recast them Monday!;D
Good Luck!

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2004 at 02:46 PM

Sometime next Monday, August 30, Mercury leaves retrograde and your truck troubles will dissolve. Retrograde Mercury always messes with machines and communications. ;):P:lol:

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

lol.gif posted on 8-27-2004 at 04:00 PM
You guys are killin' me!!

So, before venturing to Baja Sur we should consult our Baja Nomad astrologer??:?::biggrin::lol::rolleyes:

Maybe an astrology calendar would be helpful... like the upper gulf tide calendar?

Thanks for the laugh... gotta love it all!:yes::yes::yes:

[Edited on 8-27-2004 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2004 at 04:07 PM
I certainly wouldn't expect

priests, lost mission hunters or self proclaimed (ahem) "baja connections" to understand anything" out of the ordinary".:lol:
Closed mindedness is a very good trait DK. You hang in there!:lol:
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2004 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
So, before venturing to Baja Sur we should consult our Baja Nomad astrologer??:?::biggrin::lol::rolleyes:
Maybe an astrology calendar would be helpful:yes::yes::yes:

David - I thought you were a Reagan man... and he relied on Nancy's astrologer to run the country. Tremendous leader, that man.:lol::lol::lol:

.....Oscar Wilde
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2004 at 06:37 PM

Its a good move Jr, its like surfing, sometimes the sea simply doesn't want you, i am sure you will have a great time next week.

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 8-27-2004 at 10:20 PM

Asking about...

info/introductions on curandera(o)s.

How to contact them, in a seeking guidance, in a respectful way.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-27-2004 at 10:21 PM

Hey, I wasn't dis'in you guys, I was thanking you for the laugh... JR, you must be over there again... I NEVER self proclaimed any title... I was given that name (The Baja Connection) by the same person who gave Jimmy Smith his handle (The Grinning Gargoyle) and I am honored by that. Yes, Natalie that is correct. My kids have little to fear from communists now, gracias a Ronaldo.

[Edited on 8-28-2004 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 07:16 AM

reading these posts, I seriously have to ask y'all if somebody does believe in " the stars are shaping / making / steering our lifes?"
Sorry for my French, but for me that's "Full Bull ..."
I'm not trying to convince anybody > everybody can believe whatever want's to be believed, but for myself, thinking a star (or is it a planet or a galaxy?) is shaping my life, that's out of any reality.

O.K., when Mercury has left the retrogarde and is far away from it, can I expect a new truck maybe????????????
My one is from 1992 and is in need of an replacement
Or do I have to wait till Mars meets Jupiter on a collisssion course?
Well, maybe I should relay on myself and go to the bank to check my account.
With me, unfortunately, money never falls from heaven and truck trouble is only repaired in the car care center in exchange of greenbacks.
Is that because I'm a German and not an American???

Now, I do hope I didn't start an Off-Topic-Discusssion with my opinion.
Otherwise, have fun with the stars > I prefer the starlets to play with.
Germanicus
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 07:53 AM
Hey Germanicus

"ever knock on wood" ? rabbits feet? salt over the shoulder? say a prayer?
And, how would you explain rural Mexicans being able to direct me to the exact confluence lines of latitude and longitude without using a GPS? Twice.:light:
I don't put faith in the stars to fix my cars, but I certainly do believe there is something more to it than gringo attitudes like yours would indicate.
No offense either. You guys are entitled to keep those minds closed as tight as you like.
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 09:57 AM

JR, You and me, we mostly have the same opinion about nearly everything.
But let me say, my "down to earth" thinking is not a gringo attitude.
(hey, don't forget please, I'm a German or how you would say > El Aleman)
It is simply 'down to earth'
Yes the rural Mexicans can lead you to certain points, without GPS, that's possible.
As well could the Indians in the Americas (before they got killed) lead you to almost any place or point they wanted to go.

Rural poeople all over the world have some intelligence (in the meaning of know-how) no city slicker ever will have.
That's why I love rural folks so much.
Nothing against City people, they have their own world with certainly other pluses and minuses.
Rural people are more connected to nature and natural know-how.
>> There is no city-guy who can read tracks in the sand, right?

The stars are possibly helping rural people to find a way, (inside City you won't see any stars) and the stars were certainly the biggest help for ancient see travellers to find their way. ( Well, errors are posssible: Columbus was thinking to find the see-passage to India and ended up in the Americas > despite the stars), but thinking that the stars - or the constellation between all of them - are leading or msileading somebodies personal life ..... ???
Well, then I need to ask, if that might be so, why do have people truck trouble and others don't?
Are the stars capable to seperate your fate from mine?
And what about (i.e.) David K? or Bob H.? or, or, or.
O.K., let's put it in the headline:
The stars have brought us together as "Baja-Lovers"
My question is now: " Which one was it?"
Hey guys, have fun with your horoscope today.
Hopefully it tells you that your truck doesn't break down today (only tomorrow)
Germanicus
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 8-28-2004 at 10:11 AM
Good one G !

that's pretty funny.:lol::lol::lol:
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 11:18 AM
Reading the signs/Native Intelligence

The contract for oil co's in Brazil required the hiring of indigenous locals as labor on drill rigs/deckhands on supply vessels.
They are Missionary educated christians from river villages with no roads or anything else.
They always knew a 1/2 hour before the radio message that a helicopter was coming in.
They always knew to the hour when the supply boat would arrive iregardless what the radio said.
They would start tieing their belongings down even when the weather forecast was good and you had better do the same.
They would not make an offshore trip on the supply vessel without a pig on board. That way no matter where you carried them if the boat sank the pig would always know where land was and start swimming toward it. It works. ( Don't ask how I know).
In the river villages a substanical offering to the local conjuraro could put someone in the accident waiting to happen category, worked everytime. ( Don't work for white men on WM) (Don't ask).
The stars,moon and natural sprits are always consulted and control your life. But they never miss church on sunday.
Your daily schedule is determined by "Casting the Bones" ( Your ancestor's finger bones).
"UFOS" & "SPACEMEN" are old news to them.
No old Mexican rancher needs a GPS.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 11:49 AM
GPS not needed

by most anyone who knows the stars. But to know where exact longitude and latitude lines bisect :?::?::?: Yikes !:lol:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 11:59 AM

I would not dismiss anything. Let me tell you a story that happened to me in January 2002.

We have transmitter site on Breckenridge a 7500 ft mtn east of Bakersfield. One night I wanted to do some work flushing the water system on it after sign off. So I left the house about 11pm, it takes 1.5 hrs to get to the site. About midnight as I was traveling thru a small one lane twisty section that had a 300 foot drop off on one side and the mtn enbackment on the other. I came upon a rock slide that covered the road. No way to get around it I had to back up maybe a quarter mile. At this point I didn't think I could come down the mtn and go thru Kern Canyon and come back up the mtn to the transmitter site and get the work done before sign on at 5 am. So all the time I'm coming down I'm thinking whether I could or couldn't, cause I got about 2-3 hours of work to do if all goes right. Well I get down the mtn at 1am and decide to go on around and try it.

I get thru the canyon and onto Bodfish hwy and hit some fog. I finally find the turn off to go up the back side of the mtn. As I approach the top the road is ice covered and it's about 2 am. I see a small Nissan truck with it's back wheels in a ditch. As I get closer I see someone set up on the drivers side. I stop and this guy gets out and comes over and tells me he's been there since noon and I'm the only one to come by. He had come up to see the snow and hit some ice and while backing up he went into the ditch. He only had a hooded sweatshirt on. His truck was low on gas and it's below freezing out. I pulled him out and he went down and back home. I went on and did the work I came up for.

Now the question is why did I come up and find him? Was it fate? Coincidence? What do you think. I didn't have to go around, I could very easily went home and come back another day after the road crew had cleared the road. Also I had only been down the back side of the mtn twice a couple of years earlier and never up that side and was not sure I could or would find the turn off.
Because there was snow and ice on the road above 6000 ft I didn't even know if the back side road would be open. To this day I really don't know why I went around. But the guy I helped was very happy. Every so often I think about it and wonder why.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

eureka.gif posted on 8-28-2004 at 12:06 PM
I know why

hehehehehehe:bounce::biggrin:
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 01:01 PM

me too!

(it was all determined by that lill star next to Mercur on the left of the three intersections to Jupiter when you miss the 'Y' to mars where the green guys live)

No nonsense: pure coincidence > nothing to even think about for a second thought.

Yes, TW, you can think about it.
But think about it only in terms of "what happened if I did not show up there?"
well, we have a saying in Texas: chit happens.
And that chit would have happened to the guy you rescued.
like it happens to hundreds of folks everyday all over the world.
But the stars????
How are they involved in your story?
Did Jupiter or his relationship to Sun, no sorry to the galaxy left from the sun, make you take that turn?

If you haven't taken that turn, maybe that guy was dead an hour later.
Again, chit happens.
But you wouldn't know at all and certainly not even thinking about him.

O.K., I red my hososcope today > just because of this discussion.
It reads: You will find your true love within the next few days when a certain constallation of Mars (I'm born in May) is accomplished to those stars forming Taurus.
What a Bull......
I'm married happily since nearly 30 years.
So if I'm meeting my "true love" what about my wife I love?
I know what happens: She will certainly kick my butt if I'm trying to attempt....
So, >> stars shaping my fate? Full-Bull....!
You guys in the country , have fun tonight looking at the stars, zipping on a beer,
the others, have fun at the movies.
Germanicus
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 01:09 PM
Ya never know

While I get a giggle at those daily horoscopes, Germanicus, ya never know.... perhaps you'll somehow make your way to Baja in the next few days - and dicover that you can have another true love. ;)

.....Oscar Wilde
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2004 at 01:31 PM
Besides

I'm we are not talking about the "Mystics" in the national enquirer:lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.