Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Cops looking to bust Gringos Free Road
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 04:36 AM
Cops looking to bust Gringos Free Road

Possible Robbery On Free road By Rosarito Police Officers.4-19-2011
I will keep try to keep this short.
On 4-19-2011. I was pulled over by a Rosaeito Muncipal Officers in a pick up around 2030 PM while en route to my home in Bajamar from San Diego. It was near KM 32 on the free road. The Sun had set it was beging to get dark.
Initially, when I was pulled over with ( “Lights Only) No siren The contacting Officer who approached my vehicle( driver’s side window) asked me for my driver’s license and I complied. The second Officer provided cover and stood to the rear of my SUV.
The Initial contact Officer came up to my driver’s window and asked for my driver’s license and the registration. Again. I complied. After showing him the California’s drivers license he asked me to step out of the vehicle. Mind you I was driving home and was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
I questioned his suspicions and asked to be brought to a magistrate.
The contacting Officer then asked me to empty out my pockets and I compiled with the utmost respect. I emptied the continents of my pockets onto the hood of my SUV the initial Officer ASKED ME TO EMPTY THE CONYRNTS OF MY POCKETS ONTO THE HOOD OF MRRHI, WHICH contained my money ($350 Cash Americano and 2,500 Pesos) clip, my wallet and my vehicle house keys.

The second Officer who was stationed to the rear of my vehicle asked me to open the trunk. I then walked to the rear SUV the vehicle and opened the trunk. It should be noted I could not see the first Officer who was standing by my valuables. The Second or back up officer made small talk with me while he searched my briefcase for contraband in the trunk.

Approximately after I returning home less than then 10 minutes later I discovered over $400. Dollars cash and 2,700 Pesos were missing from my money clip.. immediately called 066 and repotted the robbery.
Hrads Up !

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

thumbdown.gif posted on 4-24-2011 at 06:12 AM

TextYou can't cotinue robbing your cusstomers and keep them comming to Mexico ... Stuck on stupid :fire:

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 06:57 AM

CORN, let us know the result of your 066 call.:fire:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
CORN, let us know the result of your 066 call.:fire:

Yeah....and while you're at it, gives us the English version today. That 3:30 AM report is written in code. :lol::lol:

Jes kiddin', Corny. Go get 'em.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 07:18 AM

Did i read it right that you left your money on the hood and walked to the back of the car ?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
Possible Robbery On Free road By Rosarito Police Officers.4-19-2011
I will keep try to keep this short.
On 4-19-2011. I was pulled over by a Rosaeito Muncipal Officers in a pick up around 2030 PM while en route to my home in Bajamar from San Diego. It was near KM 32 on the free road. The Sun had set it was beging to get dark.
Initially, when I was pulled over with ( “Lights Only) No siren The contacting Officer who approached my vehicle( driver’s side window) asked me for my driver’s license and I complied. The second Officer provided cover and stood to the rear of my SUV.
The Initial contact Officer came up to my driver’s window and asked for my driver’s license and the registration. Again. I complied. After showing him the California’s drivers license he asked me to step out of the vehicle. Mind you I was driving home and was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
I questioned his suspicions and asked to be brought to a magistrate.
The contacting Officer then asked me to empty out my pockets and I compiled with the utmost respect. I emptied the continents of my pockets onto the hood of my SUV the initial Officer ASKED ME TO EMPTY THE CONYRNTS OF MY POCKETS ONTO THE HOOD OF MRRHI, WHICH contained my money ($350 Cash Americano and 2,500 Pesos) clip, my wallet and my vehicle house keys.

The second Officer who was stationed to the rear of my vehicle asked me to open the trunk. I then walked to the rear SUV the vehicle and opened the trunk. It should be noted I could not see the first Officer who was standing by my valuables. The Second or back up officer made small talk with me while he searched my briefcase for contraband in the trunk.

Approximately after I returning home less than then 10 minutes later I discovered over $400. Dollars cash and 2,700 Pesos were missing from my money clip.. immediately called 066 and repotted the robbery.
Hrads Up !

it's called karma, dude.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
Did i read it right that you left your money on the hood and walked to the back of the car ?

Unbelievably stupid eh ?!!!!!
mulegejim
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 07:31 AM

"TO EMPTY THE CONYRNTS OF MY POCKETS ONTO THE HOOD OF MRRHI, WHICH contained my money ($350 Cash Americano and 2,500 Pesos) clip, my wallet and my vehicle house keys.

Approximately after I returning home less than then 10 minutes later I discovered over $400. Dollars cash and 2,700 Pesos were missing from my money clip.. immediately called 066 and repotted the robbery. "

Not sure how you started with $350 USD and 2500 pesos but there was $400 USD and 2700 pesos missing. Jim
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegejim
"TO EMPTY THE CONYRNTS OF MY POCKETS ONTO THE HOOD OF MRRHI, WHICH contained my money ($350 Cash Americano and 2,500 Pesos) clip, my wallet and my vehicle house keys.

Approximately after I returning home less than then 10 minutes later I discovered over $400. Dollars cash and 2,700 Pesos were missing from my money clip.. immediately called 066 and repotted the robbery. "

Not sure how you started with $350 USD and 2500 pesos but there was $400 USD and 2700 pesos missing. Jim

what moroon leaves their money on hood and walks away from it?
stevelaubly
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 07:41 AM

Quote:

I once almost caught a 30 pound fish (it got away), and by the time I got home I HAD ALMOST CAUGHT A 60 POUND FISH!
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 07:41 AM

I would like a money clip like that one, that apparently grows money.:biggrin::biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 07:49 AM

Reminds me of an old adage about some guy and his money! Oops, one D in adage!!

[Edited on 4-24-2011 by bajabass]

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 08:05 AM

It's a bad decision to come here looking for sympathy on a holiday. :lol: :lol: :lol:
SALUD
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 08:14 AM

Quote:

Wow,inflation is getting bad.
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 09:37 AM

OK OK Got it J.Mr. Walker and my on line venting of emotions at 0330 hours dont mix well at 3:30 AM.
So Heres the deal BE CAREFUL when driving the free road at dusk. We are all subject being victims. Things I could have done different Not left the cop with all my stuff on the hood Yes- Youre all right. It took only a minuute
so total amount lost about $350 Gringo buck 2500 Pesos.
Glad I gave everyone a good belly laugh this morning.
Happy easter from your broke Burro Mexicorn.

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 09:41 AM

o66 is just for emergengies.

Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
o66 is just for emergengies.

Actually, it's been my experience that 066 is the catch-all for calling police down here in La Paz. I once tried to find another number to inquire as to how long I had to tolerate loud music in the wee hours of the morning--definitely NOT an emergency--but was told by the police dispacher that 066 was the appropriate number to call. Go figure.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 09:52 AM

The few times a baja cop has asked me to empty my pockets, while they had big guns and were acting drunk and threatening, I always say you don't have permission, they always look down sorta dejected and give up. On one occasion I pulled out my wallet from my pocket and said this is mine and put it back. It's important to stand your ground, or at least try to stand your ground, if they want to rob you, they should be required to do so in a a manner that is clearly theft in your face while you look them in the eye.

Baja cops taking your money from your wallet is apparently common. First mistake is having money, second is showing it to them, third is leaving it there and walking away, fourth is failing to object immediately, fifth is failing to identify them clearly...

Mexicorn, remind yourself that you are the highest authority over yourself, thieves have no authority over you nor do they deserve your deference, that should be demonstrated by your professional demeanor, with respect to/for yourself, civility and the law. The bad guys/bad cops will always absolutely back down, cower and walk away as soon as they see you as someone who is not an easy target. Thieves are cowards.
baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 09:56 AM

Monaday Morning Quartebacking is easy. There still is a bit of intimidation involved, especially with what is going on in Baja.
Interesting how many pieces of advice indicate that two armed individuals are nothing to worry about, just tell them to kiss off.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-24-2011 at 10:02 AM

How does one pick up a money clip with all the money removed from it (actually more money removed than what was in it to start)... and not notice money no longer in it, when putting it back in his pocket?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.