Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: re: recent Death in Cabo area
8unity8

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 02:58 PM
re: recent Death in Cabo area

this is my first time on this site ..I'm asking for any news that may have been reported on this death! My son's Father was killed and his body found on the rock or beach with his throat cut! we only have the consulate for info on this death and would like to find any news articles or person's who might know anything about this death ...I believe the condo where he was staying is on the beach near the air port ! thank you in advance for any info anyone might be willing to share on this matter!
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 03:21 PM

I'm very sorry about your loss.

http://noticabos.org/2011/04/30/a-un-extranjero-le-cortan-el...

Martin Lewis Davis, 60 years old and originally from Michigan was staying at a hotel in the Tourist Corridor of Los Cabos when he went for a walk on the beach. His body was later found on the rocks with his throat cut.

The Attorrney General has declared it a suicide, even though there was no suicide note or other evidence. An editorial comment at the bottom of the article says this was a cover-up by power people in the tourist industry trying to protect their financial interests. Being labeled as a suicide, the case in closed.
8unity8

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 03:29 PM
the suicide thing!!!

this is just soo ludicrious!! how does one cut their own throat! THANK YOU soo much this is the first real news we have besides the Manana treatment we get from the consulate!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 03:42 PM

the consulate will never care unless you know someone in power that knows who to call in State Dept to make the jump.

you are wasting your time talking with US govt employees, unless you can get a congressman to first light a fire under their butts.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 04:24 PM

It really is a sad event.

I have no inside knowledge of it, but have to say that given the hundreds of thousands of tourist that visit Cabo every year, this does seem to be quite isolated and unusual.
8unity8

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 04:31 PM
this death was no suicide!

someone up here also said that a congress person is really the only way we have to get any action on this!! thank you for your responses to this post if nothing else we now have an article and a Photo!
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 04:34 PM

OK. Give this a try. Just please don't say that I gave you the info.

E-mail David@gringogazette.com. Just tell him how upset you are and ask him to help. He's a great guy who has been in the area for decades.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 05:28 PM

Happens more often than you'd like to believe. Just about how someone could feel that dienfranchised from the current society.
choyero
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 05:38 PM

I did a seacrh and it is a pretty common way to kill one's self. Still I could think of many otherways thet would be less gruesome. A gun comes to mind.

That is, unless he was trying to collect life insurance for his family. In that case maybe he tried to make it look like a murder. What better place than Mexico. As everyone in the States thinks that everyone who goes to Mexico is crazy and will get killed.
8unity8

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 05:43 PM

he didn't have life insurance ! and I lived with this man for 8 yrs ..I know he doesn't have the kind of personality to do this to himself! Maybe if he were going to do that he wuld overdose or something ...but he was very squimish about blood! and hurting himself!
8unity8

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 05:53 PM
self inflicted throat cutting?

"I did a seacrh and it is a pretty common way to kill one's self. Still I could think of many otherways thet would be less gruesome. A gun comes to mind.

That is, unless he was trying to collect life insurance for his family. In that case maybe he tried to make it look like a murder. What better place than Mexico. As everyone in the States thinks that everyone who goes to Mexico is crazy and will get killed."

I would be interested to see any links you found in your research...as the quick search i did said it was RARE and often ended up in scarring !!! it is very difficult to cut through your own arteries!
8unity8

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 05:59 PM

"As everyone in the States thinks that everyone who goes to Mexico is crazy and will get killed."

I think this is a generalization that is inaccurate !! personally I was impressed that my son's father always seemed to love coming down to Cabo and he had great things to say about his visit there! I'm not in a financial position to travel much but I never have had any thought that safety would be a big concern expecially in the Area around CABO !!
choyero
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 06:01 PM

Here is a news article.

http://tribunadeloscabos.com.mx/

It says that he was distressed for 3 days, he was seen smoking heavily and visably aggitated/nervous according to witnesses, before he was found dead. It also says that there were multiple attempts to slit the throat.

As far as a search, I just typed:

suicide by slit throat
choyero
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 06:03 PM

By the way, I am sorry for your and your son's loss.

I am not saying that he did commit suicide, I was surprised that you could actually do it myself. I would have thought it was not possible.
8unity8

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by choyero
Here is a news article.

http://tribunadeloscabos.com.mx/

It says that he was distressed for 3 days, he was seen smoking heavily and visably aggitated/nervous according to witnesses, before he was found dead. It also says that there were multiple attempts to slit the throat.

As far as a search, I just typed:

suicide by slit throat

would you be willing to check that link again as the article that comes up is for something unrelated! thank you Choyero
choyero
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 06:19 PM

I just found that myself.
Here is the link:

http://www.tribunadeloscabos.com.mx/newpage2/index.cfm?op=po...
8unity8

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 06:22 PM

thank you again Choyero ...everyone in Cabo has seen this news and today is the first day we have had this info!
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 07:10 PM

Wow another person killed in Mexico, what is that # 35,001, and if you slit your own throat wouldn't the knife be nearby, or after you killed yourself, you ran off to hide it?

[Edited on 5-1-2011 by 805gregg]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 07:29 PM

I am really so sorry about your and your son's loss...

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
inspectorgadget

[*] posted on 4-30-2011 at 07:31 PM

He slashed his own throat three times before finally cutting the jugular? That must have hurt. His body was floating in the ocean and washed up on the rocks. He was wearing only a swim suit and t-shirt. He told people at the hotel he was going down to the beach. Where did he have the knife? Who could slash their own throat three times? Why would he tell people he was going down to the beach but not leave a suicide note? What was his body doing out in the ocean? Did he swim out after he cut his throat? Did he swim out and then cut his throat?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.