Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Santa Isabel
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 02:49 PM
CLICK ON PHOTO to activate movie. José shows us the step broken off his Dodge in the last clip

[Edited on 5-9-2011 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 02:54 PM

I will not do a trip report, there is no way I can match what you guys have publish already.It was a pleasure to be part of the 8, deep in our souls we Khew that we would not find anything, but like Phill said "LIKE WE NEED AND EXCUSE TO GO TO BAJA".
We do not find a treassure or old ruins or the infamous jesuit gold, but we did find other riches.The stories told over camp fire will be treassure as if were gold, we had people from all walks of life..We had a Cheef,people in the comunications bussines,heavy equipment operator(my self),and arquitech and so on...

afther walking shoulder by shoulder for almost 10 miles , I came to a conclution.
All that you need to put a great group of people is give them hope and some ilussion and they will follow you anywhere...

It was not about the adventure it was more about guys bonding together sharing the same love for the land..
When I talk to Bill (Tom's brother) or when I would listen to his stories about his service years abroad..it felt like I Knew the guy, that kind of felling I felt with the others nomads.

I will do another trip with this guys with out even thinking about it,
If you ask me if i was bum about not finding the mission, I will have to say that I will not change anything that we experince in this trip... thanks all the nomads that make this a reality.

My hat comes off to Lou, he hike all those miles with us younger guys and his spirit never broke or neither i saw any signs of quiting, what a great guy he dind't have to prove anything but he did..

DK, your knowledge over the Peninsula of Baja California,is invaluable i should be ashame of not knowing even a third of what you know even do I was raise in this beautifull state...

I will not mention any names cause i dont want to miss anyone..but thanks for the great memories everyone..untill the next adventure maybe the search for DIAZ GRAVE...

As soon as i can get my SD memory card to work I will post some pix...

Vern, thanks for Lunch at San Vicente and also for walking a fer more bends with me.
DK thanks for lunch at El Rosario,tacos La Mission it's on my list of places to eat...

To finish this, DK mention that I left something to the mountain..
When we reach the mission site and realized that nothing was there we start climbing a little bit more, I was ahead of the guys so i went and climb one of the small peaks i was above all the guys I can see Vern walking up the wash but he can not see me..
In the movie BajaCalifornia El Limite del tiempo, Damian climbs a mountain and his guide(and Arce) tells him, "YOU DONT CLIMB A MOUNTAIN FOR NO REASON, IF YOU DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE SOMETHING TO THE MOUNTAIN OR THE MOUNTAIN WILL TAKE SOMETHING FROM YOU", so a left my sunglasses on a top of a rock...

UNTILL NEXT TIME, IT WAS A BLAST AND ALSO A PLEASSURE TO EXPLORE WITH YOU GUYS...

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 05:36 PM

Bajacat we need to get DK up and running on our next adventure to the wilds of Baja.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2011 at 07:23 PM

SOUNDS good Tom, let me know what the next mission is and will do it.

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 09:04 PM
The final photos from El Vergel's camera

that I will add tonight... Vern tells me he will be adding some more personal trip report and some photos I haven't already included!

El Rosario's Tacos Mision and artist Hugo Lopez is a must see!

Km. 0 San Quintin

We saw many fires from Colonet to Tecate this day!

San Vicente river from new bridge.

Thanks Vern! Looking forward to your story amigo!

[Edited on 5-11-2011 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 10:08 AM

A fun trip with fellow Nomads (in 2011) and that included the final Baja trip with the late 'bajalou' of El Dorado Ranch.

The bubbling springs at El Volcán's cold-water geyser are well illustrated in these movie clips!

Thank's Vern ('El Vergel')!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.