BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Scuba Diving in Asuncion a blast!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 07:16 AM

Mr.Gypsies gear was totally mind boggling...so much STUFF dangling from his suit. I am real excited about this new chapter of life down under and hey gals, maybe some chick dives would be cool eh!!!! whatdya say Mulegena, bajagyspy, tiajane, nancy, laurieboats....go team newmix!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajagypsy
Mr. gypsy is a tech diver, they were going to 150 feet i believe. It wasn't part of Shari's course just Mr. gypsy and his friend doing what they love best. Mr. gypsy always dives doubles. What you also can't see is the other tank attached to the other side, and his small pony bottle on the other side for his dry suit.
As for the battery it is for a halcyon light, it is an Advanced LED array and will provides 600 Lumen output.

Damn............it's a turnon to hear a sexy woman talk about diving...:D

Besides I believe Mrs Gypsy is rather fond of Mr Gypsy!!!

When does Simon head for world's ??? OC is not that far from SD !
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 08:01 AM
Team NewMix/Bacardi Vanilla Cream

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
... I am real excited about this new chapter of life down under and hey gals, maybe some chick dives would be cool eh!!!! whatdya say Mulegena, bajagyspy, tiajane, nancy, laurieboats....go team newmix!
I'm totally down for it. Got my divelight and 7-mil suit... Count me IN!!
Watch out, sealions, water-women cometh your way...

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 08:04 AM

my last dive I just used my 3.2 mil suit with a lycra catsuit underneath and was warm enough...hey maria, did you ask about the possibilty of my buying that xsmall BC???

Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfdoc
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajagypsy
Mr. gypsy is a tech diver, they were going to 150 feet i believe. It wasn't part of Shari's course just Mr. gypsy and his friend doing what they love best. Mr. gypsy always dives doubles. What you also can't see is the other tank attached to the other side, and his small pony bottle on the other side for his dry suit.
As for the battery it is for a halcyon light, it is an Advanced LED array and will provides 600 Lumen output.

Damn............it's a turnon to hear a sexy woman talk about diving...:D

Besides I believe Mrs Gypsy is rather fond of Mr Gypsy!!!

When does Simon head for world's ??? OC is not that far from SD !

I am rather fond of Mr. Gypsy!
Simon's World's is on July 16! He is getting excited already

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 08:12 AM

Quote:
my last dive I just used my 3.2 mil suit with a lycra catsuit underneath and was warm enough...hey maria, did you ask about the possibilty of my buying that xsmall BC???
For longer and deeper dives I think a more substantial suit will serve you better-- gotta keep those internal organs warm.

and the BCD: I totally spaced that out, and thinking on it will you email him first, please?
Better the inquiry initially come from you, methinks.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 08:31 AM

those are great diving pics ...yup...a new adventure in asuncion begins NOW !!

for those who have never tried diving, it is another world down there .... so inspiring and so quiet and so full of life.

I have a dive book with underwater photos put together by my dentist in Brazil, who dives all over the world. It is just spectacular.

Mom and baby should have life jackets on, even if only 10 min away from shore - it is almost impossible to hold a baby and swim at the same time ... I had to do it once only for a couple of minutes and would not wish it on anyone !!!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Nan&D
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 06:27 PM

Mr. Gypsy, please sign me up for beginners class.
Nan

Visit us for info and pics of Bahia Asuncion and Galaria Bahia at http://www.nancypridham.blogspot.com
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 06:32 PM

the good thing is those fiberglass pangas will NEVER sink. who needs a life vest when you have a panga?

just kidding, sorta!:P

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Mr.Gypsies gear was totally mind boggling...so much STUFF dangling from his suit. I am real excited about this new chapter of life down under and hey gals, maybe some chick dives would be cool eh!!!! whatdya say Mulegena, bajagyspy, tiajane, nancy, laurieboats....go team newmix!

Don't forget Jilly, enough wine and she will agree to do anything.........well, she will agree to do a lot of things :lol::lol:....maybe even scuba dive....dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
dean miller
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 05:49 PM
Mulegena -- Diver?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena

Congratulations, Open Water Diver PADI-certified Shari Bondy Arce.

"a delight for experienced professional divers like myself,"

I am in need of clarification, please explain the following;

"a delight for experienced professional divers like myself,"

What kind of a professional diver are you?
*** commerical diver?
*** SCUBA instructor?
*** ?????

Thank You,

DM
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 11:54 PM

TO SHARI, DOC, WOODY AND EVERYONE....

BEING SAFE IN A BOAT IS NEVER EVER A GIVEN! AND...IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE CONDITIONS ARE ...WHAT TYPE OF BOAT YOU'RE IN ...HOW CLOSE YOU ARE TO SHORE ...WHO THE SKIPPER IS ...OR ANYTHING ELSE ...ACCIDENTS AND MISHAPS CAN AND DO HAPPEN ALL THE TIME!!!

When you are in an open boat that size...EVERYONE should have a life preserver on! Especially those who are too young to swim!

Sorry if I sound like a Cabron ...but that's what I believe strongly in!

Miguelamo :no: :fire: :no: :fire:
dean miller
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 06:41 AM
Speargun? or Pop gun???????????

I also noted the popgun speargun in the group picture on the panga, and was reminded of a nostaligic post I made in 2007, which is as follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on 10-7-2007 at 07:47 PM

'BAJA Spear fishing equipment of yesteryear

I have been in the process of October clean and toss, then retrieve and find a new hiding place for the treasure I can't live with out for another year. This year's un pleasantry I uncovered a stash of old spear points that I had used in Baja during the big fish glory days of the 1950s and 1960s.

During those halcyon days of yesteryear when Baja was devoid of roads, RVs, snowbirds and even a Baja forum (if you can believe that!)

My tribe who was actively sticking the big ones, consistently bent arrows, tore up guns and on several occasions actually snatched the gun from the hands of the shooter as he watched it and the stuck fish wave bye bye as the entire rid disappeared into the murk. So by trial and error over a period of a number of trips and equal number of years we developed special points and gun rigging especially for for the bib ones in Baja.

In Baja we used Samson guns which had twin line releases. One side was for a normal shooting line, the other was for a detachable modified Samson or a "twin spinner" point which was attached to a 20 plus foot length of 7X7 SS cabling, attached to a line, terminating in a float.

The fish was stuck, the battle was on. The shooting line was attached to the gun, the other SS line was attached to the modified point which detached from the arrow but was attached to the cabling line and float. So the gun, the point stub and the shooting line remained with the diver, the fish was held by the detached point, the cable and the float.

We christened this technique as "drop shaft."

We always attempted to keep the fish from running and holing but were seldom successful, however the SOS cabling seldom broke but on occasion frayed. So as expected one necessary piece of equipment was a pair of very heavy duty workmen leather gloves to work the line and the fish.

So often the fish was allowed, generally not by choice to hole up and bleed out.

To hasten the process of bleeding my diving buddy Jack Waite (see Skin Diver Magazine Vol 1 # 1 December 1951 He's all over the issue) made a special 38 caliber gun. It was a non descript 38 which he obtained at Hy Hunter in Pasadena ( remember him?.) Jack cut the barrel off at the back of the frame, a 1/4 hole drilled transverse where the hammer struck, the handles were removed and I fabricated and welded a new handle about 2-1/2 feet long complete with trigger.

When a fish was in a hole we placed the 38 caliber 6 shooter next to the fishes' head and had at it. We discovered after the first usage that it was always advisable to shoot up never down at the fish do to the excessive concussion..Kinda rang your bell --for several days. Any way the fish always received the message and became very docile and could be removed from the hole with out difficulty and gently horsed to the surface.

Those were the days that have come to a sudden and screeching halt.. No more big fish and no one in their right mind would ever take a gun no matter how modified or even ammo to Baja! If you do the authorities just may hole you up .

sdm '
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have heard that Bill & Bonnie moved from San Lucas to your area.. If so I would suggest that you contact them asap. Bill was and is one of the top spear fisherman and can certainly give very good sage spearfishing advise.

SDM
divemulege
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 11:44 AM
Dive Mulege

Shari,
Give me a call at 615 153 03 45 or 949 544 1111. I sent a message to the dive shop there about working together like you mentioned on the phone but never got a response. It would be great if we sent clients to each other!

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 01:33 PM

Todd & Alicia are here now putting a new roof on the dive shop apartment. Absolutely it will be fun to work together sharing clients....Todd is diving this morning in San Roque...gorgeous clear water these days.

divemulege
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 03:04 PM
Diving both places

Quote:
Todd & Alicia are here now putting a new roof on the dive shop apartment. Absolutely it will be fun to work together sharing clients....Todd is diving this morning in San Roque...gorgeous clear water these days.

Both places offer such a different unique dive experience so it would be great to have them go to them on the way down and then head here. The Pacific and the Sea of Cortez are different animals! How are things going there with you?

churro
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 10:27 PM

Looks Like Fun!!!!
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 09:10 AM

Today was the day one year ago :no:

Have a Tecate out at the Panteon with him for us.
We miss you Stan
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.