Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: 12 month lease, rental wanted, 2+ bdrm, 2 bath
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 01:00 PM
12 month lease, rental wanted, 2+ bdrm, 2 bath

Hello all,

I have read many posts here, just signed up today. Thank you for the valuable resource, and being willing to share so much!

I am looking for a furnished rental home in Baja Norte, within say 2 hours of the border. I have made two scouting trips looking at areas and collecting phone numbers, I also thought I'd try here.

I am not committed to any one area mostly because I don't know enough. ;)

What I am looking for: A clean freestanding place in a quiet area, with beautiful surroundings and fresh air. Ocean is nice, but so are rolling hills, trees, and even the open expanses of the desert.
Internet access is necessary.
I am looking for place of respite.

What I bring to the table: The place would be rented by my friend and myself, both mature women, we can give references and verify income. I am somewhat fastidious and would care for your home as my own. We are looking for the place to use a s a place of self restoration. When we brought guests, it would be for the same reason. We are long past our wild party years.
No pets, smoking Only outside. We are stable, no drama, friendly. I speak toddler Spanish, but am learning.

I have spent a lot of time traveling around Playas de TJ, Ensenada, Ruta del Vino the last couple years. I love what I know of Baja. :)

Thanks for your attention.

Kind regards,
B

If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 01:06 PM

I want to add that June would not be too soon, and July okay as well. I would like to stay at least a year.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mudhen
I am looking for place of respite.

Let me get one fundamental out of the way before I go on.
Regardless of your perceived level of self-sufficiency, don't allow yourselves to become too isolated in your quest for peace and quiet.
That would be a mistake here, there or anywhere.

Punta Banda is within your limit....just barely. I mention it because it's quiet and picturesque, and there are guite a few places for rent.

If you would like to pursue this further, let me know and I'll line you up with a local lady who handles property. She's honest and trustworthy, otherwise I wouldn't be mentioning her. I won't mention any other.
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 01:52 PM

Thanks, Dennis.

I tend to be very social/communal, but quiet.
I will think on what you said.

I would welcome your friend's info, and will do what research I can on Punta Banda on the net.

B
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
I would welcome your friend's info, and will do what research I can on Punta Banda on the net.

B

I sent you a U2U....upper right.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 02:13 PM
It's a Buyer's Market and the Sharks Are Circling

And when no one is buying, then it is a Renter's market.

Last time I looked, the many various real estate websites had rentals galore, in gated communities that were built to up to sell to the gringo market.

Try doing a web search with keywords "Rosarito real estate" or "Baja Malibu" or "San Antonio del Mar", all of which are within your two-hour commute limit.

Both "Rancho Descanso, Rosarito" and "Medio Camino, Rosarito" are just at the far end of your desired commute.

I must respectfully disagree with Dennis about the commute time from Punta Banda. It is a beautiful and peaceful location, but it is a three-to-four hour commute away from just getting in line to wait to go back across the border (the free road and even the toll road highway to Ensenada, while breathtaking, makes the highway through Big Sur look like a beginner's road trip, especially when the fog is in).

[Edited on 5-13-2011 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 02:23 PM

"Last time I looked, the many various real estate websites had rentals galore, in gated communities that were built to up to sell to the gringo market."

The reason I've come to this site, and driven around myself, was to get more insight and get a feel for the places and peoples than a commercial real estate site can offer. I'm not specifically looking for a gated community. I tend to be less exclusive than that.

Thank you much for the info on places to research, and for your experience with how far Punta Banda is! The two hour limit was a bit arbitrary, perhaps wishful. I'm looking at all options.

Kind regards,
B

B
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
I must respectfully disagree with Dennis about the commute time from Punta Banda. It is a beautiful and peaceful location, but it is a three-to-four hour commute away from just getting in line to wait to go back across the border

No way, Jan. The times I give are good anytime except in morning work traffic. From my place to the first toll booth...30 to 40 minutes.
Toll booth to the line, 90 minutes. That's for me and I'm the slowest driver on the road.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 02:32 PM
Well, I Do Have a Tendency to Get Lost

:yes: :spingrin: :yes: :spingrin:

—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 02:40 PM

big diff between ensenada and border zone, so do your research.

it takes longer to drive to ensenada, but ensenada is "baja." the rosarito-TJ corridor is not "baja."the TJ-rosarito corridor is its own thing, it just ain't baja, it is border-zone-urban-culture, with little resemblance to rest of the penninsula.
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 02:45 PM

Goatperson,

Thanks for clarification. I am learning, and appreciate you taking the time.

B
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 03:05 PM

Mudhen, check U2U
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Goatperson,

Thanks for clarification. I am learning, and appreciate you taking the time.

B

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mudhen, you are going to do just fine in Baja and I wish you good luck in your search for a happy home!

GJ

—Mark Twain

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 06:54 PM

welcom to bajaNomads !! best of luck on your search for a place of respite...

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 06:57 PM

You know, that means a lot. Thank you Blanca and Jan.
I've learned much here already, in other topics. I was a little afraid to post as some folk seem to get mildly roasted, but this seems like a good (read odd, intelligent) bunch.

B
surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 08:29 PM

Mudhen
Please don't label this as inteligant...as i"ve been on the Rojo's all afternoon!

But a stop at Angels camp may be inline, he is just south of La Selena.
You need to use solar for power... but as close to Baja experiance (ie peaceful and secure) as I think you can get in that area!

[Edited on 5-14-2011 by surfdoc]

Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 08:34 PM

I'll look up Angel's and La Selena....but what does "on the rojo's" mean? My only association is rojos=reds, which are a pill I don't think one can get anymore....:)

Thanks for the info, surfdoc.

B
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 08:35 PM

Quote:

What I am looking for: A clean freestanding place in a quiet area, with beautiful surroundings and fresh air...I am looking for place of respite.

You're looking for what does not exist in Mexico. I know you will not believe me now, as all the Mexico enablers here have no qualms about not telling you the truth.

Mexico is a heart attack to live in, even for Mexicans. It is even worse for gringos. The crime rate is off the scale. Northern Baja, including Punta Banda, is crime central for home robberies of gringos. The police will not help you nor will they protect you.

Other people have drifted into this forum asking for the same thing as you, follwed the "advice" given here, and have had their clocks cleaned out by Mexico. You should search this forum for the story of Diana Giannelli, who only wanted what you wanted, may her soul rest in peace.

I'm only posting this so I have the right to say "I told you so," in a few months. I'm sure the Nomads will convince you I am wrong.
surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 08:39 PM

Rojos is

Tecate Reds........ie NOT Blancas or light! :D

As far as the post above me........can't disagree as far as that area of Northern Baja...

I'll only state what I tell everyone that asks about moving to Mx.......Don't put into anything you are not willing to loose...

I'm loving living in Asuncion... and NO thoughts of ever going back North!
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 08:43 PM

Jenny, sounds like you've had some bad experiences.

I have had my home robbed in the USA, it happens anywhere some folk have what others don't.

I will take my risks, and exercise good sense, as I would anywhere. I'll look for the Diane story, so I can see more where you're coming from.

Do you have some specific precautions you'd care to share?
I think you are writing because you have concern that I avoid mishap, maybe not just to be able to say "I told you so". ;)

So, thanks for that.
B
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.