Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: 12 month lease, rental wanted, 2+ bdrm, 2 bath
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 08:47 PM

I think Jenny could tell you lots of things. Perhaps put up a link or two. :lol::lol:
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mudhen
Jenny, sounds like you've had some bad experiences.
B

Every single person posting here has had bad experiences in Mexico. But most who post glowingly of Mexico here are stuck down there and misery loves company. Try to get wessongroup on the line. He moved down there for a few months and then beat a path back to the US... and his wife is Mexican!
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 08:51 PM

Exercise good sense works whereever you live, of course. Sorry to disagree, Jenny, but we live near Rosarito year round, love it, and don't know where your negativity hails from. Look at any newspaper and there is bad stuff happening all over. So why do you feel nob is so different?
Heart attack for everyone? You need to go bye bye, just sayin'
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette

Every single person posting here has had bad experiences in Mexico.

Probably so and I'm usually the first and loudest to tell it like it is.
I must be tired tonight, but for sure I grow weary of laying everything on the line. My stance has just about had me ostracized from my own neighborhood.

Oh well...I'll give it hell tomorrow.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by krafty
You need to go bye bye, just sayin'

NoNoNo.......all points of view have to be discussed here, Krafty. Now, it would be doing Mudhen a disservice to be less than honest and candid.
She can make better decisions if she has the whole story. She deserves all of that.
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 10:48 PM

Dennis, you are right-sorry Jen-walk a mile in my moccasins and tell me I'm wrong and you are right. Do you see the glass as half full or half empty? And when you say Stuck down there, what do you mean? I assume you are no longer here?
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 11:15 PM

Krafty:

one translation for Stuck.

You bought your retirement dream home in Rosarito Beach 3 to 5 years ago, now you miss your grand kids who don't come down because of all the bad press on violence and actual violence. You decide that maybe you made a bad decision, alright you can sell and come back NOB.

Can you get your investment back, how about 50% of it, how about 30%?

I'd call that stuck.

[Edited on 5-15-2011 by tripledigitken]
zoesterone
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 06:47 AM

Mudhen, it sounds like you HAVE done your homework. Some people are just not meant to live in Mexico. We have lived in Mazatlan for over three years and I would not live anywhere else than Mexico. The people are amazing, the food, the beauty; it's all here. I have friend NOB that think blood is running in the gutters and heads roll on every corner. Ha! I feel safer here than I have ever felt and all my friends feel the same. Yes, ther is violence, but it isn't as random as the states, IMO. Again, some people are just not meant to live in Mexico and it takes some patience at times..something we can all learn which is just slow downnnnnnn a little. I hope you find what you want. We are thinking of moving to Baja to be closer to family and will be there to check it out shortly, too.
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-16-2011 at 10:53 AM

I am still researching, now talking to a real estate person, and have an appointment near K23 to see a place through a friend of a friend.

I appreciate all the responses!

I have done some google searching for a map that shows all the 'K's, but cannot find one. Does anyone have a link to a map like this? This lettering of places is still a mystery to me.

Thank you all. This is very instructive.
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 5-17-2011 at 12:56 AM

Mudhen...

Have you considered San Felipe on the SOC side? It's 125-150 miles below the border and is easily accessible by a good highway. It also has easy access to services back across the border.

It's another whole world down there in SF. It's much quieter and way less crowded than the Pacific side and....has much less crime and problems! You've got beautiful sea and desert views and lots of places to explore and hike. Many Americans own homes there and visit regularly and many live there most of the year. It's also a favorite with Canadiens.

IMO...it would be a much better area for living a quiet peaceful life, free from stress and problems.

I've spent a lot of time visiting the SF area and it's one of my favorite places in Baja!

Miguelamo :yes: :D :) :tumble:
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 11:04 AM

Thanks for that, Amo. I hadn't considered San Felipe, and will be researching that once I hit 'send'. I tried googling 'SOC' in many ways within your context, but can't find anything that makes sense. What is SOC?
South Of something?

Okay.
Thanks again.
B da Mudhen
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Thanks for that, Amo. I hadn't considered San Felipe, and will be researching that once I hit 'send'. I tried googling 'SOC' in many ways within your context, but can't find anything that makes sense. What is SOC?
South Of something?

Okay.
Thanks again.
B da Mudhen

Mudhen,

Sea of Cortez.

Ken
Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 11:12 AM

LOL, Doh!!!!!!
Appreciated.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 12:03 PM
"K" Stands for Kilometer

Mexico is on the metric system and distances on the federal highways are clearly marked off in kilometers (if the signs haven't been knocked down by wayward drivers). A kilometer is 2.2 miles in U.S. measurements.

For example, the K23 you mentioned translates to 14.3 miles from where they start measuring the mileage. In the Tijuana area, it depends on which federal road you are on, the free or toll road and they both start counting from the U. S. border.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 12:10 PM
Picking nits

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Mexico is on the metric system and distances on the federal highways are clearly marked off in kilometers (if the signs haven't been knocked down by wayward drivers). A kilometer is 2.2 miles in U.S. measurements.

For example, the K23 you mentioned translates to 14.3 miles from where they start measuring the mileage. In the Tijuana area, it depends on which federal road you are on, the free or toll road and they both start counting from the U. S. border.

Jan......One kilometer is equivalent to 1,000 meters or 0.62 miles

One kilogram is equal to 2.2 lbs

If you used 2.2 miles to the kilometer, the example you quote above of K23 would be 31.46 miles.............I think :lol:

[Edited on 5-18-2011 by bajaguy]

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
I am still researching, now talking to a real estate person, and have an appointment near K23 to see a place through a friend of a friend.

If the house is on the ocean side, that should be in the area of Villa Lepro....

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

tongue.gif posted on 5-18-2011 at 12:20 PM
Kilometre, Kilogram, Tomato Tomatoe

Hey, you never get anywhere until you stick you toe out.

Anywho, this is a useful site: http://www.onlineconversion.com/length.htm

[Edited on 5-18-2011 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 12:23 PM

baja guy - SHHHhhhh, don't tell jan, she thinks she is getting great gas mileage. :):):biggrin:

Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 12:27 PM

You guys are great. :yes:

-Beverly
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 10:02 PM

If you want to go a little farther try San Quintin, for what your looking for, that's where I'd go.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.