Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: small beach home or palapa
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 01:31 PM
small beach home or palapa

In July we are moving back to Baja. We are cash buyers with no contingencies. We want to be between Bajia de Los Angeles and Loreto. Maximum sales price in the 50k range but we can be happy in a 20k palapa. We also would be interested in looking at a casita in Mulege. Condition, amenities and size are not as important as location. If located on the Pacific ocean side we want to be at least 350 miles South of the border. If not in Mulege, we want to be on or very near the beach (ie feet not blocks.) We want parking at the house or palapa for a 33' motorhome and tow car. We plan to look at Larry C's place in Bajia de Los Angeles and Tom and Ruth's palapa in Playa Burro. We have also emailed George for info on his house in Punta Abreojos. If you or anybody that you know have a house or palapa available for quick sale that is not yet listed on this site please let us know. Ron and Patty
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 01:35 PM

Feel free to call about Kenny's house in La Bocana. It is not finished but is big and has garage you speak of ... while not within feet of the water ... boy oh boy what a view ....and not one house in front. He was asking 150K BUT since that is a bit UNrealistic for la bocna, it doesn't hurt to try.

best of luck finding your dream home south of the border !!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 01:41 PM

You might also talk to toneart who has the cutest house in the orchard in Mulege.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 03:11 PM

To Baja Blanca- thanks for the lead but Kenny's house is way more than I want to spend. I don't enjoy the chilly winters on the Pacific side, the windy season of Bajia de Los Angeles nor the brutal summer heat in the Mulege area. I am hoping to buy something reasonable on each side. As for Toneart- seems like I read one of his previous posts and he was showing someone houses in the area. (I could be mistaken and it might not have been his post) Maybe I'll get lucky and see him in Mulege!!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 03:24 PM

yeah ... it is too expensive, I agree. Our winters here are not really that cold .... I guess the coldest it reaches is maybe 50 but most of the time it is 60.

we do, like every other town, have the winds. which i quite like since they keep the bobos (irritating gnats) and mosquitoes and flies farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away.

Come visit La Bocana

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 04:33 PM

To BajaBlanca- I had forgotten about those bobos. Used to bite the heck out of me in Punta Banda!! (No problem on the beach but if I walked the dogs in the field behind the house I'd get eaten alive!!) Wind is a small price to pay to get away from those little buggers. You'd think that coming from Denver that 60's would seem warm but we have a couple of grandkids that will visit in winter and they like the warmer winters. Thanks for the input. Ron
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
You might also talk to toneart who has the cutest house in the orchard in Mulege.

Tony's place is an absolute gem. After two concurrent hurricanes, he was looking hard and fast to sell. But, I guess, he's calmed down.

However, my good friend Tony is getting up there in years, and I'd have to think he would still be open to an offer.

Repeat. It is an absolute gem.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 05:53 PM

Another one of the cuter home/palapa sites is near the http://hiddenportyachtclub.com
They always have large beachfront palapas for sale. The ones I had seen previously were in the $15K to $50K range (U.S.)
I think that most Nomads have been to El Juncalito. I don't know if they still list ads in their newsletter, but the residents are a cool cohesive group.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 06:01 PM

don't forget georocks place in bahia de los angeles.
looks cool, good price.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=38592#pid6260...

[Edited on 6-8-2011 by fandango]

[Edited on 6-8-2011 by fandango]

sbwontoo
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 06:50 AM

Thanks. We have added Georocks place to the list. Also, somehow we missed El Juncalito on our past travels so will also be looking there. Looks like we will have a really busy couple of weeks. We're looking forward to our full time (second time) move to Baja. Thanks to everybody for the info. Ron
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 08:19 AM

Ron,

Check your U2U.

Thank you, Blanca and Howard! ("getting up there in years"?):P

I never admit that to women, however, unless it involves money.:lol:

Tony

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca

Tony's place is an absolute gem. After two concurrent hurricanes, he was looking hard and fast to sell. But, I guess, he's calmed down.

However, my good friend Tony is getting up there in years, and I'd have to think he would still be open to an offer.

Repeat. It is an absolute gem.

I,too, have seen Tony's casita... and it is beautiful!
Bob H

[Edited on 6-8-2011 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 11:38 AM

Thanks. We now have Tony's place on the list. It will be a busy couple of weeks to sort thru the choices but we're looking forward to it. Ron
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 04:42 PM

Amigo, many places but you should look down here TS/P as it's a personal favorite! Not a Realtor.:lol: Especially if you want warm Winters w/ light winds....now I sound like... Suerte. Tio
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 04:50 PM

Tio- I appreciate your input but not familar with the abbreviation ts/p. What area are you referring to? Thanks again. Ron
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2011 at 06:39 AM

Amigo, Todos Santos and 9km south in the Mangoes sits El Pescadero. Come visit. Good luck. Tio
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2011 at 12:49 PM

Thanks Tio- I should have known that. We really love that area. Weather, surf etc are perfect. Unfortunately we travel in a motorhome with a dog. We try to return to the States a couple of times a year and we're hoping to find something a little closer to the border. I understand why you love that area!!!! Ron
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 11:49 AM

Bump. We have plenty to look at in BoLA, Mulege and Bahia de Concepcion. Still looking for something (in addition to the Sea of Cortez) on the Pacific Ocean side for those hot summer months. Same criteria- 200 to 600 miles south of the border, cheap ie under 50k. On or very near the beach. Assessible by and parking for a motorhome and tow car. Size and condition not important. I'm not seeing any palapa type dwellings on the Pacific side- am I missing something?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.