Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hotels in Ixtapa
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2004 at 11:13 AM
Hotels in Ixtapa

My husband and I are thinking about flying to Ixtapa for a week or so mid Nov.. Its been over 25 years since we have been there. Any sugestions on where to stay?
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2004 at 11:42 AM

Haven't been to Ixtapa -- too many skyscrapers and giant inflatable Corona bottles for me -- but I highly recommend Hacienda Eden, a bed and breakfast on the beach at Troncones, about 25 minutes north of Ixtapa/Zihua. Here's the url for their website -- http://www.edenmex.com/

It's run by an expat couple, Eva and Jim. They have a great chef who cooks lunch and dinner with all kinds of fresh local ingredients (fish for lunch or dinner is that morning's catch). The rooms are beautiful, and they have kayaks and other beach toys available (or you can plop into one of the hammocks strung around the property to sleep off the latest meal).

Excellent left break off of Troncones point, a couple of hundred yards down the beach. No golf courses, no rock concerts, no wet T-shirt contests (unless you throw your own, or a bunch of Canadian expats show up and freelance one -- what's with those guys?), just a super mellow time.

If you go, be sure not to miss the bats coming out at dusk to dine on mosquitos, and if you can tear yourself away from Eden for just one meal, take the quarter mile walk north to a little fishing village (Eva will give details) where you can lunch on oysters they've just pulled off the rocks, while the local cats wind around your legs begging for scraps.
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2004 at 01:42 PM

I was at their lunch a couple years ago, and my local friends knew the owners, and it is a well run establishment, with a lovely beach and great food. If it's too far out of the way for you, the Villa del Sol on Playa La Ropa in Zihua proper, never fails to deliver. And Playa La Ropa itself is beautiful too.
Baja Rhino

Mood: I need a Baja F

[*] posted on 9-7-2004 at 09:00 AM
Las Brisas In Ixtapa

Hey there I have stayed about 8 times at Las Brisas Ixtapa and I feel that for the money you get a great room with a huge terrace and Hamock you can check them out just do a google search for Las Brisas Ixtapa. Priced at about 150.00 a night but also check Expedia for specials. I have also visited Eden and all I can say is WOW
it is very private and a bit away from everything else but very nice. 6 rooms face directly to the ocean 3 down 3 Up Just depends what you are looking for but both places are great Las Brisas a bit more upscale and eden a bit more B&B type.

Best Regards,

Mark Cell

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.