Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Live Music Returns to Tailhunter
Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 07:55 AM

One of us always orders the grilled fish and we have always had good experience and we always order the Sashimi to start and about a third of the time they tell us that there were no fresh fish that day and recommend somthing else. Having access to fresh fish on a daily basis, there would be no need for frozen stuff.

Maybe it's expectations, but Tailhunter is a Sports Pub dedicated to Fishing with US and Mexican comfort foods.

I hope you give them another try cause the food is good.

Gene

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
It's awesome that there are those that appreciate great food and service and those that just enjoy beer. Ordering beer from a bottle and nothing else is a great way to avoid surprises and enjoy the cable TV. But can Jonathan just come out and say why they don't just serve fresh grilled fish and fresh salads! Forget about being offended by chauvinistic attitude, good food isn't offensive to anyone, but bad food and bad service is a nightmare.

Or here's an idea: change the name from Tailhunter to "Jonathan's frozen tv dinner house", "we defrost it right after you arrive! And sometimes we don't!"

Make it a Great Day!!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
I interpreted the name to mean hunting fish --- yellowtail.

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
I remember when he was trying to come up with a catchy name for his operation and came up with "Tailhunter" his logo is a topless mermaid.

I get the mental image. Yep, it's all about "hunting fish." I wonder if it's an Asian Mermaid? :light:

[Edited on 6-14-2011 by oxxo]

I guess having never seen their logo made a difference. I now see it differently. Also, I guess I am not up on the latest music and reading about that also changed my mind. I now see it as quite sexist.

Pam also mentioned the sexist nature of a lot of the the sport fishing industry, and probably there are many who like it. We sure see the difference around here between the people who like to fish and the macho fish killers---and that also was a sexist statement. :yes: But there are the ones who hit Baja and act like hormone engorged 13 year olds.

So maybe their images are appealing to that group----oh well, I have no idea about the food either. I just felt rather bad that when others so freely advertise here, she seemed to be rather quickly attacked.

Hope to check the place out sometime when we are in La Paz---really curious now.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 08:32 AM

shouldn't be much angst about all this... look what happened to Jan's post about "Splash"...

Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 08:56 AM

I am new to Bajanomad and found it when I read the 'Mike Younghusband' story of treking down Baja. Mike, Don-kay and Solo had a great adventure and just reading the thread made me feel a part of their journey. I hope I get enough courage to do something like that myself.

It's funny. Even on Mike's thread, there were these BajaNomad Members that attacked his adventure and claimed it was self serving to cruelty to animals. I think typing in front of a monitor to people without being able to see their face and expressions blinds the person to the emotional content of their message.

I was assured of the 'Vecino' attitude when I read of all the people that opened their homes and resources along the way for Mike and the gang to feed them and provide spare supplies for a fellow Vecino on a journey of his life.

Everyone has a right to their opinions, at least here in the Great USA, and like people saying that 'Tripadviors' has to be filtered so do opinions of people. I have not participated much on these boards since the days of the BBS but I now see that it is important for the Vecinos to stick up for each other and show our support.

Associating Tailhunter with some seedy place in Cabo is ..... well funny.
Claiming that Tailhunter only serves frozen food ..... seems like a competitor
Those that are down on a little self promotion ..... are happy with their salaries.

Keep up the good work Jill and us Vecinos got your back!

Gene

Make it a Great Day!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Genecag
It's funny. Even on Mike's thread, there were these BajaNomad Members that attacked his adventure and claimed it was self serving to cruelty to animals. I think typing in front of a monitor to people without being able to see their face and expressions blinds the person to the emotional content of their message.

Everyone has a right to their opinions

What do you do when you arn't contradicting yourself? This ain't no "mutual admiration society" and if one isn't prepared to hear from all sides, he's in the wrong place.

Quote:

You sound like an investor. Your passionate defense is excessive for a new poster making casual comments.
Due to your willingness to suggest how people, in a place new to you, should communicate, I'm starting to dislike everything about this restaurant and admittedly have never been there, nor will I be in the future.

Stay out of the PR business. You'll never make it.

[Edited on 6-14-2011 by DENNIS]
Bwana_John
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 10:04 AM

Unbiased reviews = Good

Advertisements = Bad

Never ate the food, never experienced the atmosphere, and probably wont with a name like "Tailhunter".
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 10:11 AM

do local citizens eat at tailhunters? or is it more of a tourist hang out?

how to you translate tailhunters to spanish? i.e. what is spanish slang for ass chasers?
Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 10:28 AM

You are quite right, Dennis. As a newbie, I should have paid more respect to the messages from the regulars.

I am not an investor but I do live a short walk from Tailhunter and consider it a hangout for me (Vecinos). So when people paint a false picture of Tailhunter from the name then I try to add more detail in the hopes that I am helping a neighbor.

I hope you visit Tailhunter for the first time when you are in La Paz and if you get a chance to meet the owners and staff maybe you will have a different outlook.

I am going in early July so if you make it to La Paz, be happy to shake your hand and share a beer.

Cheers and good fishing!

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Genecag

Everyone has a right to their opinions

What do you do when you arn't contradicting yourself? This ain't no "mutual admiration society" and if one isn't prepared to hear from all sides, he's in the wrong place.

Quote:

You sound like an investor. Your passionate defense is excessive for a new poster making casual comments.
Due to your willingness to suggest how people, in a place new to you, should communicate, I'm starting to dislike everything about this restaurant and admittedly have never been there, nor will I be in the future.

Stay out of the PR business. You'll never make it.

[Edited on 6-14-2011 by DENNIS]

Make it a Great Day!!
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.