BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Driving down to Cabo Friday 9/10 -Company?
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2004 at 05:03 PM
Are they out of

bread and butter in the u.s.? Because there sure are a lot of gringos looking for it by developing Baja, not just you.
Alex67
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2004 at 08:44 PM
No...Im moving to Baja permanently...

and I'm picking up Cristobal tomorrow at 6:30am in Costa Mesa and am taking him to Turtle Bay. Thanks for all the great help and I will be back on the board in 2 weeks or so when I get settled in in Baja Sur!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

If the going gets tough, the smart ones go to Baja.
synch
Nomad

Mood: wandering...

[*] posted on 9-20-2004 at 02:14 PM

How did it go, where did you stop, and did you get any diving in?
Alex67
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2004 at 02:39 PM
Down in Cabo safe and sound

Hi all!

The drive down was smooth and fun with the company of Cristobal (from the board here). We spent 1st night in San Quintin, at the Malmarrino motel, second night in Santa Rosalia where I also left Chris with some ranchers in the hills above the town.

Third night was spent at my friends hotel La Concha in La Paz...and instead of going to Todos Santos I continued down to Palmilla (Cabo San Lucas) as my biz partner just finished building a house that I could use for a while. Still here, diving Cabo Pulmo every other day. Setting up a new office downtown Cabo San Lucas (selling land up by Todos Santos and Pescadero) and playing poker at Caliente in the evenings.

NEVER GOING BACK!

Life is free down here, and I feel so happy and peaceful...totally rejuvenated!

Wish I would have moved down a few years back, but I?m only 29, so I got a few good years ahead to enjoy here!

Look me up in Palmilla, -Villas De Oro sales office...or on Y.Guerrero street in downtown CSL (the old Pedregal Realty office).

Hasta Luego all!

synch
Nomad

Mood: wandering...

[*] posted on 9-23-2004 at 03:01 PM

How was the diving?
Did you do Cabo Pulmo from shore or from a boat?
(Could you have gone from shore and is it possible to get to the reefs easily?)
Thank you
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2004 at 04:12 PM

Alex67, What did the Mexican customs say about the computer? Or did you just go for the green light?

cristobal
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2004 at 04:30 PM

Alex got the GREEN light ... so NO inspection. The inspector asked him how old the computer was .... and looked at the monitor. It was 5 years old ... with so many mega bites ... The inspector let him bring it in with NO charge .....:bounce::bounce::bounce:
The reason was that it was so old ..... the NEW stuff would run circles around it. I was very surprised..... but saw it with my own eyes ..... things are a changing ......

:o;D:smug::rolleyes::O:P
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2004 at 04:51 PM

Christobal, I had my laptop in my briefcase, always carry it back and forth, they open it one day and you would have thought it was a bomb!! But I had the sales slip laminated and taped on the back and it was 3 years old so they finnaly let me go! I see people in the Net in San Felipe with the very latest in laptops and when I ask them how much it cost to get it into Mexico they don't know what I am talking about, clueless!! Someday they will be poed when they seize it and their car!!

cristobal
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2004 at 05:09 PM
LAP-TOPS

I heard lap-tops come in at NO CHARGE. You must have missed that one ......
I own a computer at home but NOT a lap-top. When I am in BAJA .... I just stop at an INTERNET CAFE like the one that I am in right now in SAN IGNACIO right across from the IGLACIA in the town square.:bounce::bounce:

By the way ..... The weather is really nice here right now .... lots of water .... everything is GREEN ... and the evenings are very nice. SANTIAGO opened my door at 2 AM last night and asked me if I wanted a blanket. I told him this is just right for me .........

:o:yes::rolleyes::wow::O:P
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2004 at 06:56 PM

I am glad the trip was a success.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.