BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Rosarito beach condos in "Playas Rosarito, Sin la Playa?" Video: For sale? For Rent? Under Arrest?
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 01:43 PM
Rosarito beach condos in "Playas Rosarito, Sin la Playa?" Video: For sale? For Rent? Under Arrest?

http://www.bajarealestategroup.net/baja_real_estate/detail/1...

English-only listing. "Best condos in Downtown". Is this a real estate scam or what? Who are these people BAJA REAL ESTATE GROUP? The ad says "Bank trust and Escritus available". You think there is really enough corruption out there to make a piece of land in the Federal Zone available for a clear escritu title?

I hope Ramanu53 catches this thread as it is right up his alley. These were finished in 2008 and stuck with title problems ever since. If I were an investor not knowing any better, I'd look at these (although stucco over dry wall facing the ocean won't last too long). I hope he can post some answers to this? This project could be the new poster child of "never invest more in Baja real estate than you are willing to loose"

The video with this condo tower in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK0j9NZ4Ge8

[Edited on 7-2-2011 by Woooosh]

[Edited on 9-7-2011 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
jenny.navarrette
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Who are these people BAJA REAL ESTATE GROUP?

That's Larry French. It's OK, he's a member of AMPI.

http://www.ampirosarito.org/

Quote:
MAKE SURE YOUR REAL ESTATE NEEDS ARE IN THE GOOD HANDS OF A REALTOR® WHO IS AN AMPI MEMBER

Make sure if you shake hands with an AMPI member you count your fingers.
:rolleyes:
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 01:59 PM

Actually the listing says Miguel Sedano, but I catch your drift. I hope every Nomad will send this guy the above link to the "Playas Rosarito, Sin La Playa?" video with a short note of disgust. (miguel.sedano@bajaREgroup.com).

How are they going to build trust and integrity in Rosarito Beach real estate selling iffy properties like this?

[Edited on 6-28-2011 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 02:14 PM

Scroll down on page to see Larry contact under Miguel. I wish I had a day to waste I would head down there and get a tour and listen to the BS first hand. :biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 02:37 PM

More BS and no credibility in Rosarito Thanks to people like that:yawn:

READY SET.....................
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny.navarrette
That's Larry French. It's OK, he's a member of AMPI.

If you're interested in property at Club Marena he's your guy. There was a nomad here who bought the penthouse and I'm positive he was the listing agent. I've known Larry ever since he came down from Colorado, about five years. Nice guy.

I'd double triple check anything he, or any other agent claimed about one of their listings, but...

He's still a nice guy. :biggrin:

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 03:30 PM

Quote:

E4= "E4 is a group of qualified Lawyers in the Federal and State of Baja jurisdiction, directed by Eduardo Rosales, Attorney at Law." http://www.e4mx.com/

Sounds impressive. With these guys looking out for your interests, how could you lose? :rolleyes:

See if you can record the meeting

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

E4= "E4 is a group of qualified Lawyers in the Federal and State of Baja jurisdiction, directed by Eduardo Rosales, Attorney at Law." http://www.e4mx.com/

Sounds impressive. With these guys looking out for your interests, how could you lose? :rolleyes:

See if you can record the meeting
LOL.

[Edited on 6-30-2011 by Woooosh]

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 05:43 PM
I'd think their intentions are obvious

Quote:
I'm more interested in their future intentions since our concession is just 30 meters from there.

They intend to sell to any dumb schmuck willing to buy.

I don't fault them. It's their nature. Just like sharks. If you're expecting to reform these people hell will freeze over.

Rosales

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 07:31 PM
Playa Bonita Building

Hello:
This is Eduardo Rosales, Attorney at Law for Condominium Playa Bonita, at Rosarito Baja Mexico.
Please disclose the name of the person who started this misinformation to the public. As the company’s attorney, I can assure that everything is in order, as to the title, permits, etc, in respect to this building. The property is not in the federal zone and we have the adequate documents to probe it. Anyone who wants to know about this project and see the documents is welcome to stop by my office and verify that everything is in place. The condominium is an open book. There is nothing to hide. Everything is transparent and legal. My email address is: rosalesandassociates@hotmail.com. Anyone interested, we can meet to clarify any question in this respect. Otherwise, under Mexican Law, defamation has legal ramifications to whomever is the author of this misinformation. Respectfully: Eduardo Rosales, Attorney at Law.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 07:37 PM

:P:lol:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 08:42 PM

Posted by Rosales:
["Playa Bonita Building
Hello:
This is Eduardo Rosales, Attorney at Law for Condominium Playa Bonita, at Rosarito Baja Mexico.
Please disclose the name of the person who started this misinformation to the public. As the company’s attorney, I can assure that everything is in order, as to the title, permits, etc, in respect to this building. The property is not in the federal zone and we have the adequate documents to probe it. Anyone who wants to know about this project and see the documents is welcome to stop by my office and verify that everything is in place. The condominium is an open book. There is nothing to hide. Everything is transparent and legal. My email address is: rosalesandassociates@hotmail.com. Anyone interested, we can meet to clarify any question in this respect. Otherwise, under Mexican Law, defamation has legal ramifications to whomever is the author of this misinformation. Respectfully: Eduardo Rosales, Attorney at Law."]

=============================

Welcome to BajaNomads Rosales! We have several other attorneys and self proclaimed Baja legal experts active here and we very much welcome your current and future participation!

Most all of us here want Baja real estate to prosper and for our own investments here to increase in value. For the real estate industry to rebound in Baja, it must be done legally and properly in order to rebuild trust with the US and Canadian investors these projects are designed for. The most recent investment disaster at Trump Baja cannot be repeated- where US investors lost $30 Million due to land title problems.

We have discussed several other Rosarito condo properties including NAOS in Rosarito and have concluded that their land titles are valid. They had the same first response you did, but now they know from these postings that their land title is not being questioned. I hope you will discuss your basic position on this piece of land here and resolve this issue completely. As you seem to represent AMPI, all Rosarito Beach area Realtors will benefit from your information.

There are several open threads about Baja Rosarito Land Title problems, one mentions this particular condo building, and is openly discussed and answered by one of our real estate experts, Ramuna53:

"Yes of course I know about that problem and I advised the authorities about that particular problem several years ago and you know by their inaction that the problem building just finished construction. The guy who is talking in the video, is fundamentally wrong about one thing, the building is not inside the Federal Zone, because it is out of the Federal zone legal line (The sea took ground after the legal line was established in 1976 because of the CFE breakwater); I know that the building looks, like just on top of the beach, but the Federal zone legal line is west of the building and that is why Federal Zone can not intervene.

(Woooosh note: Ramuna53 was not aware that in 2009 PROFEPA moved the FMZ line all the way to the street, Paseo del Mar- and in 2010 SEMARNAT began issuing Federal Titles that include portions of the street)

The real reason that building is wrong, is because it is in National Land being subjected at this time, to a sale procedure by the SRA, file 507710 by the National Land office, being legally sold to another person, not related to the guy who built the tower and that is true also for the other beach front towers south of there.

I will give you one of the best advices I can give for your problem, look for an engineer named Daniel Martinez Chavira at the Engineers club in Rosarito and use him as your expert witness, he is one of the best technical experts in the Rosarito's Federal Zone and once he is on your side, he will fight like a dog for you, without making any concessions; he know that particular area problem very well and is very respected in Rosarito by all Rosarito’s authorities. He is authorized by the Federal Zone and all the Baja courts as a technical expert, he won the CFE against the ejido case and most of the big cases in Rosarito."

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=50209

I hope Ramuna53 will add more detail. The fact that this building cuts the public beach in two and blocks emergency services north to south is indicative of a problem.

Did you see this denuncia video to PROFEPA about the same problem in a larger section of beach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aeHsf0h-3Q

[Edited on 7-6-2011 by Woooosh]

jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 09:08 PM

Sorry, we don't want to be probed.

John
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
and is openly discussed and answered by one of our real estate experts, Ramuna53:

You just hung yourself:lol:

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 09:43 PM

Heres my two cents:

Back in 1982 el niño, there use to be a whole row of buildings precisely where those condos are now, and they where legit. After el niño, about 90% of buildings where completely damaged and almost all owners did not build again at the risk of having their investment destroyed again. A few buildings did not get as damaged as most others, and they where rebuilt by their owners even do such properties are clearly at higher risk of being destroyed by the sea in a storm.

I don't think these properties are illegal, but i do think they are at far more risk of getting damaged in a storm because the shore is a lot closer than what it was back when those buildings where constructed. It appears the owners built a sea wall of huge rocks to protect the building from the sea, but in my personal experience, these do not work unless the wall is several hundred feet long and a lot higher and thicker.

We have a few buildings like this one in Playas de Tijuana, the owners have invested tons of money on walls, etc etc to prevent the sea from gaining ground, but it hasnt worked. The sea keeps getting closer every year.

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Heres my two cents:

Back in 1982 el niño, there use to be a whole row of buildings precisely where those condos are now, and they where legit. After el niño, about 90% of buildings where completely damaged and almost all owners did not build again at the risk of having their investment destroyed again. A few buildings did not get as damaged as most others, and they where rebuilt by their owners even do such properties are clearly at higher risk of being destroyed by the sea in a storm.

I don't think these properties are illegal, but i do think they are at far more risk of getting damaged in a storm because the shore is a lot closer than what it was back when those buildings where constructed. It appears the owners built a sea wall of huge rocks to protect the building from the sea, but in my personal experience, these do not work unless the wall is several hundred feet long and a lot higher and thicker.

We have a few buildings like this one in Playas de Tijuana, the owners have invested tons of money on walls, etc etc to prevent the sea from gaining ground, but it hasnt worked. The sea keeps getting closer every year.

Thanks Jesse. Yeah- the ocean always wins. The Federal Zone line in that area is now a few feet into Paseo del Mar, the street behind that row of nino-impacted houses (and the condo tower). The federal zone line is marked with a nail driven into the pavement with a piece of red tape (in front of the malecon mural). The owner of the Villas del Mar fracciamiento is alleged to be re-selling these lots after the original owners abandoned them- but many of these lots are already are in Federal Concessions held by neighbors. If it is not Federal Zone now- why is SEMARNAT issuing Federal Titles for land next to the condo? How can one lot now be private with escritus and the one next to it a Federal Zone concesson? It's either on one side of the FMZ line or the other, no?

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 10:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Heres my two cents:

Thanks Jesse. Yeah- the ocean always wins. The Federal Zone line in that area is now a few feet into Paseo del Mar, the street behind that row of nino-impacted houses (and the condo tower). The federal zone line is marked with a nail driven into the pavement with a piece of red tape (in front of the malecon mural). The owner of the Villas del Mar fracciamiento is alleged to be re-selling these lots after the original owners abandoned them- but many of these lots are already are in Federal Concessions held by neighbors. If it is not Federal Zone now- why is SEMARNAT issuing Federal Titles for land next to the condo? How can one lot now be private with escritus and the one next to it a Federal Zone concesson? It's either on one side of the FMZ line or the other, no?

Most owners abandoned those properties, but the question is, what if an owner didn't abandon its property, or sold it to someone else? can SEMARNAT take away someones property after natural disaster? i am going with no, they cant take aways someones property. But, regardless of that, the property is indeed in an area that devaluates its value. So??

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 6-29-2011 at 10:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Heres my two cents:

Most owners abandoned those properties, but the question is, what if an owner didn't abandon its property, or sold it to someone else? can SEMARNAT take away someones property after natural disaster? i am going with no, they cant take aways someones property. But, regardless of that, the property is indeed in an area that devaluates its value. So??

I don't think you can RE-sell land once it is in the Federal Zone and a Federal Title has been issued. And if you re-sell it to a third party- who now has the title? The original buyer from the fracc. owner, the second buyer of the same land from the fracc. owner or the new Federal Title holder? I think Ramuna53 blamed this specific problem on erosion from the PeMex breakwater- but El Nino is the same. Once the land is gone to the ocean it is gone though. The big rocks can buy you some time- but they can cause problems for the properties around them by accelerating their erosion as you can see in the photo below from winter 2010. (The water is actually eroding under the street and you can see the sidewalk has collapsed)

Link to 2010 Winter Storm Photo

Link to aerial map displaying current FMZ concessions

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 09:47 AM

http://www.bajarealestategroup.net/baja_real_estate/detail/1...

"Sorry - this listing is not currently available"

... and the For Sale signs have been taken down.

Nice job Rosales! I had someone send Rosales an e-mail with the exact Federal Zone Co-ordinates for the existing FMZ concession next the the condo tower. Hopefully he is researching the Federal Zone and Land Title issues completely, which is a very very good thing.

I hope Rosales will respond with words about the process he is taking and contribute here, but his actions speak loudly so far. There is indeed a glimmer of hope for US and Canadian Real Estate investors here. It would seem AMPI and Baja Realtors are taking Land Title issues (at least his one) very seriously and I for one very much appreciate them taking a deep breath during the sales process to evaluate the sale of these condos.

Saludos Rosales y Gracias!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 10:06 AM

http://www.imagebam.com/image/3d8e92138578438

why in the world would they pour money into this spot? is it drug money being laundered? who would attempt to build in such an oceanfront location????

the new marine room, baja style!

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.