BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Diane Gibbs (Realty Executives) a Leading Rosarito Realtor charged with $4 Million "Esmeralda del Mar" Fraud
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 09:18 AM
Diane Gibbs (Realty Executives) a Leading Rosarito Realtor charged with $4 Million "Esmeralda del Mar" Fraud

I'm guessing that is 4 million pesos, but the article says dollars and I'm not sure if these were lots, condos, or purchase deposits. 10 American investors are suing Diane Gibbs. Problem has been ongoing for 6 years (the peak of the real estate boom) and the Americans got the US Consulate involved. Article says they tried to shut down her office down the past six months, but she continues to operate under a name "The Office".

http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/07072...

ROSARITO, Baja California(PH)
El fraude superior a los 4 millones de dólares cometido a compradores de lo que sería el complejo turístico La Esmeralda, aun se encuentra vigente y la abogada de los afectados pidió a las autoridades que cumplan con el ofrecimiento de fincar responsabilidades penales a la empresa defraudadora.

Mónica Gutiérrez, representante de diez estadounidenses compradores de unidades en ese lugar, expuso que desde hace seis meses, el Ayuntamiento se comprometió a presentar una denuncia penal en contra de Diane Gibss, quien a través de la empresa Realty Executives, perpetró los fraudes, y lo peor es que al parecer la empresa sigue operando bajo el nombre de “La Oficina”, sin que nadie le ponga un alto.

Precisó que el Ayuntamiento se comprometió a dar seguimiento a la denuncia que ellos interpusieron en contra de esta persona por fraude, pero no ha pasado nada sobre este asunto.

“A mí me da vergüenza con los americanos el tener que explicarles que el sistema de justicia aquí es muy lento y que incluso si no se puede notificar a una persona físicamente, el proceso no avanza”, y algo así al parecer está ocurriendo en este caso.

La representante legal refirió que sus clientes tienen casi 5 años con este problema y en esta ocasión el Consulado Americano está por confirmar su participación en este asunto.

Aceptó que el Ayuntamiento dentro de todo este lío jurídico, puede hacer muy poco, y lo único que se les está pidiendo es que cumplan con el seguimiento de la demanda que ellos interpusieron en contra de la persona referida, para que se ejecute la orden judicial y ésta pueda ser detenida y que paguen por el fraude que se cometió.

This chart from the City of Rosarito shows identified real estate projects with "Problems" in 2010 coded into red, yellow and green. "Esmeralda Del Mar" score a Red F-0:

http://www.rosarito.gob.mx/rosaritov/fraccionamientos.aspx

[Edited on 7-8-2011 by Woooosh]

[Edited on 7-8-2011 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 02:26 PM
Her Website is Still Up and Running

http://www.dianegibbs.com/

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 03:18 PM

I happen to have a new best pal who works in Rosarito, lives down here now, but a resident of Rosarito in the past and has worked for Gibbs in the past as well. She says Gibbs is one of the most vile persons she has ever encountered and was elated when she read Woooosh's post.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
http://www.dianegibbs.com/

I love that the site has a quote from Baja Daily News (wtrf?) that has a link to the article: "Baja California was excluded from US risk warning. by Baja Daily News (BDN) on 04/27/11". Where's the link to protect US and Canadian investors from her?
:saint:

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 08:40 PM
Yeah, Well, Diane is Another Colourful Baja Character

She was pleasant to us when she thought she was going to business with us and then when we were not happy, she cut us loose.

She has a history with Bobby of Bobby's by the Sea. According to hearsay, they shared a home and property that he took over.

She was in trouble with the Mexican authorities and (once again hearsay) and moved to La Paz for a while, about twelve years ago.

Approximately ten years ago, the local immigration senior officer in Rosarito, Juan Carlos Torres, was trying to get her deported.

Most recently, we see her in Splash restaurant. She never makes eye contact.

—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 08:49 PM
Good to know

............At Realty Executives Gibbs and Associates, we don't believe in just making a sale. The laws in Mexico are very clear and protect all parties when requirements are met under the protection of the law. We walk you through the whole process of the transaction with qualified lawyers and notaries in Mexico legally protecting you. Both Buyers and Sellers achieve a win-win closing........

http://www.puertonuevo.com/16143/41501.html

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 08:50 PM

Where's Jenny N. when we need her. I'd like to know all about Gibbs.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 08:55 PM

Quote:
She was pleasant to us when she thought she was going to business with us and then when we were not happy, she cut us loose.

She has a history with Bobby of Bobby's by the Sea. According to hearsay, they shared a home and property that he took over.

She was in trouble with the Mexican authorities and (once again hearsay) and moved to La Paz for a while, about twelve years ago.

Approximately ten years ago, the local immigration senior officer in Rosarito, Juan Carlos Torres, was trying to get her deported.

Most recently, we see her in Splash restaurant. She never makes eye contact.

She was very nice to us when we were shopping for property eight or so years ago. She showed us a few possibilities, we just couldn't agree on price. It's too bad she went over to the dark side if that' what went down.

It was the heyday down here when this event happened. Huge money was coming down out of peoples Home Equity lines. Many of these projects looked good on paper. But when the buyers stopped a lot of projects stalled or worse. All of them have someone's money in them. I don't know the details of Esmeralda Del Mar, but there are 70- unfinished projects in the TJ- Ensenada corridor.

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 09:04 PM
Las Ventanas, Near Puerto Nuevo

Was her flagship, high-end boutique development.

Million dollar condos in Baja. (Please forgive me - har, har, har!)

Most who invested are trying to sell out, even at a great loss.

—Mark Twain

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Was her flagship, high-end boutique development.

Million dollar condos in Baja. (Please forgive me - har, har, har!)

Most who invested are trying to sell out, even at a great loss.

Yeah, I got the sales plug for those homes. Very nice homes in a nice location from a famous Orange County builder for $1Million. The poor man's Newport Beach just south of Puerto Nuevo. Pretty oceanfront community homes for sure- did they sell out?
:saint:

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 10:21 PM
"Flipping" A Term for Making a Fast Profit on a Real Estate Devolment

I do not know how you go about" flipping". but do think that the people who invested in Las Ventanas are not happy now.

[Edited on 7-9-2011 by Gypsy Jan]

—Mark Twain

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
tjBill
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 10:22 PM

Too bad. I remember she was the one the Union Tribune quoted when talking about Baja real estate.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 10:44 PM

Jan.........is her daughter still selling down there???. About 7 years ago the daughter took us around and showed us some places.

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 07:37 AM
Hi, bajaguy

The last thing I know about Diane's daughter (and the granddaughter) is that several years ago, the daughter opened up a branch office of Realty Executives in Ensenada and that the granddaughter was enrolled in school there.

—Mark Twain

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 09:57 AM

Boy some of you guys are pretty tough...I have known and liked Diane for over 15 years...she has always treated us very well. We have never done any business with her but know people who have and were very happy. Jan, she did not move to La paz but to Mulege with Ray Lima, they married there and then that fell apart and she returned to Rosarito. If folks bought at the high end of the bubble and now are stuck with negative equity they seem to want to blame someone for their misfortune. I think it may be way to early to blame Diane when I doubt any of you know the "facts'

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry28
Boy some of you guys are pretty tough...I have known and liked Diane for over 15 years...she has always treated us very well. We have never done any business with her but know people who have and were very happy. Jan, she did not move to La paz but to Mulege with Ray Lima, they married there and then that fell apart and she returned to Rosarito. If folks bought at the high end of the bubble and now are stuck with negative equity they seem to want to blame someone for their misfortune. I think it may be way to early to blame Diane when I doubt any of you know the "facts'

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah yeah, they are all nice until you do business with them. She must have friends like you out there or the story would have been printed in English somewhere. Rosarito is a snake pit of sleazy Realtors and bad land titles. These are the people who killed the goose that laid the golden egg. This is the first time the US consulate got involved and she has had five years to resolve the problem with these American investors. Too much smoke for there not to be a fire. Nice try though.

[Edited on 7-9-2011 by Woooosh]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge

"...Chief Economist for the National Association of Realtors..."

Thanks for the great advice, David!

Just another dirt pimp. Nothing more.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by ridge

"...Chief Economist for the National Association of Realtors..."

Thanks for the great advice, David!

Just another dirt pimp. Nothing more.

"Dirt pimp" you crack me up yo'! :lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
"Dirt pimp" you crack me up yo'! :lol:

I stole that from someone here a few years back.

CWCD....Credit where credit's due.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 02:38 PM

What a cool photo composition. "Spills the Beans"?

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.