BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mexican school children not being allowed to enter US without visas.
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2002 at 11:23 PM

Minnow -
I haven't a clue what you mean by the bible being taught in mexican public school. They do concentrate on the basics from the very beginning. I think the biggest difference is that they don't put up with a lot of malarky from students. If a kid doesn't want to be there and he's disruptive he's out. It makes a world of difference.

As far as eyeing the competition, globalization is so far advanced in everything that if you can't work in a team environment with a variety of other nationalities these days your not going to make it. You must know that - you went to Cal Poly SLO didn't you? (just curious)

DK -
Maybe there's something here I'm not getting. Does your daughter now need a visa to go to TJ or Ensenada?

'Guys - I'll read your reponses but probably won't respond - got a big day tomorrow. It's been fun. Take care.

Braulio

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-8-2002 at 08:02 AM

In my post, I said visas required south of Maneadero (fact), Tijuana and Ensenada are north of Maneadero. However, stays longer than 72 hrs. require a visa ANYWHERE in Mexico. Again Braulio, this was a paridy of Steph's post just to show Mexico also has visa requirements. Have a cool weekend, I'm off to Baja (with my $21 visa).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 11-8-2002 at 02:48 PM
Bible in school

I meant exactly that. The bible is taught in mexican schools. I think this is a good thing. You are right also in that they don't put up with crap from kids who don't want to be there. This gives the ones that do a chance to learn. Yes, I went to Cal Poly SLO. I guess I'm just lucky. I have always enjoyed your informative posts, by the way.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2002 at 05:41 PM

Braulio, Yes you are correct that Mexican schools are not at all bible based. Only in parochial schools is the bible taught - just like in the United States. Many people don't understand that Mexico, like the US, has a strict seperation of church and state. Getting away from church control of the government was a lynch pin of what their war of Independence was all about. That seperation, since 1915, has always extended to federal schools. -Stephanie
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 11-8-2002 at 06:05 PM
HAHAHA

That is my biggest problem with you. You take a small portion of the issue and respond only to it. I didn't say mexican schools we BIBLE BASED. I said they Teach the Bible in Mexican schools. American schools are afraid to. I am involved with a school in Mexico, know what I am talking about. Read carefully before you attack.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.