Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: For Rent In San Nicolas B.C.S.,
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 01:32 PM
For Rent In San Nicolas B.C.S.,

On the coast just South and East of Bahia Concepcion

five minutes from the mouth of this arroyo . . .

is this one hectare Ranch with lots of sweet water . . .

with fertile soil . . .

a dwelling with potential

and shaded areas for motorhomes.

Located on the high dry side of town, with a 45 minute dirt road drive to get in . . .

$1,500.00 USD per year.

I´m showing this for my friend Raymundo Vargas, resident owner on this ranch last nineteen years, Loreto resident now.

U2U me with questions or comments, should you choose.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 02:40 PM

ohhhh it looks so beautiful .... and that is a great price.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 04:38 PM

So, north side of the arroyo?

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 04:40 PM

Hey Amigo, never been out there altho I always look for the turnoff driving thru. Met an older guy in Asuncion that haqd lived there many years until maybe 10 yrs ago moving to Pacific coast. They tell me it's beautiful but like many Cortes side locales mucho viento y mucho calor! What's your take ? Gracias, Tio

[Edited on 7-24-2011 by tiotomasbcs]
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 07:48 PM

Had a place there for years, 30-40 days a year in cooler times. Yup, it is the Gulf side with all that comes with it. There are some wonderful families there, and a couple gringos that bear watching.

Nothing is safe in the arroyo, but hell, if you didn't own the house what would you have to lose.

The water only got 4' deep here, but that piece of slab...I formed it up 30' upstream! Because of the changes in the streambed with Julio, the next time is going to be rougher on the south side of the arroyo at Huero's Huerta.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 09:26 PM

Droped into San Nicolas a number of times over time from the water. Drug an 18 foot panga in a number of times and camped while fishing in the area. Still, really don´t know it on a personal level.

It is hot. I know the neighbors house . . . a woman lived there 5 years and the place is sweet and comfortable with flowers screens and shade. Could be made into something similar. Not for everyone. Drive in, somewhat isolated, but a couple looking for inexpensive digs . . . not good but great fishing and more. Water is truely good. Room for animals and certainly gardens. Would need a couple of a special nature.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 09:54 PM

ooohh, San Nicholas (sigh...) San Nichol-AHH-sss...!

Its one of the really, truly unspoiled areas of Baja, very remote and a world away from time as we know it. The people are gentle, quiet and respectful folk who live simply from the land with cattle or lima beans ("habas" as they're called here in Baja) on their ranches or gently harvesting the sea.

For someone wishing a complete getaway from the hustle of life, this is the place! Yes, its hella hot in the summer but the other 8 months of the year the area is a pure delight, a world apart yet only a couple hours from Loreto, Mulege or the mountain villages of La Purissima and San Isidro.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2011 at 10:44 AM

gently harvesting the sea.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pangeros of San Nicolas' Bay don't even bother to hide their illegal nets which are strewn all over the beaches, nor do they hide their SAS compressors for night diving. Not withstanding that Skeet still sees a Gulf full of fish, my last few efforts to catch a little Cabrilla for dinner in the usual way were not worth the effort.

The difference in ethical use of the resources between San Nicolas Bay and Bahia Asuncion is crystal clear!

Gently harvesting the sea is not an accurate representation in my experience.

Plus, Carlos Slim has bought up the south end of the bay, and another outfit is trying to sell all the land between there and the village. Their aerial photos are on Google Earth linked to the San Nicolas' area.

Bill Kauth

Baja Bucko
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2011 at 11:48 AM

Without much comment I would just say that in this area one needs to be very aware of the drug activity from across the golfo......:no:

My other 4WD is a Baja Mule!

La Mula Mil Survivor 2013-2014!
1000 miles by mule from the tip to Tecate!
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2011 at 01:14 PM

Sorry, on re-reading the "gently harvesting from the sea" comment, well it does sound smarmy.

Didn't intend to speculate on the socio-political/economic climate of the region.

I've always enjoyed visiting the village and dropping by family who live there.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-25-2011 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena

Its one of the really, truly unspoiled areas of Baja, very remote and a world away from time as we know it. The people are gentle, quiet and respectful folk who live simply from the land with cattle or lima beans ("habas" as they're called here in Baja) on their ranches or gently harvesting the sea.

For someone wishing a complete getaway from the hustle of life, this is the place! Yes, its hella hot in the summer but the other 8 months of the year the area is a pure delight, a world apart yet only a couple hours from Loreto, Mulege or the mountain villages of La Purissima and San Isidro.

Sounds pretty much like a "socio-political/economic climate of the region" comment to me :rolleyes:

And the whole thing ...."well it does sound smarmy."

I have been there and thought San Sebastion offered more as a location....and both places have their share of mota pangas.

Don't believe everything you think....
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2011 at 06:01 PM

As this drifts to the seedy side, I want to make clear that there are some really fine families in San Nicolas', and I miss them one and all. I have some pretty sore memories of being kicked when I was down after Julio, but I don't think it was Mexicanos who took my stuff. My Mexican neighbors came to BUY what they could of what was left when I got there. They got good deals!!!;D

[Edited on 7-26-2011 by vgabndo]

Bill Kauth

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2011 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bucko
Without much comment I would just say that in this area one needs to be very aware of the drug activity from across the golfo......:no:

I was in town for less than 10 minutes when I was approached by a young man with bad teeth who wanted to know if I wanted to buy any pot; said he could get me "anything".
He looked like Meth had worked him over.

Nice place otherwise.
Met some nice gringos and know some that spend much time there.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.