Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Import Mail Services
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 8-20-2011 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
But the website is all bells and whistles with no details.

What are the details and back up to your claim to serve "All of Baja, 1000 Miles"?

Who is your guarantor?

Gee, it must be annoying when someone asks questions about unverified, exaggerated declarations.

:

I find the website to be easy to navigate and very explicit in the costs and details. Not sure where the "unverified, exaggerated declarations" are, maybe I missed them. Maybe you didn't check all the links/pages. I've dealt with Chris and Mariz plenty over the past year and I'm sure that anything they are involved with will be first class. I think this is a much needed service in BC.
Mariz
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2011 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Got That, Mariz. Great!

So for the remote villages of the Pacific central coast, there's an agent in Vizcaino and in Guerrero Negro.

Another question, Mariz. The agent will hold our mail/packages for how long, please? I ask because, as they say "Its a long way to Tupareri". In other words, making the trip to either location is still a looong waay.

That being said, I really think this is a great plan!

I checked with Estafeta and they will hold your packages for up to 10 days.
Also the address of Estafeta in Mulege is:
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 136.
Their phone (Cell) is 615-155-2338
Which is basically right off the highway as you came into Mulege.

Great, flavorful food in a tranquil environment! http://www.saborloreto.com
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2011 at 05:56 PM
Estefeta Vizcaino

Found it!

For Nomads in the Central Pacific Coast area.

There are actual signs guiding customers to their location, so having a bit of time & definite interest I followed the proverbial breadcrumbs, and voila! I came upon an actual brick and mortar storefront.

At the corner on the highway by the building supply stores Viasol and La Commercial there is the first sign "Estefeta" with an arrow. Go one block (east), you'll see another sign on your left; turn there (north) & go one block to the next arrow and turn right (east) to the store 1/2 block on your right.

Office hours are posted and a hand-lettered sign "Servicio a todo republica y Estados Unidos" or something to that affect.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-24-2011 at 07:44 PM

Congratulations, Mari!

I have included this topic in "my favorites" section of Bajanomad for future reference. :)
Tony

Mariz
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2011 at 06:33 AM

Thank you toneart!

We got some great news this morning!

We received a price reduction on items weighing more than 6 lbs.

We were charging $1.75 USD per pound for items over 6 lbs., we can now offer a price of $1.25 USD per pound.

This will save $10.00 on a 26 lbs. package.

The website has been updated with the new pricing.

Thank you.

Mariz
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2011 at 05:24 PM

We are offering a "Season Special"!

6 Months of mail and package service for the cost of 5...1 Month free!
That's November 2011 to April 30, 2012

In the Loreto area that's $75.00 for 6 months of weekly service. Free month applies to all of Baja, cost and delivery schedule vary depending on your location. Check the website for more info. http://www.bajaimportmail.com

Hurry and sign up before October 15th as it takes a few days to get you all set up.

Mention "BajaNomad" to get your free month.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

[Edited on 9-30-2011 by Mariz]

Mariz
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2011 at 05:16 PM

Hola Nomads,

We have some great news for 2012.

New lower prices on packages from the US. Average is about 10% less than last year.

Free document service to the US and Canada. You pay only US postage form our facility in Laredo, TX to final destination. Now you can send your letters, cards, documents, photos, etc. to the US for only the cost of a US stamp. This service is limited to monthly customers only.

Thank you and Happy New Year

Mari

[Edited on 1-1-2012 by Mariz]

oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2012 at 02:36 PM

I had the occasion to use Baja Import Mail Service recently for delivery of a new keyboard, and I give them a thumbs up.

Mariz kept me updated by email while awaiting delivery and she makes the process very easy.

I ordered the keyboard online and it was delivered to their office in Laredo TX. The import tax was determined and I was informed of the total for import and shipping (she will give you an estimate of the costs ahead of time also). She estimated 10-14 days to deliver to my nearest Estafeta office and even over the holidays, it arrived in 12 days I think.

The Mac wireless keyboard was $69, import tax $11, and shipping $54. No friends or neighbors were coming down in the near future that could have transported it, so I'm glad to have this option.

Also found out that Estafeta has an authorization form you can fill out to give permission for someone other than yourself to pick up the package. This will be a handy option since our closest Estafeta office is far away and we don't go in to town regularly and often share "town errands" amongst neighbors .

Tip: Remove the batteries from your wireless keyboard before you attempt to clean it with alcohol.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.