Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: security camera's
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 8-26-2011 at 11:26 AM
security camera's

Has anyone tried hooking up security camera's on their house in Baja. I am not really thinking about the security aspect rather than just being able to check in remotley from time to time and make sure all is ok. I also thought it would be cool to look at the beach when i am stuck here in NOB. I started thinking about it when we had some damage to the house after a storm.

I realize there are a ton of logistical challenges but I thought I would throw out the idea to use the expertise of someone that has already done it.

I idea would be to get a system I could view remotley, meaning from my computer in Encinitas, when we are away.

We are completly off the grid, however we have satalite internet, and the solar system is making power, we do keep power going to the house for things like the fridge and there would be plenty of power to run the system while we are away. I could probably keep the sat on or schedule it to turn on from time to time to send images???

Has anyone done anything like this out there?
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2011 at 12:06 PM

I have not done it but I have seen it done. I had to do a starband re-aim over on the west coast, and he had security cameras set up and his system was all solar. He could check for pictures that his security camera had recorded from his home in Del Mar. I might be able to find his contact info. He was one of those really smart computer people.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-26-2011 at 01:26 PM

CC me, Larry, when you find out:bounce:

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2011 at 09:13 PM

do you know any teens ? they can figure anything out.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Oggie
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 8-26-2011 at 09:18 PM

I just saw a IP internet camera at Costco in Carlsbad. I think it was called "the Mole" for $198.00.

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Knights of Pythagoras

Funny how falling feels like flying
for a little while - Bad Blake
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-27-2011 at 04:38 AM

your source is local at burro beach

http://sonrisanet.org/WebCam.htm

this guy has it "wired"

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-27-2011 at 09:55 AM

just put in a 16 cam system for the resort's new phase at Havasu.
all cams home run to the DVR and do not need sep line power - the single cable to each also provides LV power like USBs do.
the DVR then interfaces with the broad band internet and gets an IP addy.

Result is anyone on property so empowered can go the the website that IS the the 16 cams with a password/typ stuff, and see any of the cams, or let it rotate them like a slide show.

These systems area all over the internet sellers prices all over the map.
ours was about $4K but that was turn-key included all the conduit [comm'l job had to be in armor cable, a typ of flex conduit] and all the cam wiring incl several long runs to the DVR and bldg server room.
You can buy smaller DIY systems with all hardware resid grade for a few hundreds.
i think Costco sells them.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-29-2011 at 05:36 AM
WOOT

Check this out:

http://www.woot.com/

measomsan
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2011 at 06:00 AM

have an eight camera system in Cabo. I sit in my office in Houston and watch the house. No life...cost about $ 600.00 from Costco. Online only. Will email you when there is movement on property...

www.q-see.com
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-29-2011 at 06:17 AM

This a good source for most all that you might need and the pricing is always good. But you really need to know what you want, before you buy.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/Surveillance-Video/ci/3...

Here's the link to the surveillance kits. You can sort by price, low to high, to fit your budget.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Camera-Packages/ci/3672/N/...

[Edited on 8-29-2011 by Hook]
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2011 at 07:20 AM

We have a security camera system in La Paz and the only wrinkle when viewing remotely is that when the power goes off, even for a brief period, your monitor will disconnect itself from the cameras and you have to manually enter the program again. So when there is a storm, you might not get to watch the action.

Last year we bought a battery back-up system at Costco and so far either we have had no power outages in La Paz all summer, OR we have had outages and the battery power keeps the monitor running, as I can still see everything remotely from Vancouver.

Costco sells good security camera systems, with everything you need in one box for 699.00-899.00. I bought a system from them this summer up in Canada and put it together myself in a couple of hours and use LogMeIn to view it remotely.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.