Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
estebanis
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:24 PM
I have a question?

So now that we are hearing they are going to recover. What happens to the bad guys who did this? Does Ron and his wife have to live in fear of reprisals? This whole thing sucks in so many ways!
Esteban

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by estebanis]
Oggie
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:24 PM

I am heading to Bahia de los Angeles on Friday. I would be happy to bring down anything that's needed, including family or supplies.

U2U for my cell #

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Knights of Pythagoras

Funny how falling feels like flying
for a little while - Bad Blake
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:28 PM

@baja1943 : as far as we know Velmar hospital has an MRI, so does Sanatorio Del Carmen, in both the prices are pretty high up there but I guess in an emergency those are your known options so far :)

@ Angel, don't hesitate to call me if you need anything here in Ensenada!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baja1943
For future reference where would one go to get a MRI scan in Ensenada?

There are several very good places to go in fact my brother in law probably had the best. He also has a cat scan. What gets me is that the IMSS Hospital send patients by ambulance to his business on Cortez for tests. They don't have the machines that he does.
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:33 PM

Yes, sirenita. My phone has international coverage so I should be checking messages. I talked to your beautiful mom today. Sending her a FB request and you too. A million thanks for all that you've done. What a loving heart you have. You both made me a believer again. We visited Ron and Cristina last month with our two little boys and they were very sad when we had to leave. They love San Quintin... -Laura
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Can someone near San Quintin check on their home and secure it... if it isn't too late? Perhaps there are others in that group of homes who are also there now and already taking care of Ron's place and any pets they have?

I just read of this horrific incident perpetuated on our amigo Ron and his wife. I phoned my "family" in San Quintin and they are in fact keeping an eye on Ron's home. My friend and his brother discovered Ron and one gave chase while his brother stayed with Ron and phoned police.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:45 PM

More good news... 73 :):)

angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:47 PM

sanquintinsince73- Can you please find out if Ron's dogs are ok. I want to stop and pickup food for them before we head down south. I am worried about them too. I hope they are unharmed. They are Ron and Cristinas's fur Babies and I want to know that they are fine. (Your brother probably knows mine. His house is a few feet away from Ron's house.) Just want to take any needed food for the dogs.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:51 PM

now that all seem to be mending OK,... what really happened? stories say theft-interrupted, car-jacking, massive trauma, just-a-flesh-wound, etc. ??????????????
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
sanquintinsince73- Can you please find out if Ron's dogs are ok. I want to stop and pickup food for them before we head down south. I am worried about them too. I hope they are unharmed. They are Ron and Cristinas's fur Babies and I want to know that they are fine. (Your brother probably knows mine. His house is a few feet away from Ron's house.) Just want to take any needed food for the dogs.

I will make a phone call right now. Also, I will u2u location and names of Ron's neighbors.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:00 PM

Ok, I'm back. Call it whatever you want but there was a lot of prayer activity and that is very, very powerful!
I personaly spoke with Ron's daughter Christine and now have her direct phone number so does she have mine. I will be calling her again. First I introduced myself to her, told her I was friends with her dad and so on....... I told her about the ambulance with IC care that I had ready to go at her indication and also mentioned the dollar support offered here to help pay for bills and such things..... Well, much to my surprize she told me that her dad was doing much better, they were going to disconect the breathing machine and that he sould be back home in about 3 days ( it did'nt sound like to San Quintin, maybe Ensenada, don't know). She told me that they had just finished paying over $5,000 dollars and that was for MRI's and other tests and to thank you all here at Baja Nomad for the support ad readyness to help her dad. Cristina is also doing much better and should also be out of the hospital soon.
So there was no MRI facility and now there is, along with other stuff previously mentioned and now all is well. "Prayer"
You all are a great group of people here, thank you so so much for keeping our friend and his wife in your prayers.

Respetuosamente
Fernando

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by fdt]

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:04 PM

a co worker called an old friend/ex cop in SQ and the story was Ron walked up to 2 or 3 guys who were breaking into a car. the cops have 2 guys taking the fall for the whole thing....

hang em high.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:05 PM

Ah paciencia cabron, we're still in recovery mode here amigo. I am very emotional with gratitude for the apparent near miss of a real tragedy. It appears we may soon have a first person explanation of the event. Wouldn't it be cool to wait for that? Others are anxious to share what they know, so you'll probably get your wish sooner rather than later.

Blessings amigos. It can happen anywhere.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73
Quote:
Originally posted by angels4

I will make a phone call right now. Also, I will u2u location and names of Ron's neighbors.

The dogs are being cared for by Ron's friend and partner, Reyes. Also, Reyes has posted a security guard/velador at Ron's house. Dog food would be appreciated.

güero
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Hospital del Carmen is on Obregon and 11th streets. Obregon is one block north of Ruiz. Ruiz is the street Hussongs is on. If you are giving blood go to the main entrance, up the stairs and the lab is there or at least it was five years ago. I have given blood there many times but I am not A pos.

Finding the hospital was easy. Thanks to everyone for directions. At the hospital they were very amable. As it turned out my blood is O positivo but they said it was not a problem to exchange it for the A+ blood that was used. They would only take one bag and they said Ron took two so if anyone else is in the neighborhood.... I know it's not much but I'm sure every little bit helps.

I was so happy to hear the updates!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:11 PM

i have the same O+. from what i know it is able to be used by nearly all blood types.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baja1943
For future reference where would one go to get a MRI scan in Ensenada?

There's an X-RAY lab in town which most facilities use. Can't recall the name, but it's available.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
so does Sanatorio Del Carmen,

Not sure about that. Maybe not.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
now that all seem to be mending OK,... what really happened? stories say theft-interrupted, car-jacking, massive trauma, just-a-flesh-wound, etc. ??????????????

That would be a good Thursday question, Goat.
wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:19 PM

Got to this thread late because I was away for the weekend. The confusion that comes with modern communication is impressive, kind of like the game post office on steroids. But one thing is a constant. The Nomads are good folks to know if you are in trouble. And Sirenita is the coolest, Shari you raised a great human being.
I hope I never need to send out an SOS, but if I do I hope the Nomads pick up on it.
Watching the Nomads at work can kind of restore your faith in humanity. Sometimes its hard to see during some of the petty squabbles but underneath this rough exterior there is a communal heart of gold.
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.