Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  21    23    25  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73
Reyes has posted a security guard/velador at Ron's house. Dog food would be appreciated.

Really?? I think he deserves a sack of McJesses too. Share 'em with the dogs. :biggrin:
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:24 PM

73 Thank you. We will call Reyes today. We have his info, he is a friend of my husband. I suspected he was all over it, but wanted to make sure. I will pick up a bag of food for the dogs and some McJessees for Reyes... Will need to find out if it is legal to cross the border with it LOL. Thank you all! I know I am a "newbie" nomad but I already feel a part of this community.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wsdunc
underneath this rough exterior there is a communal heart of gold.

I do believe you're right. Thanks for saying that.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
I know I am a "newbie" nomad but I already feel a part of this community.

Yeah...you really are. Stck around after all the dust settles and join our party. You'll like it.
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baja1943
For future reference where would one go to get a MRI scan in Ensenada?

Hospital Velmar is theonly one I am Familar with It is pretty much a Full service Hospital ,Emergency,Lab,Outpatient clinic
compared to the U.S. their fees were about as much as my Co Pay was.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:30 PM

Update:

I just spoke with Christine again, she says that unfortunatly at the hospital (Sanatorio del Carmen) they only take cash, and they paid all the cash they could get which was about $5000, but there is still 25000 pesos needed by tomorrow to cover the expenses of the blood transfusion and treatment that Ron is being given.
Christine and her husband could not cover this as they had no more cash and Del Carmen would NOT take a credit card.

She also told me that her dad was slowly being taken off the sedatives, that he can hear her but can not answer yet. Christine also reports that Ron is looking much better than Cristina as far as external injuries go.

Apparently they will be performing a surgery on Ron, but they are just waiting until he is successfully off of the breathing apparatus and off the sedatives, as well as the swelling needs to go down a bit more.

Thats all for now, I'll post more news as soon as I get it.

Big thanks to all nomads who are helping and sending prayers and positive vibes, I will now go spend a little while with my family as they are feeling a bit left out.:O:O:O

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:31 PM

Dennis- Absolutely you guys are not getting rid of me that easy. My wolf pack and I are unofficial Baja-nomads. Much love to all!
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
so does Sanatorio Del Carmen,

Not sure about that. Maybe not.

Christine assured me that they are performing routine MRI's on Ron at Sanatorio del Carmen...

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:34 PM

Thanks for the latest update Sirenita... Go enjoy your baby boy and your familia.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:34 PM

No Visa.....only cash. That's booolsht.
What will the bill be after they operate?
This is what I heard and was afraid of with this place.
Perhaps Ron needs to be liberated. I'm not gawwwdammm kiddin'.

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by DENNIS]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Christine assured me that they are performing routine MRI's on Ron at Sanatorio del Carmen...

At what cost?

We need to free this man. His benefactors are being milked dry.

I was told that Del Carmen didn't have MRI machines. Do they...in fact?

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
Crap can go down in such a split second. For gods sake people lets all think twice if we are ever in a bad situation!

In Tubares, Sinaloa - I literally was driven into a section of Mexico where problems happen and Police nor Military would have interveined. Some drunks called me the 'N' word, called one of the group members a name for being White, and proceeded to get their friends and their rifles to attack us.

These drunk lookouts for the Sinaloa Cartel had to be calmed down, and we got out of Tubares, Sin. before any of us were killed. For this reason, I am very careful when traveling either around town, here in the 'States, and out of the country. Fights can be lost, and the unexpected can always occur.

Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:43 PM

I can't wait to see that whacky face avatar of Rons on here again. I gave him a hard time about it years ago - but it cracks me up every time I see it. With a broken jaw he may not be able to talk - but hopefully he can type (when he feels up to it).

Way to go Nomads - This is exactly why I enjoy being a part of this community - everyone pulls together when needed.

angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 04:44 PM

My husband just talked to Reyes and he told him everything is under control down at Ron's house. No worries there, but we will still take food for the fur babies.
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 05:06 PM

As a relatively new "newbie" although I have been lurking for a long time I want to comment on what I just saw, and saw when Mike and Don-Kay needed help.

This site and you people are FRIGGIN (sorry, but needed) AWESOME.

I am very proud and totally in awe at the effort that was carried out by everyone.

Wow!!!

Cisco

(Hmmm. What would have happened on the U.S. side I wonder? Probably call FEMA).
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wsdunc

Watching the Nomads at work can kind of restore your faith in humanity. Sometimes its hard to see during some of the petty squabbles but underneath this rough exterior there is a communal heart of gold.

Is there ever!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
As a relatively new "newbie" although I have been lurking for a long time I want to comment on what I just saw, and saw when Mike and Don-Kay needed help.

I am very proud and totally in awe at the effort that was carried out by everyone.

Wow!!!

Cisco

all very true.

but on the US side the doctors will give care first and wait for your people to show up later, if ever..... and they won't hold you until someone pays the bill.

just a little different.

RichBaja
Banned

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Update:

I just spoke with Christine again, she says that unfortunatly at the hospital (Sanatorio del Carmen) they only take cash, and they paid all the cash they could get which was about $5000, but there is still 25000 pesos needed by tomorrow to cover the expenses of the blood transfusion and treatment that Ron is being given.
Christine and her husband could not cover this as they had no more cash and Del Carmen would NOT take a credit card.

She also told me that her dad was slowly being taken off the sedatives, that he can hear her but can not answer yet. Christine also reports that Ron is looking much better than Cristina as far as external injuries go.

Apparently they will be performing a surgery on Ron, but they are just waiting until he is successfully off of the breathing apparatus and off the sedatives, as well as the swelling needs to go down a bit more.

Thats all for now, I'll post more news as soon as I get it.

Big thanks to all nomads who are helping and sending prayers and positive vibes, I will now go spend a little while with my family as they are feeling a bit left out.:O:O:O

Please make sure Ron's daughter knows the exchange rates and to goto a bank to change dollars. It's close 13 pesos per dollar right now.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 05:29 PM

Is it possible that Ron has private US health insurance? Many companies do cover out of country care. It isn't always easy to get them to pay up, but if you are persistent they do.

Edit:
It is necessary to pay the bill in cash or by card if they accept it before leaving the hospital. but insurance companies will reimburse. The hang-up is that they want very detailed receipts-- American style and in Englis and US$. This is not always possible, as Mexican records are not formatted the same way as US hospital records. But they do still have to pay, and after much "discussion" they will come through.

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by Paula]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco

Wow!!!

Cisco

all very true.

but on the US side the doctors will give care first and wait for your people to show up later, if ever..... and they won't hold you until someone pays the bill.

just a little different.

the US hospitals now have reason to discharge patients ASAP: revised medicare will not reimburse hospitals for hospital-acquired infections,... if they had same law in mexico, they would send you home pronto with an IOU!

can a person really not walk out of a hospital w/o paying? what are they going to do, shoot you?
 Pages:  1  ..  21    23    25  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.