Pages:  1  ..  22    24    26  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
can a person really not walk out of a hospital w/o paying? what are they going to do, shoot you?

No, it's a hospital, they administer lethal injection.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 05:57 PM

I'm only the messenger, I was told by Christine that the total amount needed by tomorrow was 25000 pesos. I was also told by Christine that they have been performing MRI's on Ron, that they DO have an MRI machine in the hospital where Ron is being tended to.

I can not vouch for it as if I have seen it with my own eyes, I can only tell you what I've been told by the closest person at hand, which is Ron's daughter who has talked to the doctors first hand.

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:00 PM

I wonder if Christine has seen the films. If not, I would definitely ask.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:08 PM

and make sure they match the times the medical record states an MRI was performed, where, and by whom.

SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:22 PM

I don't know if she saw them or not, she sounded very confident tho...I believe that christine and her husband have gone back to the U.S. to arrange some finances and pick up her son...don't have more info on that part...

Visit me at
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:26 PM

I just spoke with Christine again and they / she did see the MRI's and everything. As sirenita wrote, they have left for the states to take care of more things. She said her dad was doing a lot better, a lot less swelling in the face and she did give me a sort of expense explanation on what moneys have been spent, on what and what more is needed.
I have to sign out for now but will post all these instructions in a few.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:27 PM

I just returned from the hospital to see Ron. When I got to his room the nurse asked if I was family and I told her yes and she wanted me to go and check in with the front desk nurse. I evade that and continued to ask her questions about Ron's condition. She immediately went to Ron's bed and suctioned some fluid from Ron's throat and seemed to not want to answer my questions. She was very rude....

Ron is in the same condition as this morning. He is not breathing on his own. His wrists are tied to the steel bed frame and the many IV's are still attached. I can't remember who posted that his condition has improved but this is false. He is in very bad shape as far as I'm concerned. He will not be released in a couple of days. There is no way! He will need a lot of help when he is eventually released and that could be a long time This is very serious. No, I did not speak to a doctor, he was not there for the hour I spent with him. No, I have no medical training but only a miracle will get him out of that place anytime soon. You don't need a doctor to tell me that. I saw it with my own eyes.

I asked the nurse if the doctor had ordered an MRI and if there was a MRI available. She told me that Ron has had a MRI but she evaded the question if there was a MRI at the hospital. After I left ICU I went to the front desk nurses station and questioned them about the MRI and they also evaded the question. They would not confirm if there was one.

Ron did not open his eyes while I was there and the nurse said he was sleeping. I question that as well. I think he is heavily medicated.

I hate to paint a bad picture with this post but it is what it is and it does not look good.

I will return tomorrow morning and check with him again. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I will not make it look better than what it is.
Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:33 PM

Lizard lips I want you on my side. Thanks for your truthful insight
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:38 PM

From the FWIW department. I asked a Mexican friend of mine from TJ call Sanatorio del Carmen to ask if they have an MRI machine (escaneador de resonancia magnética).

Answer? No. They recommended going to:

Doctor Burboa
646 176 2435

Ab Imagen
646 178 8110
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:38 PM

Lizard Lips, all the info that we've been posting has been only what has been communicated by Ron's daughter.
She did say that they continued to have Ron heavily sedated because every time they tried to decrease the sedation he would wake up in a frenzy trying to yank out all of the needles and tubes, hence the hands tied?
I can not say what state he is in, I know only what has been shared by Christine. Please do not accuse us as posting falsely, because we are only trying to help keep the people who care in the loop, and keep everyone on the same page...We have no way of knowing if what is told to us by Ron's daughter is true, or, for that matter what is told to her by the doctors...

Visit me at
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:44 PM

All I can say is that if it were me, I would be doing everything in my power to get Ron the heck out of there as fast as possible.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:47 PM

I am sorry to be reading all this just now after being gone all day BUT, I think it is terrible that Christine (daughter) went home to get funds instead of staying with dad.... we surely could have fronted the cash and dealt with the paying back later .....

lizard lips, your report is insightful. more prayers are really needed. One thing I have learned after many hospitals stays (my own and accompanying Les) is that you have to take it upon yourself to make sure the right thing is happening. too many factors too many patients too much confusion in hospitals to leave the decisions up to them ... Ron needs the best and only the best medical care, so he can continue being the best human he is. Sounds like his condition is quite a bit more serious than Cristina's ???

I totally understand that Christine does not want her dad in the States when his wife is left behind BUT why not take them both north then ??? Does she not have her green card ?? I hope that Cristina is awake/better and able to give some input soon too.

back to my prayers.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:49 PM

Its in the family's hands now, and they seem to be doing what they feel is best, theres not much we can do. Speculating about his condition is pointless, the daughter is there, she knows exactly whats going on, and she knows better than any of us what to do. All we can do is to offer assitance IF she asks for it.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
All I can say is that if it were me, I would be doing everything in my power to get Ron the heck out of there as fast as possible.

I wish I could help out. Work has me stuck here reading this thread.:no:

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:53 PM

Lips... thanks for all your time and effort... will hope for the best...

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
. Please do not accuse us as posting falsely, because we are only trying to help keep the people who care in the loop, and keep everyone on the same page...We have no way of knowing if what is told to us by Ron's daughter is true, or, for that matter what is told to her by the doctors...

Accuse? Posting falsely? Yes I did say that this was a false report. I am not pointing fingers at you -- No. Sometimes stories get turned around and I am just correcting it. You heard this from someone else so don't take it personal.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto

I wish I could help out. Work has me stuck here reading this thread.:no:

For the third time, I am two hours away and ready to go get him ANYTIME. Can't do it without his daughter's consent.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Its in the family's hands now, and they seem to be doing what they feel is best, theres not much we can do. Speculating about his condition is pointless, the daughter is there, she knows exactly whats going on, and she knows better than any of us what to do. All we can do is to offer assitance IF she asks for it.

I think this is a sane and reasonable post. I think Sirena has gone all out to help learn what is going on, and to give helpful messages and information to the family. And now it is in the hands of the people closest to the situation-- Ron's family. Of course we are all pulling for him, and want the best for him, but we may not be the ones best equipped to make that call, and at some point our help turns from aid to meddling.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:07 PM

Savvy?

baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:08 PM

Si
 Pages:  1  ..  22    24    26  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.