Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  23    25    27  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:14 PM
Whoa!

I see that the BN's here are at it again...helping others in need. What a great group!

Terrible incident that has happened.....not a good thing to read as I just got back into town.

I can offer any assistance that may be required .....including driving down there tomorrow a.m. from Sacramento, Ca. Have truck..can bring in supplies.

I have good Viking blood too (type not known) that is offered.

Though I do not know these BN folks personally...please pass my good wishes to them.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:18 PM

as far as giving blood is concerned, this might be a good opportunity for those who are close by to go and donate blood, no matter what your type... maybe it can lower the cost of his bill or maybe it can save someone else's life .. but for sure, it will show the power of Baja Nomaders to step up to the plate ! and I think Ron would be all for that !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:28 PM

Guys...please note the other posts that have said that Christine has gone HOME to the united states, she will not be back until friday!
There are no present family members at this time!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:28 PM

Roberto / Ferna / Lizard Lips / Nomads....

MAYBE IT IS TIME TO BE THERE!!

Might be time for you and several other Nomads to be at the hospital to convince Christina that it is time to get him out of there! Can you and Fernando show up there in the morning? Ferna can call to see when she will be there.

Did anyone ever find out what Cristinas staus is with U.S.?? Does she have a Green card or visa that can get her across the border with Ron?

ALSO...Maybe somebody needs to demand to see the MRI machines...Sure sounds suspicious to me!!!!

Miguel

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
Roberto/Fernando....

GO TO THE HOSPITALS...Be there on site to help out in any way you can!!!

Maybe if you are there, you can help convince the daughter to give the needed permission! She must be convinced that this is best for Ron!

Miguelamo

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by AmoPescar]

Nomad Amigos...Here\'s hoping you all have safe Baja travels, amazing sunrises, sunny days, comforting breezes, beautiful sunsets, tasty tacos, cold cervezas and frosty margaritas!!
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:37 PM

She won't be back until Friday...Are you kidding me!!!

Maybe it's none of my business....and I don't know her circumstances, BUT what kind of daughter would leave him/her there for 4 days by themselves????

To me that's just NOT acceptable!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
Guys...please note the other posts that have said that Christine has gone HOME to the united states, she will not be back until friday!
There are no present family members at this time!

Nomad Amigos...Here\'s hoping you all have safe Baja travels, amazing sunrises, sunny days, comforting breezes, beautiful sunsets, tasty tacos, cold cervezas and frosty margaritas!!
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:52 PM

Ok...I just wanted to let you all know that as of now I'm going to stop posting on this thread...I will continue to assist in any way I can here and if you want the news that I may or may not get feel free to u2u me.
I know that there is no anger directed at me but it really sucks when the news I give only brings out anger in people. Keep positive, keep praying.

Have a nice night everyone.

Visit me at
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 07:52 PM

Very disturbing information coming in. May or may not have an MRI at the hospital? Evasive answers given to that question? Running up a $5,000 bill already. Happens to be about the amount raised here as of yesterday. Need another couple of grand by tomorrow? (about the additional amount last reportedly raised) Presently no end in sight. Hate to say this but they could be calculating the bill following the fund raising on this site. Ron's well being is the highest priority, and I believe more of us are leaning toward getting him across the border asap if it is at all possible.
Sorry to be a skeptic, but it's due to running a business for 25 years. I stand by my pledge for the funds I promised in any case.
And Serinita, you are doing a great job in working with the information given you and many of us appreciate it. Please continue.

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by LancairDriver]
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:06 PM

Sirenita....

This is in NO WAY any reflection on you and the amazing work you have done in the last couple of days!! Please do not take this personally!

I think it is more frustration directed at the daughter and her decision to keep them there and the frustration from hearing reports from Lizard Lips about his condition, the MRI, etc.

I believe the daughter may be TOO trusting in what the doctors are telling her. She wants to believe that HE/SHE will b fine and apparently it's working. She's gone home for 4 days and left them there, believing that ALL is well until then!

I've done quite a bit myself in the last couple of days. I don't care to have any recognition, that's not why I did it. But, I'm very frustrated in hearing that despite Celia and Dr. Lugos offers of help, it was turned down! Celia is an expert in making that happen and it should have!

Please hang in there. You're one of the level headed ones they need on their side giving good advice!

Michael/Miguelamo

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:07 PM

Paula, after I saw your post I was thinking to myself about my "meddling" with this situation and I was going to agree and leave it to the family but as you can see the daughter has more important plans to attend to. I hope I am wrong and she is there to attend to the bills at hand and make attempts to get things right but actually this morning when I walked into Ron's room and he was there by himself hooked up to all that it hit me hard. That was the reason I went back this afternoon and again all by himself. I guess this tough guy has a soft spot and I know if I was in his condition I would want friends to come by.

It also has been confirmed by my sources that there is no MRI at Carmen.

If others can go to the hospital and visit him that would be great.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:15 PM

FYI those more important plans are her 5 year old son...that's all i'm going to say. Good night and God bless

Visit me at
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:41 PM

I don't know you, lizard lips, and I don't know Christine. But I am inclined to think that Ron's family has his best interests at heart, and I do trust that his daughter is doing what she sees as the right thing.

Having been in a round the clock present situation watching a loved one in serious condition, I know that sometimes things look worse than they are, and that caregivers should be trusted. Hospital workers could face serious consequences for giving confidential information to unconfirmed relatives. They face life or death situations everyday, and have a different perspective than those of us watching friends and loved ones going through what are to us extraordinary circumstances.

Non Spanish speakers seem to be mistrusting of care in another culture, and I think some of the doubts about quality of care in Mexico are unfounded. I am not advocating here for Ron staying in the Mexican system or being transported because I don't have the facts, just well intentioned hearsay and opinion.

Along with Sirena, who has no doubt had a horrendous day trying to help in a difficult situation while balancing her everyday responsibilities, I am finished speaking here. I will follow the thread, waiting and hoping for a good outcome. My thoughts and best wishes are with Ron and Cristina now-- may the outcoe for them both be the best.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Its in the family's hands now, and they seem to be doing what they feel is best, theres not much we can do.

Bolchit. We're family now and he'll go with us when we see fit. This fradulant hospital will stand aside when we carry out our patient..our friend.
Lock and effing load.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar

I believe the daughter may be TOO trusting in what the doctors are telling her. She wants to believe that HE/SHE will b fine and apparently it's working. She's gone home for 4 days and left them there, believing that ALL is well until then!

patient on a ventilator is not fine!!!!!!!!!!!
an incapacitated patient needs an advocate in their room!!!!!!!!!!!!
the daughter should not leave for 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:51 PM

Sheeeeeeeeesh Guys dont you think its time to take a deep breath. I have read a lot of Rons post on this site and His, on his site I thought he expressed his medical plan quite well, check the thread retired in mexico and what you do for medical. I have noticed on this thread there has been a lot of talk about Ron, Very little about his Wife. On previous threads I have read he has quite the extended family in the local community' apperantly some of then are well conected.
All the support and offers of financhial aid are Fantastic
But as I see it It may be Time to LET GO AND LET GOD.
Let go of the control issues and stand buy as FRIENDS and help in any way we can. Buy being a support system to the family as a whole.
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 08:55 PM

We need some black-suited commandoes to go in and get them out!

Is Seal Team 6 available? ....After all, Ron was Navy!

Get that Blackhawk fueled up and ready to fly!

Miguelamo :fire: :yes: :fire:

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:00 PM

Lizard...thanks so much for personally going in to be an eye witness...that is what we need...I am very disturbed at the strange turn of events. Sirena's mission today was to touch base with Ron's daughter to discuss options and fill her in and sirena waited for hours at the hospital and finally went home to eat and when Cristina did finally contact her, sirena offered to meet with her but Cristina was in a big hurry to leave...after the doctor said he'd be taking out all the tubes in a short while....this is hard to imagine but perhaps they arent real close...I do understand her concern over her child but whoever is looking after him could maybe do it for a couple more hours at least. Ferna...since you are in personal contact with her, can you update her on what Lizard lips saw and experienced?

I understand that Cristina doesnt have a visa and I believe ron's daughter enquired about getting her an emergency one to accompany ron if he was transferred to the usa...but that didnt work out...plus if ron's daughter is being told he's fine, she wouldnt decide to bother moving him at a tremendous expense...who's gonna pay those bills when all is said and done and we arent talking about a few grand here...so perhaps she was making decisions based on trusting what the doctors told her...which may or may not be wise....but without access to Ron, it's hard to tell what's really going on...sounds like someone needs to investigate this...especially the illedged MRI scam.

sirena asked Cristina if she could leave written permission for someone else on the scene to receive updates while she was in the states and she refused...why?? and why would they lie about having an MRI machine? money scam???

I think that someone should be in the room with Ron at all times...he must feel very alone and it sounds like nobody is with Cristina either...i heard that none of her family was with her...has anyone contacted them? Does anyone here know any of Cristina's family? Cristina will need to have support if they release her soon as well.

I was feeling elated when the daughter Cristina reported all the jolly news of them improving and am now pretty darn frustrated with all the conflicting info...I can only imagine how Sirena must feel as she has put the last two days into helping as much as she possibly can...stressed, tired and confused like the rest of us....sorry honey for dragging you into this but you were my only hope at getting a clearer picture of what was needed to help our buddy.

I certainly hope other nomads who are within a few hours of ensenada will indeed go and spend time at the hospital...make your presence known...I am tempted to call Cristina myself...but maybe Ferna should do it so as not to bombard her with strangers budding in....please call her and let us know the latest Ferna...good night all....hang in there Ron...we love you and will do all we can.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Sheeeeeeeeesh Guys dont you think its time to take a deep breath. I have read a lot of Rons post on this site and His, on his site I thought he expressed his medical plan quite well, check the thread retired in mexico and what you do for medical. I have noticed on this thread there has been a lot of talk about Ron, Very little about his Wife. On previous threads I have read he has quite the extended family in the local community' apperantly some of then are well conected.
All the support and offers of financhial aid are Fantastic
But as I see it It may be Time to LET GO AND LET GOD.
Let go of the control issues and stand buy as FRIENDS and help in any way we can. Buy being a support system to the family as a whole.

That would be wonderful, John, if the family was responding, but they arn't.
So.......what do you have to say about that?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 09:05 PM

Quote:
Hate to say this but they could be calculating the bill following the fund raising on this site.

BINGO
astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

Ditto to what J.P. has said I'm not posting on the thread anymore Rons family is at the helm of this boat now quite rightly so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yes LET IT GO and back off a bit! the offers of help are in place a Nomads commando raid is NOT needed now!!!!

over and out nite all get some sleep, jeeeezzz

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
I have noticed on this thread there has been a lot of talk about Ron, Very little about his Wife. On previous threads I have read he has quite the extended family in the local community' apperantly some of then are well conected.

well where the heck are they all??? Sirena nor Lizard lips saw anyone there for them...ron should have an advocate there by his side round the clock...family or not.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  ..  23    25    27  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.