Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:27 PM

i sent an email.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Withholding treatment for MORE cash? I'm biting my tongue hard.

What? Are you surprised? It's a private hospital and they work for profit. His broken jaw won't affect his life....or death.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrissie_Hoff
Shari gracias por el comentario, mi papa esta estable el esta riendo con Laura. Lo que creemos es mejor seria que saldemos la cuenta con el sanatorio Del Carmen y lo operen en el hospital general, Cristina ya esta bien y recibio un bano y esta bien lucida she is fine.
Cada dia que pasa mi papa en el hospital es mas dinero y creo que ahora es la situacion catastrofica que mi papa hablaba cuando dijo que el tenia el seguro popular.

Speak English here. We're all involved.
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:34 PM

Carol (owner) of Discover Baja has just talked to Chrissie Hoff and is wiring $5,000 dollars down to get things started within the half hour. Nice Lady.

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Withholding treatment for MORE cash? I'm biting my tongue hard.

My Wife Leidys says that in Colombia, it is the same policy for expensive operations.

KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
I can't believe it - but I asked a friend and this is in fact customary - pay first is the rule here in Mexico....that being said, I have drafted a note to the governor that all of you can send to his email...My Mexican friends say that this will put pressure on the governor to do the right thing...

email address: gestoriasgobbc@gmail.com

ESTIMADO LIC. JOSE GUADALUPE OSUNA MILLAN

GOBERNADOR CONSTITUCIONAL DEL ESTADO DE BAJA CALIFORNIA

POR MEDIO DE LA PRESENTE, NOS PERMITIMOS HACER DE SU CONOCIMIENTO LO SUCEDIDO EL DIA SABADO 10 DEL MES DE SEPTIEMBRE, EN EL POBLADO DE SAN QUINTIN, B.C. FUERON ATACADOS POR LADRONES ES SEÑOR AMERICANO RONALD HOFF Y SU ESPOSA CRISTINA MONTES. EL SR. HOFF SE ENCUENTRA ACTUALMENTE EN ESTADO GRAVE EN EL SANATORIO DEL CARMEN EN LA CIUDAD DE ENSENADA, B.C., POR LO CUAL SOLICITO SU INTERVENCION PARA ESTAR SEGUROS QUE RECIBA UNA ATENCION MEDICA DE PRIMER NIVEL.

EN ESPERA DE UNA FAVORABLE RESPUESTA ME DESPIDO DE USTED.

*****PUT YOUR NAME HERE*******

Thanks Blanca....:)....DONE. Easy to do. Everybody needs to do it to get some attention. Do it NOW, people

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:37 PM

OK....so now that Ron's all recuperrated and eating burgers, perhaps we can discuss getting him out of the money mill.
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:40 PM

Right on, Dennis.
Machine Translated:

Originally posted by Chrissie_Hoff
Shari thanks for the comment, my father is stable he is laughing with Laura. What we believe is best if the account balances sanatorium Del Carmen and operating in the general hospital, Cristina is already well and received a bath and is well lucida she is fine.
Each day that passes my dad in the hospital is more money and I think now is the catastrophic situation that my father spoke when he said the people had insurance.

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:51 PM

gracias chrissie...si quieres comunicar conmigo talvez seria mejor por U2U...eres mas facil entender en espanol....voy intentar hablarte para aclarar las cosas.mandame tu # tel por U2U porfa.

Dennis, things are stated more clearly by chrissie in spanish...at least I understand her better in spanish so bear with us...she's new at this but there is no rule that one must speak english.

So she says her dad is stable and laughing with Laura and that it would be good to pay the bill at Del Carmen and get over to the General Hospital where Cristina is fine and got bathed today and is lucid.
She is worried that each day that passes in there is more money and her dad prepared for a catastrofic event with the insurance he has of seguro popular.

She wanted me to know that Laura has spoken to Ron and is good spirits...or maybe just leave it at spirited....we are all getting a better grip on what is going on with wife cristina in the loop now albeit still very weak and overwhelmed...she is a very bright, capable, level headed woman and desicions are being taken by the family as a whole now...hopefully after getting his jaw wired on right, Ron will make his wishes known.

The great great great news is that he is concious and coming back around to the world after a very traumatic ordeal...go ron go...but please try to take time to heal and not get stressed out. thank goodness angel & her husband are there now to assist in what will happen next.The best case scenario is for Cristina to be by his side which will be best for both of them.

So to recap... the money is getting to the hospital today...Ron is probably on the table right now so lets all send him a big cadillac margarita to get through this ordeal...or a prayer!

I'm not sure what the decision is to stay or move him yet...stay tuned

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 04:57 PM

chrissie...please take the time to write a personal letter to the govenor in spanish explaining your dilema and ask him to appoyarte...help in some way.

does anyone know if Ron likes onions on his burger? :lol:maybe Jesse could fedex one down to Del Carmen and throw in one for the duty nurse too please...actually I can hear Sirenita's stomach growling from here...all hell, send down a dozen...oh I forgot there are only 3 people there.:saint:

yup back to our regular programming

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
back to our regular programming

Son Paul in Buenos Aires, Argentina knows about the "Car Crash". I explained to him (in Spanish) details about his Father's recuperation. He also read the on-line on-line news article pertaining to Ron and his wife's assault.

bajafam
Senior Nomad

Mood: DLTBGYD

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:22 PM

Has anyone thought to contact the US Consulate? By my understanding, they are there to assist in occasions such as this - to aid in getting medical assistance, to aid when one is a victim of a crime and unable to pay for things? I.e, legitimate and proven poverty? Is this an avenue that has been looked into for helping pay the bills to get Ron the surgery? Or is that not an option for any reason? Just thinking out loud, but it occurred to me while we are driving north that I didn't recall the US Consulate being mentioned in this thread at all.

Check out our travel blog @
http://thefamvangurp.blogspot.com

Scentsy!! Because real life is smelly. https://itsamightysmellyworld.scentsy.us

Check out my latest article ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-eyeliner/

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:28 PM

i doubt Ron is destitute....

jureal
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:29 PM

The consulate was mentioned way back where it was stated that they will not intervene when the person involved has dual citizenship and is in the country where he has citizenship. Ron took Mexican citizenship a while ago according to the source. They will only intervene if Ron was in the US. In Mexico, he is a Mexican citizen.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:30 PM

Update... to the best of my knowledge...

- Del Carmen hospital is waiting on having cash-in-hand (at least half of it apparently) before performing surgery on broken jaw.

- Ron will not be going to the General Hospital.

- FDT is en route to Ensenada Western Union to pick up and deliver some donated funds to family.

- Carol Kramer of Discover Baja is sending some donated funds (an amount specifically requested) via Western Union directly to the doctor/hospital at 8pm this evening. The hospital/doctor has indicated with this payment they will operate on Ron at 7am tomorrow morning. Carol said to let you know she's really overwhelmed by the generosity she's seen.

- Angels4 reports that Ron is off sedation and was getting agitated again early today - partially (or wholly?) because nobody was answering his questions about Cristina and where she was. Angels4 had Cristina record a voice message to play to Ron that told him to listen to the doctors, and be calm, etc... and that when they played that recording for Ron, he absolutely became calm, comforted and cooperative after hearing that recorded message from her.

- There's been some discussion amongst us that it seems the hospital prices "might" be fluctuating somewhat due to a number of reasons, one of which is the potential for what's posted in this thread. So I request there be NO further indications about what's been/being given/received. There's no problem in discussing what the hospital's fees requested are though. If you're going to help with donations, let's keep the #'s private, or at-least offline for now.

- Cristina's doing very well as has been posted previously.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafam
Has anyone thought to contact the US Consulate? By my understanding, they are there to assist in occasions such as this - to aid in getting medical assistance, to aid when one is a victim of a crime and unable to pay for things? I.e, legitimate and proven poverty? Is this an avenue that has been looked into for helping pay the bills to get Ron the surgery? Or is that not an option for any reason? Just thinking out loud, but it occurred to me while we are driving north that I didn't recall the US Consulate being mentioned in this thread at all.

Hi Sweetie...... Forget it. They couldn't care less.

Oh ....yeah....it was mentioned around a million pages back.
bajafam
Senior Nomad

Mood: DLTBGYD

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:32 PM

Okay, gotcha. Just thought to throw that out there, I wasn't sure about his citizenship status. Thank you for clearing that up. Just trying to think of alternate ways to get him the help that he needs.
Prays still going out to him and Cristina.

Check out our travel blog @
http://thefamvangurp.blogspot.com

Scentsy!! Because real life is smelly. https://itsamightysmellyworld.scentsy.us

Check out my latest article ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-eyeliner/

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:32 PM

umm...change of location on some of those burgers to be delivered...and the other hospital warriors are now at Ensenada General which I hear is rather uncomfortable...

Ron's will need to be blended and in the form of a smoothy but he will most likely want it tonight seeing as his jaw wont be getting adjusted any time soon...manana is the prognosis. The surgeon who would have operated has other surgeries to perform over at Ensenada General...he could do the operation over there but wouldnt be able to get to it for a couple days maybe...so a decision was reached to operate tomorrow there and the doc says he'll be ready to go in a couple days...or perhaps he will move over to the competition's...

Since today's dilema seems to be money, maybe a fundraising pool is in order to determine when Ron's transfer/release/escape will be...who is up for designing it, (I need a sunset walk on the beach) it could have bets on the date, time and method of gettin out of out....prolly have to do it via U2U for legal purposes...hahahaha

Seriously folks...i personally want to thank from the very bottom of my heart all of you who have donated $ to help Ron & Cristina survive this nightmare...and you who have donated time and effort, sent phone minutes to Sirena, went down to the hospital to visit and try to help, those of you who sent prayers and energy their way, and all of you who are going to continue to help them out. Please think about fund raising ideas and continue to donate even a little bit to the paypal account...write letters to the governor and mention you want to see these dirtbags rot in hell...ooops...sorry...get their just punishment.

any and all suggestions are appreciated and for goodness sake, get those girls some food down there at the Ensenada General..sneak in a new mix for sirena..she's gonna need it.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:35 PM

We just finished with the hospital after a race crash. A word to every one....they needed cash up front. Fortunately we had friends in the area
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
continue to donate even a little bit to the paypal account...
Unless I missed it, there's no paypal account involved at this time.

95% has been via Western Union to Ensenada today. I guesstimate about 5% or less to a Banamex bank account. If anyone needs the bank account info, send me an email or U2U for more info.

Western Union to Ensenada for Fernando Garcia Obeso (Nomad "FDT").

Thx.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
 Pages:  1  ..  36    38    40  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.