Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  37    39    41  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:38 PM

Just got off the Nextel # with Fernando (FDT ). He just got to Ensenada and is trying to find the hospital. He's going to call me back later and let me know what western union agent to send funds to so he won't have to be running all around. He's thinking right now of the ELEKTRA agents or EKT as it is on the western union web site. Soon as I hear I'll let you all know. He has turned off his U.S. cell phone due to costs down there. If anybody needs to get a message to him you can call me and I can relay it via Nextel 2-way radio. My number is 619 990 0270 or I guess you can call his Baja cell # at 011 52 1664 116 5788 from the states and you guys down there can figure out that number from there I'm sure..:yes: I'm happy to relay anything for those of you in the states.

[Edited on 9-15-11 by KASHEYDOG]

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafam
Okay, gotcha.

Can you imagine his mental state at this moment if he wasn't a Nomad with all the support?

Things could be worse.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:41 PM

BTW for those of you who have Nextel my number is 125*136811*8

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
bajafam
Senior Nomad

Mood: DLTBGYD

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:46 PM

I wish we could do more....
I have been trying to follow the thread as best as I can due to sketchy internet and being out of the loop. We have gotten updates from Shari and Mulegena and have been praying for their speedy recovery. Sorry I missed the mention of the Consulate ( as I said I wasn't sure if it was a viable resource ). I am glad to hear good news and that there is a band of Good Samaritans out there disguised as Nomads. You all are amazing when the s**t hits the fan.
Continued prayers....

Check out our travel blog @
http://thefamvangurp.blogspot.com

Scentsy!! Because real life is smelly. https://itsamightysmellyworld.scentsy.us

Check out my latest article ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-eyeliner/

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
OK....so now that Ron's all recuperrated and eating burgers, perhaps we can discuss getting him out of the money mill.

DENNIS !!!! Don't make me come down there..:lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
DENNIS !!!! Don't make me come down there..:lol:

It would be a pleasure to see you, Dick.
Thanks.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
I can't believe it - but I asked a friend and this is in fact customary - pay first is the rule here in Mexico....that being said, I have drafted a note to the governor that all of you can send to his email...My Mexican friends say that this will put pressure on the governor to do the right thing...

email address: gestoriasgobbc@gmail.com

ESTIMADO LIC. JOSE GUADALUPE OSUNA MILLAN

GOBERNADOR CONSTITUCIONAL DEL ESTADO DE BAJA CALIFORNIA

POR MEDIO DE LA PRESENTE, NOS PERMITIMOS HACER DE SU CONOCIMIENTO LO SUCEDIDO EL DIA SABADO 10 DEL MES DE SEPTIEMBRE, EN EL POBLADO DE SAN QUINTIN, B.C. FUERON ATACADOS POR LADRONES ES SEÑOR AMERICANO RONALD HOFF Y SU ESPOSA CRISTINA MONTES. EL SR. HOFF SE ENCUENTRA ACTUALMENTE EN ESTADO GRAVE EN EL SANATORIO DEL CARMEN EN LA CIUDAD DE ENSENADA, B.C., POR LO CUAL SOLICITO SU INTERVENCION PARA ESTAR SEGUROS QUE RECIBA UNA ATENCION MEDICA DE PRIMER NIVEL.

EN ESPERA DE UNA FAVORABLE RESPUESTA ME DESPIDO DE USTED.

*****PUT YOUR NAME HERE*******

Thanks Blanca....:)....DONE. Easy to do. Everybody needs to do it to get some attention. Do it NOW, people

I just sent it... I put 'Ron Hoff, en hospital Ensenada' in the subject line.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:00 PM

ooops...i thought about 400 pages ago I saw it mentioned...wishful thinking...it's a slower process but could be fast if someone just did a bank transfer to the appropriate bank account, got it withdrawn and pay the bills...like if I have a grand in my bank account and I transfer it to FDT and people deposit into my paypal account which will in 5 days get into my bank account...am I making any sense at all? anybody have an account with any money in it? jajajaja...and a paypal

excellent update King Nomad...i'm never quite sure how much to divulge.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:10 PM

Don't expect much from the governor.

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:
Originally posted by fdt

So, do I go tomorrow?

Absolutely!

Please confirm or deny lizard lips observations once and for all. It would give us a measure of peace.

This is one of the reasons I am done with this......Ron and Christine I hope it all works out somehow and for those Nomads who who have their head placed directly in their ass-pee off
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:14 PM

uta mano Jesse...when I saw you replied, I was hopin for a confirmation on the IN n OUT burger order...ditto on the gob by the way but it cant hurt...ya never know but prolly the Ron's Release Pool would generate more pesos.

TheColoradoDude
Nomad

Mood: Paz, Amor, y Tacos de Pescado

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:22 PM

This is the link to the website called Babblebug.net to add minutes to cell phones.

I have used it several times in the past and it works instantly.

http://babblebug.net/international_cellular/telcel-amigo-rec...
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:28 PM

hey that's pretty nifty thanks dude! boy we are learning all kinds of neat tricks throughout all of this...there is a silver lining somewhere, I just know it.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
uta mano Jesse...when I saw you replied, I was hopin for a confirmation on the IN n OUT burger order...ditto on the gob by the way but it cant hurt...ya never know but prolly the Ron's Release Pool would generate more pesos.

I am not trying to be negative, but the man isn't exactly popular for doing the right things. Thats why he lost by a landslide in the past elections. Maybe if he reads this:

DO THE RIGHT THING MAN!!!!

redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:38 PM

I am a wee bit literal...so this is the question WHAT DO WE WANT TO SHOUT TO HIM! WHAT IS THE RIGHT THING!
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:51 PM

6:49 PM Just talked to "FDT", Fernando. He just left Christina and said she is doing much better. Fernando is on the way to see Ron and he's going to get with the hospital officials and get an accounting of all charges, to keep them "honest" . More to come later as I get it....:yes:

[Edited on 9-15-11 by KASHEYDOG]

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips...one of the reasons I am done with this...
I for one greatly appreciated your efforts on Ron(and Cristina's) behalf.

That there is sincere dissent as to the medical significance of your observations matters not. I have not one doubt you reported what you saw and heard as accurately as possible.

Thank you for that. And to all the others able to express themselves with tact, respect, and grace in such a pressured situation.

Hear, hear...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:53 PM

TO DONATE FUNDS FOR HOSPITAL BILLS:

Discover Baja
3264 Governor Drive
San Diego, Ca. 92122

619-275-4225 or 800-727-2252. Talk to Carol.

Credit cards are okay.

It is the fastest and easiest. Phone call = done deal.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:55 PM

Finest kind, lizard lips.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips...one of the reasons I am done with this...
I for one greatly appreciated your efforts on Ron(and Cristina's) behalf.

That there is sincere dissent as to the medical significance of your observations matters not. I have not one doubt you reported what you saw and heard as accurately as possible.

Thank you for that. And to all the others able to express themselves with tact, respect, and grace in such a pressured situation.

Hear, hear...

I"LL SECOND THAT, Doug :yes:..:yes:

Let's keep it positive people..:yes:..

Pages:  1  ..  37    39    41  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.