Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  40    42    44  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
bajafam
Senior Nomad

Mood: DLTBGYD

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 08:21 AM

we will be arriving in Ensenada this evening and hope to pass Sirena some much deserved hugs and kisses.
Continued prayers to everyone...

Check out our travel blog @
http://thefamvangurp.blogspot.com

Scentsy!! Because real life is smelly. https://itsamightysmellyworld.scentsy.us

Check out my latest article ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-eyeliner/

The cookbooks essential to Baja Trippin' ~ https://vegbyte.com/vegan-mexican-cookbooks/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 08:33 AM

OK....lessee. Where did I leave off. I'm gonna have to start taking notes.
Hmmmmm........Oh well....I'll be back in a while. :cool:
ocotillo

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 08:43 AM

I will be passing right through Bakersfield on my way down next month. My first nights stay is usually San Quintin. If Rons family would like me to stop and pick up anything Ron or Cristina might need please U2U me your contact info. Wishing Ron & Cristina a speedy full recovery. You rock Nomads!
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
OK....lessee. Where did I leave off. I'm gonna have to start taking notes.
Hmmmmm........Oh well....I'll be back in a while. :cool:

Try a little more caffeine. K and I are going into Ensenada for lunch; we'll drop by del Carmen and see what's up. Last time I saw Ron was in a bar in SQ; hope we can do that again soon.

latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 08:56 AM

Good morning. Sure is awesome to read all these positive posts from everyone. I think when push comes to shove this group of folks continually proves what fine people they are! Anyways, wish to send money today (Thursday) towards the hospital bill but I don't know where...Pompano's post says Discover Baja (is there still someone taking the funds down tomorrow?), but Baja Nomad's suggests Western Union in Ensenada, but which one, because fdt said he didn't want to run all over Ensenada....anyways can Pompano or BajaNomad or someone else please clarify for me before I do the deed? Thank you!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 08:58 AM

good morning all,

I have contacted our private doctor here and he is willing to go on the line and callthe hospital and give them his word (which is enough) that he personally will vouch for any needed funds.

and then we pay the hospital and done is done.

If Chrissy will also give permission - he will double check all charges for validity - ie - no absurd overcharging.

Please let me know if you want Dr Romero to do this or not.

Blanca

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:00 AM

latina

I think all will agree that discover baja is the best option.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
Try a little more caffeine. K and I are going into Ensenada for lunch; we'll drop by del Carmen and see what's up. Last time I saw Ron was in a bar in SQ; hope we can do that again soon.

Just walk in like you own the joint. Up the driveway to the right of the main entrance to the open door on your left.
Walk right in...say Buenos Días to everybody and everything...take the first left to the ICU door about twenty feet down the hall.
Tell them you're a Catholic priest with your attending Nun....come to pray.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:05 AM

Thanks Blanca. Discover Baja it is! :)
Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:13 AM

Dennis you make me laugh. Thanks-Priest & Nun. Sounds like a joke coming
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:18 AM

Okidokie, baby and I are ready to head out the door again, first for breakfast, then downt o visit Cristina, then back to see Ron. Give you all an update later on!!!

I also just wanted to say thank you so much to all of you who have been able to send minutes to my phone, it makes me feel good that I can call with any piece of information I get so that you guys can stay informed.

Have a great day and keep those prayers coming!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Just walk in like you own the joint. Up the driveway to the right of the main entrance to the open door on your left.
Walk right in...say Buenos Días to everybody and everything...take the first left to the ICU door about twenty feet down the hall.

Dennis, when you walk in you don't have to pretend to be anything or anybody. Everybody just gets down on their knees and bows. YOU are the man, Dude..:lol:..:lol:..:lol:
The rest of us have to fend for ourselves.....:no:..:rolleyes:..:mad:

[Edited on 9-15-11 by KASHEYDOG]

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Funny you should say that! I honestly (or dishonestly) intended to play the religion card. Twelve years of Jesuit education have not gone to waste!

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 10:07 AM
One last thing here.....

"eBay for Charity is an easy way for buyers and sellers on eBay.com to support their favorite charities".

A account (non legal charity)could be used for raising funds for these folks. Might be good for those here with limited funds, but have a stack of junk they could sell :light:

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Chrissie_Hoff

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 10:25 AM

Laura just send me the message that my dad is no longer in icu he was transfer to a regular room!!!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
latina

I think all will agree that discover baja is the best option.

I do not agree that it's the "best" option of the three, and have u2u'd you (and latina) with some of the reasons why from my viewpoint. It's the best option for those that are most comfortable in going through Discover Baja though... and we're very appreciative of all the efforts/sacrifices that the staff at Discover Baja has made to help in this situation. I doubt they realized what level they had committed themselves to. So...

Big THANK YOU to Discover Baja! :)

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrissie_Hoff
Laura just send me the message that my dad is no longer in icu he was transfer to a regular room!!!

FWIW... this will reduce the daily expenses considerably.

If you haven't picked up on it yet... Ron has not yet gone in for surgery. Latest "promise" is for this evening. His surgery is supposed to take 5-8 hours, and as it's not life-threatening, he's not highest on the priority list it appears.

While the family could definitely still use financial support that might be available, lack of payment is not a reason being given for today's (further) delay. This has more to do with the surgeon than the hospital - which I'm hearing is taking damn good care of Ron.

Visiting hours for Cristina are noon-1pm - and we'll have another report back on her a little later today. Everything thus far with her has been positive though - and I think the expectation is for her to be released in the next few days.

-
Doug

[Edited on 9-15-2011 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 11:11 AM

Also of note...

Ron's apparently starting to have things come back to him from the incident... which, I presume is good. It's not a given though for him to have any recall whatsoever. I had a concussion many years ago, and still have no recollection of the latter part of the day that the injury occurred. fyi.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 11:16 AM

More...

Message from angels4: "We left Ron asleep last night but he was more alert and starting to remember things. We told him he fell from the stairs. But we know we are buying sometime for now. He also believes Cristina is in TJ with his sister due to her severe migraines (that she's having treated)."

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 11:18 AM

what I heard is that doctors go there on a rotating basis and are on call as needed - they do not stay there for a set period of time every day.

Dr Romero says it is a good hospital - all I can say is: this is Mexico - one person says it is bad place and another says it is good. and everything is for manana in mananaland.

ok, time for a break - I am tired so tired and it is only noon here !! :lol:

prayers for Ron going out again and all of you, please keep sending those notes to the governor - it is important for him to see we are a BIG community and united and not only want Ron and Cristina well taken care of but also want JUSTICE :fire:

Come visit La Bocana

Pages:  1  ..  40    42    44  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.