Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  62    64    66  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
Hey Dennis!! I didn't think they had text books when you went to college. Or did you mean text "rocks"...:?:..:lol:..:lol:..:lol:

Velly hirarious. :lol:
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 10-3-2011 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
Hey Dennis!! I didn't think they had text books when you went to college. Or did you mean text "rocks"...:?:..:lol:..:lol:..:lol:

Velly hirarious. :lol:

Hey !! Just had to get my 2 pebbles in :lol:..:P..;D

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 08:36 AM

OK, so I got up early this morning and actually read this entire thread from the beginning. It took me through the full cycle of emotions from amazement to tears but ultimately it made me feel so very proud and honored to be a member of this group.

I did read a few misconceptions / misinformation and I thought I would take a moment to clear them up.

I did serve in the Navy but looking at the VA system admittance requirements I did not believe that I would qualify as I was not separated after serving in combat nor with any service related disability. Maybe I need to re-look at that.

Cristina had a 10 year laser visa which had recently expired and we were working on getting renewed - the reason she could not be moved across the border.

My daughter Christine was in contact with my neurologist several times a day via his cell phone and the doctor together with the hospital took excellent care of me. I truly credit them with saving my life.

I am not sure why I was moved from the Hospital General - lots of different stories circulating on that one from the versions posted here in this thread to one where a call was made to my neurologist for his availability and where to take me.

This whole experience has made me rethink the current plan of med coverage and in time I will post what changes I decide to make, if any.

Mostly, this thread has taught me much about what an amazing group you guys are. I am humbled by all of the energy, work and efforts made on our behalf. We bicker and fight but in the end you all came together like a family on our behalf. I cannot express how much that means to me.

And Sirena - you truly are my hero.

Cristina and I are forever grateful...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
I did serve in the Navy but looking at the VA system admittance requirements I did not believe that I would qualify as I was not separated after serving in combat nor with any service related disability. Maybe I need to re-look at that.

Navy?? Combat?? You're in, buddy.
Hell of a time to find out...huh.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 08:44 AM

Thanks for being well again Ron!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 08:55 AM

Ron, now that the airways are not in emergency mode time for me to say that all I could do was wish you well, say a prayer. Somehow I knew you would survive and recover with a virtual army of people helping in so many ways.

God Bless and take your sweet time -- the army is still out there at parade rest.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 09:16 AM

Good Morning, Ron...:yes: Hope today is a good one for you, Christina and your family.

Dick ,.:coolup:

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 10:17 AM

http://youtu.be/NPNA-mtPXw8

KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73

:lol:..:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 11:09 AM

Quote:

Thanks pal...

:lol:
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks pal...

:lol:

I liked the happy-ending! :)

welcome back...

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 01:02 PM

I'm thinkin that guy could be a candidate for a new avatar for Ron!
I bet that sure made ya laugh eh amigo

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 01:32 PM

HEY RON. Just F.Y.I. I don't doubt you've already looked at this site for the V.A. If not check it out.. I'm going to send an app in for myself too. :yes:..:yes:

http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/Library/tools/Quick_Elig...

Here's the app.......

https://www.1010ez.med.va.gov/sec/vha/1010ez/Form/1010EZ-fil...

[Edited on 10-4-11 by KASHEYDOG]

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Navy?? Combat?? You're in, buddy.
Hell of a time to find out...huh.

Maybe that's how misunderstanding start. Dennis read that again. He said [not] separated after serving in combat. From my experience, Ron's assessment is correct and he is not eligible for VA benefits. However, I am far from an expert - just been through the wringer several times while taking care of my father.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 01:52 PM

Just so everyone knows if you were in the U.S. Armed Forces and were discharged with an honorable discharge you go in and sign up. They give you a VA ID card and you can start using them. The VA Hospital is full of vets who are not retired and get benefits. All you need is your DD-214 and an official government ID Card
(Driver's Silence). Go in and sign up today if you are a vet with an honorable discharge. Take that in too! It all helps.

KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
Just so everyone knows if you were in the U.S. Armed Forces and were discharged with an honorable discharge you go in and sign up. They give you a VA ID card and you can start using them. The VA Hospital is full of vets who are not retired and get benefits. All you need is your DD-214 and an official government ID Card
(Driver's Silence). Go in and sign up today if you are a vet with an honorable discharge. Take that in too! It all helps.

Good one, David...:yes:..:yes:

I just went on the VA web site and put those links above for Ron. All of you vets had better take advantage of your benifits. The way I read it is as David said above, Honorable discharge makes you eligible.
All vets need to apply. Click on the link and get it done......NOW !!! You can do it on line, right now.

http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/Library/tools/Quick_Elig...

[Edited on 10-4-11 by KASHEYDOG]

angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I'm thinkin that guy could be a candidate for a new avatar for Ron!
I bet that sure made ya laugh eh amigo

Nooo! I like the crazy hair Ron. It is a look that fits him just right. An a face that only a mother can love :lol: :lol:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 04:37 PM

Oh laura...you know I was kidding...if in 30 or so years from now we try to remember some of the nomad avatars, THAT crazy hair one will ALWAYS be remembered.

Ron, you KNOW that many of us are also doing alot of rethinking on a number of different levels...the ripple effect is tremendous and alot of lives will be saved as a result now that people being better informed, prepared and responsible...a positive outcome....thanks Ron for being you man...mi respetos como siempre.

[Edited on 10-4-2011 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

Ron, you KNOW that many of us are also doing alot of rethinking on a number of different levels...the ripple effect is tremendous and alot of lives will be saved as a result now that people being better informed, prepared and responsible...a positive outcome....thanks Ron for being you man...mi respetos como siempre.

[Edited on 10-4-2011 by shari]

I'll second that one , Ron. Can I get an AMEN from alll of ya ??
Well said, Shari. Thank you..:yes:..:yes:

[Edited on 10-5-11 by KASHEYDOG]

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 08:22 PM

Bajagringo... just read this whole thread AGAIN... wow, what an ordeal you guys went through and all the wonderful responses from so many Nomads!!

Thrilled that you are back and posting again... Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
 Pages:  1  ..  62    64    66  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.