Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  63    65    67  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Maybe that's how misunderstanding start. Dennis read that again. He said [not] separated after serving in combat.

I have been locked up for long and short periods of time in the Mental Health pod with many patients who hadn't seen tough times.
The VA is for all vets....not just certain types although, depending on personal wealth, the co-pay will vary.

[Edited on 10-5-2011 by DENNIS]
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 01:49 AM

Just follow-up here. My understanding is these were the total peso amounts that were collected through FDT:

Western Union 16,493
Banamex 5,975
Soriana 2,000
--
Total 24,468

The remainder (and majority) of the donated funds were processed through Discover Baja as arranged by another Nomad (noted earlier in the thread).

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 08:04 AM

Correct, any vet with two years active service and a good discharge is eliglible for the VA medical system. There is a sliding scale for copay depending on income. I have been in this system since eligibility was expanded in 1996 and it has served me well. In those 15 years I have had only three different primary MD's all board certified internists. First few years in Santa Barbara and last ten or so at the San Luis Obispo outpatient clinic. I am also in Medicare but still use the VA as my primary provider since the care has been excellent. Also, I saw earlier a disparaging remark about the VA Hospital in La Jolla. I strongly disagree with that, I think it is one of the best VA facilities in the country and when I went to the emergency room there for treatment of an injury suffered in Baja I was treated promptly and well. I would encourage all vets to enroll in the VA system whether or not they use it as a primary provider.

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
Just so everyone knows if you were in the U.S. Armed Forces and were discharged with an honorable discharge you go in and sign up. They give you a VA ID card and you can start using them. The VA Hospital is full of vets who are not retired and get benefits. All you need is your DD-214 and an official government ID Card
(Driver's Silence). Go in and sign up today if you are a vet with an honorable discharge. Take that in too! It all helps.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Correct, any vet with two years active service and a good discharge is eliglible for the VA medical system. There is a sliding scale for copay depending on income. I have been in this system since eligibility was expanded in 1996 and it has served me well. In those 15 years I have had only three different primary MD's all board certified internists. First few years in Santa Barbara and last ten or so at the San Luis Obispo outpatient clinic. I am also in Medicare but still use the VA as my primary provider since the care has been excellent. Also, I saw earlier a disparaging remark about the VA Hospital in La Jolla. I strongly disagree with that, I think it is one of the best VA facilities in the country and when I went to the emergency room there for treatment of an injury suffered in Baja I was treated promptly and well. I would encourage all vets to enroll in the VA system whether or not they use it as a primary provider.

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
Just so everyone knows if you were in the U.S. Armed Forces and were discharged with an honorable discharge you go in and sign up. They give you a VA ID card and you can start using them. The VA Hospital is full of vets who are not retired and get benefits. All you need is your DD-214 and an official government ID Card
(Driver's Silence). Go in and sign up today if you are a vet with an honorable discharge. Take that in too! It all helps.

Thanks Kurt and David. I had never applied as I was "told" years ago that I wasn't eligible. Looks like that changed.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
HEY RON. Just F.Y.I. I don't doubt you've already looked at this site for the V.A. If not check it out.. I'm going to send an app in for myself too. :yes:..:yes:

http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/Library/tools/Quick_Elig...

Here's the app.......

https://www.1010ez.med.va.gov/sec/vha/1010ez/Form/1010EZ-fil...

GET' ER DONE TODAY !!! HERE'S THE LINKS AGAIN :yes: :yes:

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 08:38 PM

Ron,

I am very happy that you and Cristina are recovering well. I was not logging into Bajanomad for about three weeks due to personal reasons. I followed your saga though and was quite concerned. But all the bickering on this thread was so distasteful to me that I am pretty much done with the forum. I have lost respect for many here, however, Sirenita is not one of them. She was and is an heroic angel! She was your ombudsman and was vital to your care and recovery.

While I have donated money to many Nomad causes, I did not contribute to yours because the places to donate, opinions and strange motivations expressed here were confusing, and in my opinion, counterproductive.

It became clear that your daughter had taken charge and that your family's wishes prevailed. It would not have been appropriate for me to enter the fray so I butted out! In hindsight, it appears that the best decisions were made and the good outcome was the result.

My best wishes for your and Cristina's continued recovery.
Tony

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 09:15 PM

Hi Ron ! really nice to see you on board and i sure hope you recover fast fast fast and Cristina tambien.

Can I ask you what the govenor said ? Did he contact you ? Was he impressed by the number of amreicanos who wrote him ?

suerte con todo. Blanca

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2011 at 06:11 AM

Glad you guys pulled thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 10-6-2011 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

And Sirena - you truly are my hero.

And you and Cristina are my hero's, the amount of love and strength that emanates from you both is truly amazing! xoxoxo

Get well soon!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 10-6-2011 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart

While I have donated money to many Nomad causes, I did not contribute to yours because the places to donate, opinions and strange motivations expressed here were confusing, and in my opinion, counterproductive.

If anything is confusing, it's this statement. Was it really necessary (not to say accurate) to make it?

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 07:21 AM

Would appear to be tones personal thoughts on the issue... no big woof.... just saying

and thanks KASHEYDOG and others for the up date on VA thinking ... thought I wasn't qualified, would appear I am... nice present to find under the Christmas tree... given current insurance and medical costs ... a little early ... but I LIKE IT anyway :):)

Anyone know how the VA is in Prescott AZ ???

[Edited on 10-17-2011 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 10-17-2011 by wessongroup]

bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup...Anyone know how the VA is in Prescott AZ ???...

I found them to be helpful, courteous, and conscientious. We re-located up here to Idaho shortly after I "filled in the forms" at the Prescott office and they then helped me move my file to Idaho. Good folks when I was there. (1994)

Allen R
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Would appear to be tones personal thoughts on the issue... no big woof.... just saying

and thanks KASHEYDOG and others for the up date on VA thinking ... thought I wasn't qualified, would appear I am... nice present to find under the Christmas tree... given current insurance and medical costs ... a little early ... but I LIKE IT anyway :):)

Anyone know how the VA is in Prescott AZ ???

Go get'er done Wesson... I just signed up last week and I'm going for my first physical this Friday. They have been very accommodating and helpful. The big facility in La Jolla is only about 25 miles north of the San Ysidro border crossing. It has ALL the stuff there. All you "Vets" need to look into this, you EARNED it. It's health care for the rest of your life..... and it's almost FREE........

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
.... and it's almost FREE........

Depending on your co-pay status, it can go either way.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
.... and it's almost FREE........

Depending on your co-pay status, it can go either way.

True Dennis..:yes:.. However, the co-pay didn't seem to be nearly as much as $600 to $800 a month for coverage in the private sector. From what I saw co-pays were minimal $15 to $20 a visit. I believe medicare A covers hospitalization for them. Any way I look at it it looks good to me. Can't go wrong. Costs nothing to sign up and check it out. I'm in...:yes:..:bounce:..:yes:

[Edited on 10-17-11 by KASHEYDOG]

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 04:40 PM

Well it was a good/bad news kind of day.

The good news is that the latest CT scan came back showing my jaw had healed to the point that they removed all the hardware holding my jaw together.

The bad news is that for the first time I was finally able to see the extent of the damage to my mouth/teeth and so it looks like it will be a long road ahead still.

In the end I am so thankful that Cristina and I survived and together we will face what comes. We are especially thankful for all of you that have supported us.

I consider us very, very lucky...
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 04:47 PM

You and Cristina survived. You are very lucky.:tumble:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 04:54 PM

I can't imagine how good it feels to be able to move your jaw! That is great. Poco a poco you can get the rest repaired.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 05:00 PM

Another disappointment was how little I can open my mouth. It will take therapy to get my jaw working like normal again.

And I was dreaming of a big, fat juicy steak tonight...

:rolleyes:
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Another disappointment was how little I can open my mouth. It will take therapy to get my jaw working like normal again.

And I was dreaming of a big, fat juicy steak tonight...

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear that you will need therapy for your jaw to work again like before. On the other hand, I haven't eated red meat since 1990. So, I will forgo the Beef along with you.:light:

Pages:  1  ..  63    65    67  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.