Pages:  1  ..  64    66    68  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Excuse my visitation of the past at this moment, but unless I missed a prior discosure here, I'm left wondering of the logistics of the donation effort in your behalf, and before others here scold me for my inquiry,....for me, it's an unanswered question that requires attention. It requires the same answers to questions that were asked at the time of the ordeal. I'm not asking purely to know the numbers, but to not feel we were ignored in our requests in the past when all we got was silence.
Again....it's not what transpired......it's what wasn't disclosed.
I want to know.......all of it. We were part of it and deserve full disclosure. I said before, I wouldn't let it go and I won't.

We were called upon to help....we did that.....and I want to know the full why.

Please forgive my perserverance, Ron. I love ya to death, but I have to keep the gaps in my life filled. That's what I owe to myself.

No problem at all Dennis. I am finally heading back down next week to the house in San Quintin. Once there I will see what I can round up in the way of receipts as some of them were grabbed up with my clothes and things from the hospital and taken back to San Quintin when I checked out and headed up north. Not even sure who took the stuff or where it ended up but I know they also took my boots so I figure if I can find them I will be close!

Not sure if you saw my post from a month ago where I posted what info/receipts I did have but here is a copy of that post:

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Good morning Nomads...

I have been away from the forum as several days ago I found myself in a lot of pain and experiencing shortness of breath - probably due to the simple fact that contrary to my daughter's insisting, I was just pushing myself too hard to get myself "back to normal". This is a process and I guess that I will just have to allow time and rest to bring this old body back. I can report that Cristina and I both are making progress and we both thank God for surviving that night, just over three weeks ago.

I understand the request for accountability and while we have been putting things together here, we realized that we do not have all the receipts. Many of them were bundled with my things from the hospital and taken back to San Quintin by friends.

My daughter did scan what we do have but she does not know how to upload them so I have taken over that task. These receipts add up to over 103,000 pesos and the money we received from your donations was 10,158 dollars, at the current exchange rate at the time (sorry - I don't have that figure available right now). The receipts scanned do not include the cost for things like medicines purchased, CT scans, additional lab work / X-Rays, transport and the cost for my surgery. Nor do they reflect nearly 10,000 dollars paid by family / close friends for our care in the first few days.

If any of you wish to be reimbursed, please notify me via u2u. Many, many thanks to ALL of you for your prayers, time, concern and contributions. It is appreciated by Cristina and I more than you could ever possibly know...

Ron

Link to Scan of Receipts

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 06:48 PM

hopefully your jaw will loosen up quickly ..... one step at a time ....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Another disappointment was how little I can open my mouth. It will take therapy to get my jaw working like normal again.

And I was dreaming of a big, fat juicy steak tonight...

:rolleyes:

All the best - are you getting PT locally in San Q' ?

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 08:02 PM

Dennis- you were the FIRST one to say Ron has nothing to do with this. He didn't ask for the money... remember? Why bring it up with Ron now, or did I miss some posts?

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Dennis- you were the FIRST one to say Ron has nothing to do with this. He didn't ask for the money... remember? Why bring it up with Ron now, or did I miss some posts?

It's a drama that requires closure, Craig. I'm going to the source for answers...not an accounting. It's a proper request.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

It's a drama that requires closure, Craig. I'm going to the source for answers...not an accounting. It's a proper request.

Are you asking for an accounting of the money actually collected? We didn't receive anything like that on paper, just the cash which I noted in the prior post. If there is someone who can coordinate the information/accounting from the people who actually received the donations we can compare that I guess? Not exactly sure who to even ask for that???
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 08:42 PM

111,000 an counting. Dennis please stop bullying people. Please.
You have had so many better things to talk about.
Hope if you or I need help we wont be crucified.
Your such an inspiration for what I hope to never experience.
Peace B.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 08:43 PM

Ron!!
Steak Tar Tar!!
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 08:48 PM

It's a reasonable and natural request by Dennis - I'm just not sure who can provide an actual accounting of the total collected vs what was given to us. I was kind of "out of it" while all that was going on.

So who here knows who can provide the actual donated total?

sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
Ron!!
Steak Tar Tar!!

Blenderized clams and oysters.............nah never mind.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73
Quote:
Ron!!
Steak Tar Tar!!

Clams and oysters I can eat - really looking forward to getting back to La Chorera!!!

sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ron!!
Steak Tar Tar!!

Clams and oysters I can eat - really looking forward to getting back to La Chorera!!!

:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:
Dios te bendiga, Mr. Hoff

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 09:00 PM

Quote:
Dios te bendiga, Mr. Hoff

Thanks pal. He already has...

;)

UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 09:01 PM

Who really cares..Not me! Just glad Ron & his wife are alive, if there was a little extra to help with the on going expenses..Great! Drop it and let's get back to being Nomads and looking out for each other when terrible things happen...............
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 09:07 PM

I think Dennis has a legitimate request. He went to the recipient to see how it all went down. He handled it with respect and a clear understanding of the pitfalls involved in asking. He waited till a major milestone in the victim's progress was reached. He donated money, I believe. Is he supposed to just HOPE that a concerted effort by Nomads was handled properly?

I'm curious, too. I didnt donate this time but, given the level of support, I will be a donor for the next victim off Nomads. This is a good thing!!!

Didnt sound like a crucifixion or bullying to me at all..................
deportes
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 09:11 PM

Money is the root of all evil! Great to hear that Ron and cristina are heading back to the area they love. GL amigo!Que Dios los bendiga! Salud y Paz.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
... who here knows who can provide the actual donated total?

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Just follow-up here. My understanding is these were the total peso amounts that were collected through FDT:

Western Union 16,493
Banamex 5,975
Soriana 2,000
--
Total 24,468

The remainder (and majority) of the donated funds were processed through Discover Baja as arranged by another Nomad (noted earlier in the thread).

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 09:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
... who here knows who can provide the actual donated total?

Quote:
Just follow-up here. My understanding is these were the total peso amounts that were collected through FDT:

Western Union 16,493
Banamex 5,975
Soriana 2,000
--
Total 24,468

The remainder (and majority) of the donated funds were processed through Discover Baja as arranged by another Nomad (noted earlier in the thread).

At first I thought that was in dollars and I about had a heart attack as I know we never received even half that amount. I will continue to work offline with folks involved to see if we can come up with a more complete answer...
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I think Dennis has a legitimate request. He went to the recipient to see how it all went down. He handled it with respect and a clear understanding of the pitfalls involved in asking. He waited till a major milestone in the victim's progress was reached. He donated money, I believe. Is he supposed to just HOPE that a concerted effort by Nomads was handled properly?

I'm curious, too. I didnt donate this time but, given the level of support, I will be a donor for the next victim off Nomads. This is a good thing!!!

Didnt sound like a crucifixion or bullying to me at all..................

I had a chance to visit with Ron and Cristina a few weeks back. Although in good spirits and recovering rapidly- it was clear to me they both will need more work. Whatever money was donated/loaned/collected won't be enough to cover the bills they are incurring. What they went through, and the injuries they suffered- were far worse than what was posted here. You have to be sitting face to face with them to understand how truly bad this was. I understand promises were made to provide a responsible accounting- but anyone who thinks there is a surplus in Ron's pocket is misguided. jmo.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 06:01 AM

Quote:
I understand promises were made to provide a responsible accounting- but anyone who thinks there is a surplus in Ron's pocket is misguided. jmo.

Not for a moment did I think that. If I had, I never would have brought this up.
I did bring it up because it's part of a tacit [and not so tacit] agreement that was suggested, and, in my opinion, made.
I'm just inquisitive about unexplained "Bailouts." Can anyone here say these things don't bother them?
 Pages:  1  ..  64    66    68  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.