Pages:  1  ..  65    67    69  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I'm just inquisitive about unexplained "Bailouts." Can anyone here say these things don't bother them?

these things dont bother me a bit....there I said it...have a great day everyone!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 09:42 AM

When I choose to give, it is all about the giving, not what happens to or with the money, just sayin. JH
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

these things dont bother me a bit....there I said it...have a great day everyone!

I guess I should have said, "US taxpayer."
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 11:35 AM

nahhh....that doesnt bother me either!!! jajajaja

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
nahhh....that doesnt bother me either!!! jajajaja

I'll think of something. hmmmmmmm.........:smug:
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 12:07 PM

OK, so based on what Doug posted earlier we have this amount in donations in pesos:

Western Union 16,493
Banamex 5,975
Soriana 2,000
--
Total 24,468

I just got an email from Carol at Discover Baja who generously coordinated the majority of the donations and even donated all the credit card fees which would have been deducted from the donations sent.

Here is her email including her contact info in case any of you would like to contact her to verify:

"We kept a detailed report of the donations we collected for you. I would NOT want the amounts and names shared on the nomad site. I don't think that would serve any positive purpose.

Between 9/14 and 9/16/2011 we took 22 donations by credit card totaling $9145.00. We tried to send a $5,000 moneygram on Sept 14th which was never successfully delivered. We went back on Sept 15th and got the $5,000 back but the $100 fee was non-refundable. On Sept 16th we gave $9045.00 in cash to be delivered in to Ensenada. We assumed the cost for the credit card processing.

Ron, if you need more information about specific donations, I'd be glad to share it with you, but I don't want that all made public. Hope this helps."

Saludos,

Carol

Discover Baja Travel Club
(619) 275-4225
(800) 727-2252
(858) 458-0722 Fax
www.discoverbaja.com

There was an exchange receipt for the $9045USD into pesos but we can't find that right now. It may have made its way back to SQ with the rest of my things from the hospital. It was sort of an organized chaos during those days back in September.

I looked online and the general consensus for the exchange rate on September 15th was that it was about 12.9 to the dollar.

That equates to $9045USD = $116,680.50 pesos. Add that to the peso total previously given and that comes out to $141,148.50 pesos.

About ten thousand pesos from that was used for food/lodging/logistics for Cristina's family who had come to be with her at the Hospital General and to buy a couple of phone cards and other miscellaneous small expenses for those who selflessly gave up a week of their life to stand guard in the hospital and coordinate the flow of info/needs/help/contact with the family.

My daughter was given a little over 131,000 pesos which went COMPLETELY towards the balance owing for the hospital / surgeons bills.

Although we still face a long road ahead to completely recover, I am again compelled to say how very thankful we are to ALL of you for your donations, care, support, calls, messages and prayers. God was truly watching over us.

You all will remain very close to us in our hearts...

goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 12:17 PM

BajaGringo, you are a true class act. I'm confident you and Christina will continue to recover and your lives will return to some sort of normal, whatever that may be. Best wishes to you both.

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 12:17 PM

What is tough about this situation is you two people that were seriously harmed and needed serious medical attention, thus they will not have all the ins and outs of getting everything together even if they tried. Tough spot to be in and tough going it will be to make sure everyone is thanked, other than you know who you are if you donated and their thanks has been given many times on this site. Hope all is well and recovery is going well along with God keeping them safe from future harm. Take Care&Travel Safe---"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
to make sure everyone is thanked,

I doubt anyone is looking to be thanked.....only get the closure that was offered at the beginning of this ordeal.
As far as I'm concerned, Ron just did that and it will go a long way toward the success of the next effort.
It's only a matter of time.

Thanks Ron.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 07:24 PM

I never thought of a surplus either.

I was actually more interested in what the charges were, that were imposed by the health care professionals.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2011 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I never thought of a surplus either.

I was actually more interested in what the charges were, that were imposed by the health care professionals.

Good question and I am still trying to figure that out. The hospital where I was taken normally gets paid by the day - no running tab. They made some exceptions in my case and allowed the bill to accumulate for a few days. Once they did start the accounting we were presented with individual bills for ICU care, CT scans, X-Rays, medications, procedures, operating room and daily hospitalization. We then paid separately for the care provided by the physicians - there were four. A Neurologist, a neurosurgeon, an oral surgeon and one other doctor who I believe was an internist.

We were never given a single, itemized bill for the entire stay/care but I believe it was in the range of 200,000 pesos spent from the first day until I was discharged a week later...
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 10:23 AM

I am very happy to say that Cristina is finally back home now and we are working hard to get back on track with all our projects around here. I haven't been online much lately but you all continue to be in our thoughts and we will never forget all the support you gave us.

God bless every one of you...

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 10:25 AM

So glad that you are back together in the place you want to be!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
I am very happy to say that Cristina is finally back home now and we are working hard to get back on track with all our projects around here. I haven't been online much lately but you all continue to be in our thoughts and we will never forget all the support you gave us.

God bless every one of you...

You and Cristina gave us a good scare and I am so glad she has healed well enough to return home. I am still looking forward to abalone in a few years! Our huge Lab Guero was especially fond of Cristina and the way he just laid his huge body at her feet to comfort her was wonderful (for both of them I think). Very glad this six month ordeal did not derail you. bravo!

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 12:38 PM

Good news for sure. Glad things are working their way back to normal.
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 01:06 PM

Ron , Glad to see you back.Very happy to see that Christina is ok and at home with you.,k

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 3-8-2012 at 01:16 PM

Yes, good to hear that you are doing "OK" (more or less). Thanks again to FDT, Carol at Discover Baja, and all the Nomads that kicked in. Way to go!

Honest Neal Johns - a man you can trust! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 8-20-2012 at 12:49 PM

Bajagringo
I am glad that you and your wife are ok after that bad ordeal.
I am looking forward to see if I can also help you in any way, I will be checking this thread from now on to see if I can be of any service.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2012 at 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ramuma53
Bajagringo
I am glad that you and your wife are ok after that bad ordeal.
I am looking forward to see if I can also help you in any way, I will be checking this thread from now on to see if I can be of any service.

You can help by not helping.:lol::?: :lol:

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2012 at 03:36 PM

Boy aren't you privileged, Ron. Bet you can't wait!
 Pages:  1  ..  65    67    69  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.