Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  67    69  
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-13-2020 at 10:19 AM

I am proud of Nomads who rally to come to the rescue!
Perhaps this site has slipped over the years, but in times of need, many people stepped up to the plate to help so many Nomads for which I applaud you all and Doug for hosting this site.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 12:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Hey Ron, It was nice to meet you a few years back. I wish healing for you and Cristina. I hope for further distancing -- between you and this event -- that life threw at ya . I'm sure you have gained a lot of wisdom that'll be shared with other humans for the rest of your life. Take care buddy. Thanks for surviving and sharing.

Jon

It was great meeting you too Jon and hopefully after this pandemic is in the rear view mirror we can meet again and spend some more time together.

Thanks so much for the very kind words...

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 12:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
Hey Ron,

I know we have not met in person but I feel I know you from the many extensive dialogues we have had.

I just have to say that your depth of character, intellect and your inner strength are remarkable.
You have suffered the greatest of losses and, yet, you thrive without any bitterness that I have seen.

I am not sure I would be so graceful but I do believe in surviving the moments until you can thrive again.

All respect to you and I hope you and Cristina find a modality of PTSD TX that will ease her challenges with it.
I understand it a bit too personally but it is what it is.

I am very interested in the modalities with psychotropic applications and what appears to be very good success rates.
Not everybody is, though, and that is a very personal decision.

Katie wishes you both the best as do I.

Big hugs to you.

Thanks Frank and the feeling is mutual. I know that whenever we do finally meet in person it will be like old friends getting together again as I feel I have come to know you and your family that well over the years.

Cristina has tried lots of different therapies and medications but it seems that time and the support of good friends here in our local community is probably the very best healer of all, to whatever extent that is even possible.

I just thank God that she survived that awful nightmare.

Take care of yourself and your family and let's make sure that our paths do eventually cross finally in the not too distant future amigo.

Hugs for you and your O'Grady crew - stay safe...

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lizard lips  
Last time I saw you Ron was there at Del Carmen hooked up to all those tubes and when I saw you it took my breath away! I really hope one day soon we can get together and chat. You will always have this "Brother" here in Ensenada whenever you need me.

The feeling is mutual Dan and know that you have a brother here in San Quintin as well. Make it down this way and we'll share an afternoon over a BBQ and adult beverages...

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 12:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I am proud of Nomads who rally to come to the rescue!
Perhaps this site has slipped over the years, but in times of need, many people stepped up to the plate to help so many Nomads for which I applaud you all and Doug for hosting this site.

So true indeed Shari...

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 12:56 PM

I always thought Lizard Lips was a she. After all these years ...
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 02:18 PM

LIZARD LIPS is such a cool name!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 02:53 PM

Photos of your favorite Nomads (even before there was this Baja Nomad) are at the many get-togethers we had years ago! They are on my website.

Here is Lizard Lips at the Feb. 2002 Viva Baja #3, in Oceanside, CA:

I think Dan is holding a bottle of spirits he donated for one of our many door prizes... Thanks for attending Dan & Pat!

Here are all the Viva Baja #3 photos: http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabaja3/

The other Viva Baja events:
Viva Baja #1 (2000): http://vivabaja.com/vivabaja/ in San Clemente
Viva Baja #2 (2001): http://vivabaja.com/vivabaja2/ in San Clemente
Viva Baja #4 (2003): http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabaja4/ in Capistrano Beach
Viva Baja Cactus (2006): http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabajacactus/index.html in Tijuana

There were spin offs created by those at Viva Baja, like M's BBBB camping parties (4) and Keri's Pyramid Resort Book Signings (6), where you can see Nomads having fun.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 06:36 AM

What an extremely handsome man I am!!!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lizard lips  
What an extremely handsome man I am!!!

Indeed!

Viva Baja is filled with handsome people! LOL

Here is our leader Doug, 'BajaNomad,' just months before creating this forum, in 2002:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 05:21 PM
Finally sentenced after 12 years...

For those of you who have kept in contact with me over the years, inquiring about the prosecution of the three perps (2 brothers and a half brother) that attacked Cristina and I back in 2011, we were finally notified today that were sentenced to 17 years in prison.

They have been in custody since 2011 and are currently incarcerated in the maximum security wing of El Hongo prison in Tecate.

The sentence seems light but we're extremely grateful for all the support of our family, friends online and the entire community here in San Quintin who helped save our lives, made sure we received good care, watched over our home as we recuperated and continue to support us today.

I also want to thank our Ministereo Publico who prosecuted the case and made sure they stayed in prison all these years while the perps continually attempted to derail the case, over and over - to no avail.

We are both glad to finally close this chapter of our lives and focus on all that is still in front of us - we feel very blessed just to be alive...

Ron & Cris.jpg - 152kB

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by BajaGringo]

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 05:57 PM

Nice :thumbup:
BigOly
Senior Nomad

Mood: Easy Birder

[*] posted on 6-14-2023 at 07:35 PM

Bless your hearts!!!

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 05:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  
...we were finally notified today that were sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Gratifying, I guess. The whole concept of "justice" is confusing, to say the least.

Does that mean 17 years from now, or completing that period since they were first arrested?

They get credit for time served but before sentencing they get zero credit for good behaviour, meaning that they have anywhere from 2.5 to 5 more years, based on how they behave in prison going forward.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2023 at 08:17 AM

Thanks for the update, Ron. Justice sometimes is slow, unfortunately. At least they have been in prison the past many years. You two look well in the photo!

watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2023 at 07:09 AM

Boy, the wheels of justice do grind slowly. But at least they still grind. I remember this incident well, and have followed all these years. So happy that you and your wife finally got closure, and can now move on. That you guys have continued to live and prosper in Mexico is a tribute to your character, and commitment. I salute you.

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2023 at 09:24 AM

"we were finally notified today that were sentenced to 17 years in prison.

They have been in custody since 2011 and are currently incarcerated in the maximum security wing of El Hongo prison in Tecate."

Wow, 12 years until they finally got sentenced. So since they've been incarcerated since 2011, does that mean they get out in 5 years because of time served?
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2023 at 07:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
"we were finally notified today that were sentenced to 17 years in prison.

They have been in custody since 2011 and are currently incarcerated in the maximum security wing of El Hongo prison in Tecate."

Wow, 12 years until they finally got sentenced. So since they've been incarcerated since 2011, does that mean they get out in 5 years because of time served?

Assuming they have no further incidents while incarcerated, yes.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2023 at 07:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by watizname  
Boy, the wheels of justice do grind slowly. But at least they still grind. I remember this incident well, and have followed all these years. So happy that you and your wife finally got closure, and can now move on. That you guys have continued to live and prosper in Mexico is a tribute to your character, and commitment. I salute you.

Probably just too hard headed for my own good but thankfully our little community here at La Chorera is slowly growing and as we get more neighbors and visitors to our local beaches and outdoor seafood restaurants, the overall safety situation here has continued to improve. Cristina was diagnosed with chronic PTSD and it's a challenge at times but overall we are both very thankful just to be alive.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2023 at 09:41 AM

Sorry about the PTSD. Glad that justice has been done!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1  ..  67    69  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.