Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  68    70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 3-16-2024 at 08:12 AM
Two more years added onto their sentence...

Cristina and I were surprised to receive a message yesterday, asking for us to come to the local courthouse here in San Quintín where we were notified of an update in the case. The attorney from the local Ministereo Publico who prosecuted the case had followed through on his promise to appeal the sentence, feeling like we did, that the 17 years sentence was "light".

We received the decision of the appeals court in Mexicali that the 3 perps were all re-sentenced, given an additional 2 years of prison time, extending their sentence now to nearly 19 years.

Because they had attempted so many legal manueveurs over the years, attempting to wear us down and get us to simply "give up", they only delayed the inevitable.

But they ended up screwing themselves as credit for good behavior only begins AFTER sentencing, meaning they served 12 years in prison with no credit for good behavior which ended up costing them a net 6 additional years of time in prison.

If they had just accepted their guilt from the get-go and allowed the process to run its course without all the delay tactics they would already have been out on the streets a few years ago.

Now they are still at El Hongo prison in Tecate and facing at least a couple more years, even if they behave themselves behind bars.

[Edited on 3-16-2024 by BajaGringo]

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2024 at 08:44 AM

Their well-deserved bad news is your good news. It's nice when that happens!

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-16-2024 at 09:53 AM

Hopefully this gives you some additional peace of mind. I hope Cristina is doing better with her PTSD.
Thanks for sharing here as some of us are unable to see posts on Facebook.
Be well, Ron.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2024 at 12:28 PM

Ptsd... often never goes away.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2024 at 12:57 PM

There are a growing number of psychologists and therapists, based on case studies and scientific research, who have found that using MDMA, commonly known as ecstasy, in a controlled setting, has been successful in treating PTSD when nothing else has worked well.

I just happened to be listening to a podcast about this the other day. Soldiers and police officers, among others, who had been suffering from PTSD for which other therapies had not really significantly changed their symptoms, were talking about how the use of MDMA in their therapy had finally helped more than anything, and quite quickly, with lasting results.

[Edited on 3-17-2024 by surabi]
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2024 at 07:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
There are a growing number of psychologists and therapists, based on case studies and scientific research, who have found that using MDMA, commonly known as ecstasy, in a controlled setting, has been successful in treating PTSD when nothing else has worked well.

I just happened to be listening to a podcast about this the other day. Soldiers and police officers, among others, who had been suffering from PTSD for which other therapies had not really significantly changed their symptoms, were talking about how the use of MDMA in their therapy had finally helped more than anything, and quite quickly, with lasting results.

[Edited on 3-17-2024 by surabi]

Thanks for sharing that. Cristina has been diagnosed with chronic PTSD by several different government and private mental health professionals over the years and I have followed many of the new treatments being investigated.

I have read some of the press around using MDMA over the last couple of years and looking at the data, it appears that about a net of 20-25% of patients treated with MDMA improved because of the MDMA. Although the results of the study showed over 70% improved, nearly 50% of those patients who were given a placebo also improved, which tells me that simply giving those suffering from PTSD some hope that some new treatment will help, can play a significant role for about half of the patients.

Having spent the last dozen years of trying so many different drug treatments along with hundreds of hours in therapy for Cristina with some limited improvement that seems to have plateued, I would venture a guess that she is not one of those who can be helped with just "hope".

But I am anxious to see this treatment get approval to find out if maybe she might be one of those in the 20-25% group who is positively impacted by its use.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2023/09/426116/mdmas-latest-trial-...

MDMA for PTSD.JPG - 27kB

[Edited on 3-18-2024 by BajaGringo]

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2024 at 10:39 AM

Here is a link to that podcast, if you are interested, BajaGringo. I've heard other podcasts on this- this is the one where a former police officer explains how the MDMA sessions actually worked as far as it unlocking a recognition of where his PTSD feelings and thought processes were coming from so he could successfully address them. After all, two people can experience the same traumatic incident, but one ends up with PTSD and one doesn't, so it isn't just a matter of such and such happened to me so of course I have PTSD. There's more to it than that. And as he says in the interview, it's not a magic pill, it's something that assists in accessing the parts of the brain that can lead to healing.
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-63-the-current/clip/1...

[Edited on 3-18-2024 by surabi]

[Edited on 3-18-2024 by surabi]
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2024 at 04:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Here is a link to that podcast, if you are interested, BajaGringo. I've heard other podcasts on this- this is the one where a former police officer explains how the MDMA sessions actually worked as far as it unlocking a recognition of where his PTSD feelings and thought processes were coming from so he could successfully address them. After all, two people can experience the same traumatic incident, but one ends up with PTSD and one doesn't, so it isn't just a matter of such and such happened to me so of course I have PTSD. There's more to it than that. And as he says in the interview, it's not a magic pill, it's something that assists in accessing the parts of the brain that can lead to healing.
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-63-the-current/clip/1...

Thanks for sharing that. I will translate this for Cristina tonight...

Pages:  1  ..  68    70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.